Author Topic: Boogie Cousins  (Read 17086 times)

Re: Report: Cousins to meet with Celtics and Heat
« Reply #45 on: July 02, 2019, 07:04:51 AM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
So let me get this straight.

People give hayward the benefit of the doubt 2 years after his injury.

But cousins is washed up garbage after only 1 year. Tearing his quad...you know that eas bothering him leading up to the tear as well.

If this team can add cousins at even only 60% then he is the best big on the team

Agreed. His effect on the locker room is a legitimate concern, but his play isn't. Getting him with what little money we have available would be incredible
I'm bitter.

« Reply #46 on: July 02, 2019, 07:09:15 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
The Celtics only have the vet min to offer cousins right now. It is foolish to think we can do better at the veteran minimum.

If signing cousins means that we would have to pay a team with cap space to take Yabu then sign cousins I would be less excited.

I'm not sure Golden State would be interested in a sign and trade since they are right up against the hard cap.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #47 on: July 02, 2019, 07:11:08 AM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
If we got Cousins to go along with Kanter our rebounding should be better than it has been, and that could go a long way if we play a 3 wing lineup a lot.   

Our defense might be a little shoddy, but could see a lot of exciting 125 to 120 games. Lol Seriously though it would help match up with some of the bigger teams Raptors, Pacers, 76rs, ect.  Against those teams both of them would help a ton.  Maybe against smaller faster teams you wouldn’t play them as much.

« Reply #48 on: July 02, 2019, 07:22:01 AM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
I'd want Cousins for one thing, and thats to get into Embiid's head during the playoffs. Just talking smack and a couple hard fouls.

People are talking about the Warriors locker room, but how much was that Green, he seemed to instigate some of this stuff with KD.

Right now I think Cousins is a low risk hi reward type move. We don't have much to pick from, and this could have been one of the "s&t's/trades thats been reported.

« Reply #49 on: July 02, 2019, 07:31:04 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25626
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Boogie for the minimum would be a no-risk proposition.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #50 on: July 02, 2019, 07:34:44 AM »

Offline __ramonezy__

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 62
You guys are CRAZY if you don't want Cousins on this team!!!

When healthy he's one of the most talented bigs in the game... top 3 easy. Don't follow the perception of him being a cancer either, I challenge you to find one article about him being a bad teammate... on the contrary, teammates love him.

Last season, he simply came back too early from his injury and his mobility and conditioning were still not up to par. But he was averaging 25p 12r and 5a in 2017 for Pels beside AD which is a high usage player. Remember it was after Cousins was traded that AD actually started lobbying for a trade.

DMC is a beast and single-handedly can demolish defenses.

« Reply #51 on: July 02, 2019, 07:35:47 AM »

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 307
Don’t want him anywhere near our locker room.

« Reply #52 on: July 02, 2019, 07:44:59 AM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2535
Don’t want him anywhere near our locker room.

Not that I don't think there is any validity to this, but I do wonder how much of this is real and how much is fan perception.  Especially now as he's getting older and has dealt with (come back from) a career-altering injury.

I definitely think it's worth it for Danny and Brad to dip their toes and assess this guy for themselves.  If he comes with low financial risk and they are convinced he can be a positive teammate, then it's reasonable to me that they would consider signing him.

« Reply #53 on: July 02, 2019, 07:47:46 AM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 367
i guess situations like Boogie (and IT4) are why you cant really fault big al for taking 27million a year.

Both were in contract years poised to make max money when they got injured. Now both are looking at minimum contracts...

« Reply #54 on: July 02, 2019, 07:48:21 AM »

Offline Erik

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • The voice of reason
Just remember, this is the same injury that people lined up to give KD a max for. And he has no market. Cousins was elite, too.

« Reply #55 on: July 02, 2019, 07:53:16 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 415
Get Cousins...who else out there? He better than Baynes, Thesis, Williams or who ever we had at center last season
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #56 on: July 02, 2019, 07:59:43 AM »

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 489
He is a decent shooter for his size, and his vision and passing skills are elite. Add in the rebounding and post work and what's the worst that could happen? Basically if he wants to come here, you let him. He was a good locker room presence last year so maybe all of that is behind him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AOVYSZZCE4&t=361s Those were his highlights with the Warriors last year. Just watch the passing. Granted every pass was to an elite player.
#JKJB

« Reply #57 on: July 02, 2019, 08:05:14 AM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
Lots of red flags but you take him with the understanding that he is coming off the bench.  Kanter chose to sign here and he’s been looking for a starting role for awhile.  We don’t need to upend that potential relationship on the second day.  I wanted boogie last two years so we’ll see.

« Reply #58 on: July 02, 2019, 08:10:40 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1769
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Yabu (and his salary) may actually pay dividends after all. Being able to use him in a trade to bring in Cousins would seem to be a great move.

I used to hate Cousins' personality - he was always such a baby on the court and I felt like he hustled only when he was engaged. But, after suffering such a debilitating injury, I believe there is a chance he has matured. He obviously wasn't himself in GSW, but he fit in well alongside their stars - looking to pass, scoring in the flow of the offense, and definitely did not seem like a locker room distraction.

There are reason to be cautious with bring in Cousins, but if we end up with him and Kanter for like $10-12M this year, our team will have a much higher ceiling than just a couple of days ago.

« Reply #59 on: July 02, 2019, 08:11:35 AM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
So let me get this straight.

People give hayward the benefit of the doubt 2 years after his injury.

But cousins is washed up garbage after only 1 year. Tearing his quad...you know that eas bothering him leading up to the tear as well.

If this team can add cousins at even only 60% then he is the best big on the team

All of a sudden, its 2 years? ****. Its not even a year since his last surgery.

Better stick to creating Hayward trades.