Author Topic: Nerlens Noel is STILL available as of 2pm on 7/1/19  (Read 3043 times)

Re: Nerlens Noel is STILL available as of 2pm on 7/1/19
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2019, 04:18:10 PM »

Offline Green-18

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130
We have Williams. We don't need Noel.

To be fair, Noel is a better overall athlete than Robert Williams.  He has better lateral quickness and can switch 1-5.  Noel's issues boil down to work ethic and attitude.  He should be one of the two or three best defensive Center in the entire league.  It's still not too late for him to figure it out.

How is Noel a better overall athlete than Robert Williams?

Williams has the higher vertical, while Noel has more lateral quickness and speed.  Noel can run the floor like a guard.  They are both excellent athletes.  I just believe that Noel has slightly more defensive potential, especially in the modern NBA. 

To be fair, I haven't followed him much over the past few years.  Maybe he's lost some of the agility that he displayed in college. 

« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2019, 04:56:21 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3176

To be fair, Noel is a better overall athlete than Robert Williams.  He has better lateral quickness and can switch 1-5.  Noel's issues boil down to work ethic and attitude.  He should be one of the two or three best defensive Center in the entire league.  It's still not too late for him to figure it out.

Williams has the higher vertical, while Noel has more lateral quickness and speed.  Noel can run the floor like a guard.  They are both excellent athletes.  I just believe that Noel has slightly more defensive potential, especially in the modern NBA. 

To be fair, I haven't followed him much over the past few years.  Maybe he's lost some of the agility that he displayed in college.

Robert Williams is a top flight athlete. He's as athletic as any big in the league. He's reps and  experience as well as a better understanding of team defense but he's a top tier athlete.

« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2019, 05:02:09 PM »

Offline MattyIce

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 743
i think he's signed again with okc

« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2019, 05:02:46 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
Looks like Noel is back to re-signing with OKC.

Adrian Wojnarowski
Verified account
@wojespn
 23m23 minutes ago
More Adrian Wojnarowski Retweeted Adrian Wojnarowski
Nerlens Noel is agreed on a deal with OKC -- again, league source tells ESPN.

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1145793904551313412
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2019, 05:06:32 PM »

Offline Jiri Welsch

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 349

« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2019, 06:07:42 PM »

Offline Green-18

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130

Robert Williams is a top flight athlete. He's as athletic as any big in the league. He's reps and  experience as well as a better understanding of team defense but he's a top tier athlete.

I suppose we're splitting hairs at this point.  My main point is that Noels' lateral quickness and agility make him a more a versatile defensive threat, whereas Robert Williams projects to be more of a prototypical rim protector.  Noel was billed as a KG and Anthony Davis type of defender coming out of College.  Williams falls more in line with Capela and DeAndre Jordan, although he's a better athlete than both of those two.

Either way, Noel and Williams are both excellent athletes at the Center spot.

« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2019, 06:12:58 PM »

Offline Pvictor11

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 62

One of my favorite songs ever. Great bass intro by Deacon
Brazilian Celtic Fan!

« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2019, 10:42:12 AM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
So this is interesting.....

https://www.koco.com/article/report-nerlens-noel-reaches-deal-to-stay-with-thunder/28236278

Any chance we go after him?

(UPDATE - JUST SIGNED KANTER.  PROBABLY NOT)

One big clearly not enough. Other teams are stacking bigs.

The major problem is cap room and getting exceptions.

« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2019, 10:43:33 AM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
still no thank you...