Author Topic: Will the Celtics again have too many mouths to feed?  (Read 4674 times)

Re: Will the Celtics again have too many mouths to feed?
« Reply #45 on: July 02, 2019, 11:53:15 AM »

Offline MichiganAdam

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 16
I think with the increase in rebounding we will add shots to our averages last year in 2 ways.  Running game, and put backs.  I think at least half of Kanter's shots come from his put backs from rebounding.  That frees up some of Horford's shots.  I think Kemba will be less ISO heavy than KI, so I think that will not be an issue.  We have a smaller lineup, but we are also younger.  I think we have to crash the boards and run!.  We have to outscore their wings and guards through better D and running, because their bigs will outscore our bigs, really no matter who they are.

« Reply #46 on: July 02, 2019, 11:58:04 AM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88
It's not going to go well
You know Kemba must have the ball to run the offense, same for Smart and Gordo
Kemba needs shots, Tatum needs shots, Hayward needs shots
Smart won't be shy to take shots, so does Kanter

So what will Brown be thinking entering his contract year?
Will he accept being an 4th option behind Kemba , Tatum/Hayward
And let Kemba/Hayward/Smart has the ball most of the time?
And for the result he will be getting a lot less money because his number won't be good?
I just don't think so

Let's trade Brown for Sabonis or Picks

It can work if the team is willing to be coached.  Flaws will always stand out when a team has terrible chemistry.  Hopefully Tatum and Brown understand that they need to enter training camp with a sense of urgency.

The upside of this group falls on Hayward IMO.  He needs to recapture his scoring ability, as this will allow Brad to run the offense through him.
Do not forget we did just fine with Kyrie the first year whether he was on the court or on the bench

The next year our team looks disconnect from the preseason. way before Kyrie start to talk his talks

One problem we already know is Rozier, another guy i think is Brown

This guy choose to play with a injury and sucked a total half of a season when we have plenty of other choice

You really think he is willing to accept his role and get much less money this year?

« Reply #47 on: July 02, 2019, 12:07:08 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

And for the result he will be getting a lot less money because his number won't be good?
I just don't think so

It can work if the team is willing to be coached.  Flaws will always stand out when a team has terrible chemistry.  Hopefully Tatum and Brown understand that they need to enter training camp with a sense of urgency.

The upside of this group falls on Hayward IMO.  He needs to recapture his scoring ability, as this will allow Brad to run the offense through him.
Do not forget we did just fine with Kyrie the first year whether he was on the court or on the bench

The next year our team looks disconnect from the preseason. way before Kyrie start to talk his talks

You really think he is willing to accept his role and get much less money this year?
What are you talking about? Brown already accepted numerous roles last season - it's like you're working off of what happened ages ago and ignoring all the good work Brown did in the meantime. You're also forgetting another black hole is gone in Morris.

You're writing about issues that simply don't exist. Marcus Smart has never taken more than 10FGA over a season. Kanter hovers between 10 and 11, with I think 25% of those coming from put-backs last season.

With Morris, Rozier, Kyrie, Al and Baynes gone we have almost 53 shots to distribute between our new guys and our current guys who need more shots (specifically Hayward, Tatum and Brown). That's plenty
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #48 on: July 02, 2019, 12:10:45 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

I just don't think so

What are you talking about? Brown already accepted numerous roles last season - it's like you're working off of what happened ages ago and ignoring all the good work Brown did in the meantime. You're also forgetting another black hole is gone in Morris.

You're writing about issues that simply don't exist. Marcus Smart has never taken more than 10FGA over a season. Kanter hovers between 10 and 11, with I think 25% of those coming from put-backs last season.

With Morris, Rozier, Kyrie, Al and Baynes gone we have almost 53 shots to distribute between our new guys and our current guys who need more shots (specifically Hayward, Tatum and Brown). That's plenty
He has had an opinion that Brown is terrible for a long time, gouki. He is no fan of Brown and has been massively critical of him for a very long time.

« Reply #49 on: July 02, 2019, 12:15:58 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
Horford was our best team offensive player last year. He was fantastic with his high post passing ability, outside shooting, midrange, playmaking out of the post and off PnR actions. He did a terrific job of sharing the ball with his teammates, giving them opportunities with the ball in positions where they can succeed.

Horford is a big loss to our team offense. We don't have a big man who can facilitate the offense anymore. So instead of the playmaking coming from inside the defense now it will be from the outside. From the ball-handler who has 4-5 defenders in between him and the basket. The starting point from our offense is going to be more perimeter orientated next year.

More dribble drive action. Kemba Walker is superb at this. Hayward is good. Jaylen and Tatum are both below average and need to improve.

« Reply #50 on: July 02, 2019, 12:21:29 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

I just don't think so

He has had an opinion that Brown is terrible for a long time, gouki. He is no fan of Brown and has been massively critical of him for a very long time.
Definitely getting that vibe. I don't get how, considering the strides Brown took over the last two thirds of last season, but whatever. Hopefully Brown can make him eat his words with some big improvement
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #51 on: July 02, 2019, 07:06:32 PM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney

I just don't think so

He did accept his role-unwillingly
It's not like he volunteered to do so or said he like it, actually it's the absolute opposite

Don't exist, or just you are not willing to face it?
Smart and Kanter will be taking away near 10FGA each, and Brown will be behind Kemba/Tatum/Hayward most of the time, will he be happy about it?

« Reply #52 on: July 02, 2019, 07:09:15 PM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney

I just don't think so

That is right, i'm no fan of Brown, not for his game but for his attitude, i think he will(or has been) a chemistry problem for our team

« Reply #53 on: July 02, 2019, 07:29:41 PM »

Offline Fierce1

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 121
According to Bulpett, Celts not done dealing.

With the drafting of Carsen Edwards and Tremont Waters, I doubt Wanamaker would return to the Celts if he knows he will just be sitting on the bench again.

Celts have Kemba, Smart, Brown, Hayward, and maybe Carsen as guards.
So why would Wanamaker come back if the Celts already have a lot of guards?

« Reply #54 on: July 02, 2019, 07:40:32 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834

With the drafting of Carsen Edwards and Tremont Waters, I doubt Wanamaker would return to the Celts if he knows he will just be sitting on the bench again.

Did Bulpet say this AFTER Wanamaker signing? I can’t tell due to Hearld firewall. No more freebies. 😥

« Reply #55 on: July 02, 2019, 07:41:33 PM »

Offline Fierce1

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 121

Did Bulpet say this AFTER Wanamaker signing? I can’t tell due to Hearld firewall. No more freebies. 😥

Bulpett said it BEFORE the Wanamaker signing.

« Reply #56 on: July 02, 2019, 07:46:15 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834

Bulpett said it BEFORE the Wanamaker signing.

So now they’re done ?!?!

« Reply #57 on: July 02, 2019, 07:54:08 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 550

I just don't think so

It's not like he volunteered to do so or said he like it, actually it's the absolute opposite

Smart and Kanter will be taking away near 10FGA each, and Brown will be behind Kemba/Tatum/Hayward most of the time, will he be happy about it?

Is this a joke?
https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/celtics/jaylen-brown-willing-accept-bench-role-celtics

« Reply #58 on: July 02, 2019, 08:03:04 PM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney

I just don't think so

Is this a joke?
https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/celtics/jaylen-brown-willing-accept-bench-role-celtics
You never enter the workplace? Of course he won't say straight that he isn't happy lol

What he did say 
https://weei.radio.com/blogs/alex-reimer/jaylen-brown-says-demotion-bench-hardest-thing-hes-ever-dealt-career

« Last Edit: July 02, 2019, 08:10:15 PM by playdream »