Author Topic: Tribute video for kyrie?  (Read 4752 times)

Re: Tribute video for kyrie?
« Reply #75 on: July 02, 2019, 01:09:28 PM »

Offline obnoxiousmime

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 258
Show a video of Kyrie talking about getting his jersey retired in Boston, followed by each Celtics player raising their retired jersey, then que to Kyrie and Durant talking in the hallway, where it was assumed they were discussing about teaming up. Finally, end the video of Kevin Garnett screaming.

Having said that, I still wish Kyrie was in Boston. He was a straight baller.

What I don’t understand is all the hate for Kyrie, but Al seemingly getting brushed aside like he didn’t exist. Al was fantastic during his time here, but abruptly left for arguably one of the Celtics biggest rivals in the East. We killed Ray Allen for doing this, but Al is getting a total pass. I’m personally more upset by Al leaving than Kyrie. As great as acquiring Kemba Walker was in free agency, I was left wanting more due to the departure of Horford, knowing everything he did for the team.

By all accounts, Horford did everything that was asked of him while he was here and was a great teammate. I never heard him complain about anything or anyone. Philadelphia offered more money, a realistic shot at a title, and a better basketball fit (he always wanted to play PF, not C like he often did here).

The Ray Allen situation differs in that we actually offered more money than Miami and a bigger role. Also, the rivalry between the Pierce teams and LeBron was much longer and fiercer than anything we've had with Philly recently. In fact, the last time we faced Philly in the playoffs we beat them. Ray Allen left after the Heat eliminated us, so obviously that would sting a lot more.

Don't get me wrong, it's disappointing. However, he's already 33 and he really needs to win a title soon. Ray Allen had already won a title at that time. I'm not saying a player wouldn't be just as determined to win a second one, but I do think if you don't have one at Horford's age it is understandable to be a little more desperate.

Re: Tribute video for kyrie?
« Reply #76 on: July 02, 2019, 01:29:13 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Show a video of Kyrie talking about getting his jersey retired in Boston, followed by each Celtics player raising their retired jersey, then que to Kyrie and Durant talking in the hallway, where it was assumed they were discussing about teaming up. Finally, end the video of Kevin Garnett screaming.

Having said that, I still wish Kyrie was in Boston. He was a straight baller.

What I don’t understand is all the hate for Kyrie, but Al seemingly getting brushed aside like he didn’t exist. Al was fantastic during his time here, but abruptly left for arguably one of the Celtics biggest rivals in the East. We killed Ray Allen for doing this, but Al is getting a total pass. I’m personally more upset by Al leaving than Kyrie. As great as acquiring Kemba Walker was in free agency, I was left wanting more due to the departure of Horford, knowing everything he did for the team.

By all accounts, Horford did everything that was asked of him while he was here and was a great teammate. I never heard him complain about anything or anyone. Philadelphia offered more money, a realistic shot at a title, and a better basketball fit (he always wanted to play PF, not C like he often did here).

The Ray Allen situation differs in that we actually offered more money than Miami and a bigger role. Also, the rivalry between the Pierce teams and LeBron was much longer and fiercer than anything we've had with Philly recently. In fact, the last time we faced Philly in the playoffs we beat them. Ray Allen left after the Heat eliminated us, so obviously that would sting a lot more.

Don't get me wrong, it's disappointing. However, he's already 33 and he really needs to win a title soon. Ray Allen had already won a title at that time. I'm not saying a player wouldn't be just as determined to win a second one, but I do think if you don't have one at Horford's age it is understandable to be a little more desperate.

So that's on Ainge and Stevens. Celtics could've easily re-signed him to play power forward with Kanter at center. Unless Ainge just didn't really want him back.