Author Topic: In golden age of Boston sports, Kyrie Irving will go down as greatest conman  (Read 5126 times)

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 365
Love it. Speaks to exactly the post I made last night about Irving’s extensive history of making contradictory remarks and saying one thing while doing another.

Hope he’s as miserable in Brooklyn as he made everyone here while he was playing in Boston (though admittedly it wasn’t all him, just a huge part).

oh he will be if Brooklyn sputters this season and/or Durant comes back and isnt the same player and they struggle.

Offline satch

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 136
"Greatest Con Man" in Celtics history-Mark Blount

Offline seancally

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 119
I mean didn’t bleacher report literally report that Irving and Durant planned to team up together after this season... before the season started?

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2843699-inside-kevin-durant-and-kyrie-irvings-plot-to-team-up-in-brooklyn
"The game honors toughness." - President Stevens

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Eh, I think Irving is an enormous tool, but I don't know that he is as vindictive and conniving as is being portrayed. He proved himself to be completely unable to lead and there is no reason to believe that won't continue with the Nets.

The biggest issue I have with him is that he (and AD) basically turned our title contending roster into just a decent playoff team. If he were a 'good guy', he would have pushed the Nets for a s&t so we wouldn't be left high and dry. We certainly have room to grow, but without the ability to stay above cap, we lost our ability to keep/add talented depth.

Offline Wretch

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42
No one out cons Rick Pitino in Boston Sports history.

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
He's not cunning enough to be a conman. He's just a self absorbed knuckle head!

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
Brooklyn gave up a young all star that was part of pulling these scrapping guys up -Kyrie is a poison pill maybe he is a borderline personality disorder.
I liked his abstract thinking but when it went devious and manipulative.
I choose number 11 because it was his dads number and was hanging in rafters at BU
Maybe somebody should X that out after a betrayal of a whole city, a historic franchise and he wouldn't sign charity basketballs but gave his trainers away when cameras were rolling.
.Put Marcus on Kyrie with Williams at the rim that will alter some shots and our long wings. Maybe he will sit against Celts at the Garden.Load management
Always wanted to" go home" -just another page out of Lebrons playbook- playing the kid from the hood and looking for the keys to NYC is more like it.
Family first what hog wash-he failed and bailed    "at being a leader of Celtics."

No sign and trade from either Kyrie or Horford --

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
The classic ****bag move: snapping a reporters when they ask you a question that is based on truth but you have to pretend that it's not. Real classy, Kyrie, real classy.

He learned how to act as top of the food chain from you know who is now in Purple and Gold. But at least you know who can actually carry a team on his shoulders.

Maybe Kyrie once fell off the edge of our Flat Earth and bumped his head on the fall. That could explain a lot :)

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Brooklyn gave up a young all star that was part of pulling these scrapping guys up -Kyrie is a poison pill maybe he is a borderline personality disorder.
I choose number 11 because it was his dads number and was hanging in rafters at BU
Maybe somebody should X that out after a betrayal of a whole city, a historic franchise and he wouldn't sign charity basketballs but gave his trainers away when cameras were rolling.
.Put Marcus on Kyrie with Williams at the rim that will alter some shots and our long wings. Maybe he will sit against Celts at the Garden.Load management
Always wanted to" go home" -just another page out of Lebrons playbook- playing the kid from the hood and looking for the keys to NYC is more like it.
Family first what hog wash-he failed and bailed    "at being a leader of Celtics."

What I don't understand is how someone thinks he's going back home, but he's from NJ, and the Nets are from Brooklyn.

Anyways, cannot wait until we match up and this sorry loser 'sits,' out because of 'personal,' reasons.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941

What I don't understand is how someone thinks he's going back home, but he's from NJ, and the Nets are from Brooklyn.

Anyways, cannot wait until we match up and this sorry loser 'sits,' out because of 'personal,' reasons.

They were in NJ for quite awhile from 1967 to 2012 so to many in that area, they will always be the NJ Nets. He grew up in NJ with the Nets in his backyard as well so to him, that is home even though Brooklyn like you said is not home so that is a bit weird I guess!

If he sits out vs. us he will be crucified by the media. It would be interesting how the media will treat that occurrence and we know it will happen at some time. I for one am rooting for a quit during a series vs. us sometime in the future. Our D will be swarming him like workers bees to a hive protecting their queen.

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.

They were in NJ for quite awhile from 1967 to 2012 so to many in that area, they will always be the NJ Nets. He grew up in NJ with the Nets in his backyard as well so to him, that is home even though Brooklyn like you said is not home so that is a bit weird I guess!

If he sits out vs. us he will be crucified by the media. It would be interesting how the media will treat that occurrence and we know it will happen at some time. I for one am rooting for a quit during a series vs. us sometime in the future. Our D will be swarming him like workers bees to a hive protecting their queen.

That is true, but I hope we absolutely make his life terrible.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136
No one out cons Rick Pitino in Boston Sports history.

To me Irving just did.

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Kyrie Irving is like a NASCAR driver complaining about the evils of fossil fuels.

Dude is such a phony hypocrite.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

Offline IDreamCeltics

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 140

Agreed.  I've never seen anything like the drop-off from his playoff breakout to the next season... That's definitely a contract Danny is hoping everyone forgets.

Offline angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 591
Ray Allen, Pitino and Irving are in trapped in a house on fire.

You can save 1: Who is it?

My answer:Get out the marshmallows.
Still don't believe in Joe.