Author Topic: In golden age of Boston sports, Kyrie Irving will go down as greatest conman  (Read 5119 times)

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Ray Allen, Pitino and Irving are in trapped in a house on fire.

You can save 1: Who is it?

My answer:Get out the marshmallows.

To be clear, is the house on fire or are all three of them on fire, inside of a house?
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528

Ray, easy.
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
Eh, I think Irving is an enormous tool, but I don't know that he is as vindictive and conniving as is being portrayed. He proved himself to be completely unable to lead and there is no reason to believe that won't continue with the Nets.

The biggest issue I have with him is that he (and AD) basically turned our title contending roster into just a decent playoff team. If he were a 'good guy', he would have pushed the Nets for a s&t so we wouldn't be left high and dry. We certainly have room to grow, but without the ability to stay above cap, we lost our ability to keep/add talented depth.

I'm not sure how much control he has over the sign & trade thing. There's just no reason for Sean Marks and the Nets to do it unless they're getting an asset worth their time. And remember, they had to pull off such an extensive rebuild because of the KG/PP trade, so I'm sure they're in no rush to extend us any goodwill. They put themselves in position where they don't have to rely on another team to complete the moves they wanted to. Kudos to them.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

Ray, easy.

Yeah Ray got KG to agree to come here, helped us get a ring then made the inevitable 2013 blowup a bit easier to swing, it's no contest.

Offline CelticsPoetry

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 73
When was the last time in the NBA that someone failed in a leaders role as much as Kyrie did here?
Who is the closest example?
Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook
KD delivered 2 times as a leader in OKC and GSW IMO.
Russ while not as good of a player at least owned his failures and stayed there.
Both never dissed their teammates nor organization.
It's true they didn't diss anyone, but what did KD really deliver? 3 MVPs on those OKC teams with one finals appearance (almost got swept), blowing a 3-1 lead in the Conf. finals nd 2 hollow titles with joining one of the best teams ever. Would we think more of Malone if he joined the Bulls and won 3 or 4 titles?

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

Ray, easy.

Yeah Ray got KG to agree to come here, helped us get a ring then made the inevitable 2013 blowup a bit easier to swing, it's no contest.
yeah, it's Ray no question.  he played hard while he was here.  his leaving hurt but he gave his all when here.  didn't help in the finals in 2010 he had that game where he clanked every 3 he took but other than that, I'm fine with how he played here.

Offline TheBig3

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 18
For those who go to the 1st game the nets come in for .. get your signs ready

Pierce is the truth
Irving is the LIE

Offline Chef Parish

• NGT
  • Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 1673

"Firefighter Larry is not walking through that door. Firefighter Kevin is not walking through that door, and firefighter Robert is not walking through that door."

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 742
Generally, in all of life, when you think it's malice, it's really just incompetence. Or ignorance. Someone mugging you on the street doesn't hate you, they just want what you have and don't care about you.

The idea that Kyrie was "conning" Boston all along sounds a bit fanciful to me. I think he's confused and ignorant more than anything.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Generally, in all of life, when you think it's malice, it's really just incompetence. Or ignorance. Someone mugging you on the street doesn't hate you, they just want what you have and don't care about you.

The idea that Kyrie was "conning" Boston all along sounds a bit fanciful to me. I think he's confused and ignorant more than anything.

I'd replace 'confused' and 'ignorant' with 'extremely self-centered' and 'very unreliable'.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

Online Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 413

This isnt funny..i know couple of ppl who died in house fires..so making a joke of someone who in a house fire is not cool
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

This isnt funny..i know couple of ppl who died in house fires..so making a joke of someone who in a house fire is not cool

Valid point.

Let's save all three from the house fire, let Ray go because he's just a Type-A weirdo workaholic, then tie Pitino and Kyrie to posts in a public square so people can throw rotten tomatoes at them.  Nothing solid enough to cause injury.  Just public humiliation.

Much better.  :)
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain