Author Topic: So who is our big man of future  (Read 5519 times)

Re: So who is our big man of future
« Reply #45 on: July 03, 2019, 04:56:20 PM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 144
Our big man of the future could be the one we pick using the Memphis pick.
likely this

next years draft is SG heavy, and I thin we need to have the pick convey next season as there is a very good chance that Memphis is not trash in 2 years and instead looks more like Kings of this season.

Wiseman is probably top 6 for sure, meaning we couldnt get him.

Carney and Bassey might be available in the 20s though.

in 2021 when the pick in unprotected, there are a number of good looking prospects so far.
Mobley, Maker, Jones, Diop and I am sure many others.

I am really big on Makur Maker. Got some KG Like skills on him, great ball handler, can pass very well, a true 7 footer already, solid shooting form, excellent athletecism. He has the skills of a guard in a 7 foot body

I agree with Memphis not beings trash in 2 years. I wouldn’t hold my breath for that pick, Danny doesn’t have a great history of drafting bigs.

I think it probably conveys this uocoming season at about 8-11 where a bunch of wings are slated.

Of course it is very early yet.

« Reply #46 on: July 03, 2019, 05:00:19 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
Man people are really scarred by last season, Memphis is not likely to be competitive in the west the next two years.

I find it hard to speak in such absolutes.

And I am certain a number of people claimed there was no way that sacramento would be competetive in the west last season.

Its very reasonable to see Morant have a r.o.y. impact, jjj to continue to improve, jonas to keep doing his double double stuff and then in offseason they have alot of capspace and a potential top pick again.

IMO the most likely outcome is still mid-lottery (7-9) and pick to C's next year barring lottery magic again. Bottom 3 or borderline playoff would be extremely surprising.

« Reply #47 on: July 03, 2019, 05:05:42 PM »

Offline goCeltics

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 68
Think the real mistake of the offseason was not trying to sign looney to a cap space deal. It would have probably cost them a protected pick in order to be able to trade enough salary (Mook, Yabu and Semi or Al or Kyrie) in order not to utilise cap space in the Kemba deal. I estimate by doing so they could have offered looney a deal starting at around 9-10 million dollars.

Looney has impressive stats the problem is determining how much of it was due to him being on a very talented team.   

« Reply #48 on: July 03, 2019, 05:48:09 PM »

Offline CroCorvus

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 41
The price for Jaren Jackson Jr. or KAT would be too high b/c I think Mem or Min does not want to trade them, but I can't stop to wonder would the Bulls be willing to trade WCJ? Would Jaylen and Memphis pick be enough? I would be estatic if somehow we could get him. Imagine Kemba, Smart, Tatum, Hayward and Wendell Carter Jr. Wow.....

« Reply #49 on: July 03, 2019, 05:58:19 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
I think Grant Williams will be a key member

if not flash stats,  that "glue guy" every team could use

Robert Williams is ways away still. Especially needing to add 15-20 pounds of mass.

Lets see if we found a golden nugget in Poirier

« Reply #50 on: July 03, 2019, 05:58:45 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 550
All this worrying about the MEM pick is a little silly right now. Teams dont typically trade their best player and immediately get better. Rookie PGs dont usually nake a huge impact. I would guess the puck rolls over. But if it doesnt it's too earlier to worry about whether there are bugs in the 7-11 range of the draft. Rankings change alot in a year. Zion was mocked at 5 this time last year.

« Reply #51 on: July 04, 2019, 05:10:33 AM »

Offline Stig

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 26
All this worrying about the MEM pick is a little silly right now. Teams dont typically trade their best player and immediately get better. Rookie PGs dont usually nake a huge impact. I would guess the puck rolls over. But if it doesnt it's too earlier to worry about whether there are bugs in the 7-11 range of the draft. Rankings change alot in a year. Zion was mocked at 5 this time last year.

MEM will tank this year to try to keep the pick in top 6, next year their J&J will be more experienced, they are following the king's footstep

« Reply #52 on: July 04, 2019, 05:43:01 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
It should be clear to you by now that Ainge and CBS do not prioritize Bigs.  This was readily apparent to me following the draft.