Author Topic: Remember when they said Jaylen can't shoot  (Read 2449 times)

Remember when they said Jaylen can't shoot
« on: July 03, 2019, 04:35:31 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
Over on Reddit is a video of Jaylen nailing threes  for what seems a long time from everywhere with one miss in and out.
TP for someone that can repost that video here.
Thanks

Re: Remember when they said Jaylen can't shoot
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2019, 05:12:00 AM »

Offline maklin

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 2
I could upload a video of me hitting ten 3s in a row... all I would need is shooting a thousand 3s... I might hit 10 somewhere during that...

seriously... what is the value of such a video?

(if it was Tacko Fall, I might be curious.) :D
Disappointment is anger for wimps.

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2019, 02:30:44 PM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
Lol hitting 10 nba range threes in a row isn’t easy for anyone.  Methinks you overestimate your abilities.

In any case Brown has already had one season of 40% from three.  It’s not unusual to think he can do it again or even improve from range.

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2019, 02:35:46 PM »

Offline arctic 3.0

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 406
I could upload a video of me hitting ten 3s in a row... all I would need is shooting a thousand 3s... I might hit 10 somewhere during that...

What is the value of such a post?

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2019, 02:37:15 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Correct me if I'm wrong but I think most NBA wing players could do this right? Anyone remember when rondo kept making the 3 against durant in that game of HORSE?

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2019, 02:37:28 PM »

Offline tonydelk

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 468

TP Good point and proof.  His scouting report was poor shooter like Romeo but with work and teaching it can be improved.  Brown has absolutely improved his shooting over what his projections were stated to be.

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2019, 02:38:53 PM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
Hahaha when I was a teenager my mother remarried this total jerk but he was an awesome basketball player. I'd be out shooting hoops by myself for weeks trying to hit 20 in a row. Every one in a while this jerk would come out and have me throw him the ball and he would say 20 in a row from here. It was probably college range and than he would hit 20 in a row, walk back in the house and sit in front of the tv! >:( 

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2019, 02:41:31 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Awesome.

« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2019, 04:12:00 PM »

Online jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1772
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Lol hitting 10 nba range threes in a row isn’t easy for anyone.  Methinks you overestimate your abilities.

In any case Brown has already had one season of 40% from three.  It’s not unusual to think he can do it again or even improve from range.

Last week I literally hit 21 three pointers in a row (not NBA). I am 39, not known as a shooter, and don't play nearly as much as I used to. I also had to go and get the ball each time.

All this is to say that I have no doubt Jaylen can knock down 3 after 3 in practice. He has worked incredibly hard on his game and I can only imagine how many tens of thousands (hundreds of thousands?) of shots he has taken to improve himself.

Anyway, I thought Jaylen was gallivanting the world and focusing on other phases of his life. I heard he wasn't passionate about basketball in another thread  ::)

« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2019, 04:41:51 PM »

Offline mqtcelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 236
Jaylen *can* shoot, but him doing it in a workout doesn’t mean much. Going out and hitting wide open jumpers in rhythm doesn’t equate to getting off shots in a game. See: Simmons, Ben

« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2019, 05:01:25 PM »

Offline 18isGREATERthan72

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 34
Jaylen *can* shoot, but him doing it in a workout doesn’t mean much. Going out and hitting wide open jumpers in rhythm doesn’t equate to getting off shots in a game. See: Simmons, Ben

To be fair, if you watch the video, the 3's are off the pass but he goes back and fourth between two different hoops shooting from different sides of the floor, and the ball delivery isn't spot on everytime, as well as the spot he takes the shot from.  These shots aren't him standing in a corner and shooting spot up 3's.  These are more like "in transition" from different angles.

https://twitter.com/jaylenovermj/status/1145816524621529089?s=21
« Last Edit: July 03, 2019, 05:06:48 PM by 18isGREATERthan72 »

« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2019, 05:06:58 PM »

Offline mmmmm

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 862

Ben Simmons: 
    Regular Season:  17 career 3PA, 0 makes, 0.00% 3PT%, career FG% outside 16 feet (just 47 total attempts across 2 seasons)= 27.7%
    Playoffs:  0 of 1 threes, 0.00% 3PT%

Jaylen Brown: 
   Regular season:  717 career 3PA, 262 makes, 36.5% 3PT%, career FG% outside 16 feet (842 attempts across 3 seasons) = 36.2%
   Playoffs:  63 of 175 threes, 36.0% 3PT%

Maybe we shouldn't waste time here with the "See: Simmons, Ben" on this topic.
NBA Officiating - Corrupt?  Incompetent?  Which is worse?  Does it matter?  It sucks.

« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2019, 01:16:23 AM »

Offline maklin

• Xavier Tillman

thats what I meant... It isn't that hard, to hit a lot of threes during practice.
I'll try to cut short on irony next time...

« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2019, 01:25:02 AM »

Offline maklin

• Xavier Tillman

It's an opinion... you have one... I have one. yours is off topic, mine is debatable. :P

« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2019, 03:34:28 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233

To be fair, if you watch the video, the 3's are off the pass but he goes back and fourth between two different hoops shooting from different sides of the floor, and the ball delivery isn't spot on everytime, as well as the spot he takes the shot from.  These shots aren't him standing in a corner and shooting spot up 3's.  These are more like "in transition" from different angles.

https://twitter.com/jaylenovermj/status/1145816524621529089?s=21
[/quote

TP   Thanks for expanding on going from three point line to three point line at different angles off dribble and catch and shoots,step backs and fall aways. I also like his arc and form ,he has put in the work and will only get better.
.Marcus worked hard on his shot but the results were delayed due to injuries stated Brad.
Romeo working on improving his shot and ridding a hitch.

I think i mentioned the work ethic of Jaylen and his desire to be great and the responders snarky comments as to anybody can do it by putting up 1000's of shots.
The knock on Jayson was he couldn't shoot  coming into league.What did he hit about 40% this season? I think he will become a deadly 3 point shooter in the future.