Author Topic: Celtics Roster Rotation (7/1)  (Read 18269 times)

Re: Celtics Roster Rotation (7/1)
« Reply #30 on: July 01, 2019, 11:45:37 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
PG -  Kemba (starter) - 32-38 mpg ... Smart (backup) - 10-15 mpg ... Edwards (depth) - 5-10 mpg

SG - Brown (starter?) - 28-30 mpg ... Smart (backup) - 10-15 mpg ... Langford (reserve) - 10-20 mpg

SF - Tatum (starter) - 32-34 mpg ... Hayward (starter?) - 10-14 mpg ... Semi (depth) - 10-15 mpg

PF - Hayward (starter?) - 20-28 mpg ... Grant W. (reserve) - 15-20 mpg ... Semi (depth) - 5-10 mpg

C - ???? (starter) - 20-28 mpg ... Theis ??? (reserve) - 10-20 mpg ... Timelord (reserve) - 10-20 mpg

Right now, really feels like this roster situation is going to put a lot of pressure on Semi, Grant Williams, and Timelord to be ready to contribute on both ends.
You値l have to excuse my lengthiness葉he reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #31 on: July 01, 2019, 11:48:09 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
Yabu making over 3 mil a season...SMH....could really use that money for an actual player that contributes and isn't kept around for bench celebrations

He's gotta be the biggest waste of a 1st round pick I can remember.  At least James Young had theoretical upside when drafted.

Theis is 6-10 with is good height but his skillset as somone who can stop/slow the Joel Embiids of the world is suspect. He doesn't have the lateral quickness and speed to do so

It is lack of strength and body type that holds him back, I think he is plenty quick enough to got stay laterally with Embiid, it's just that he can't hold his ground.

He is more of a PF before the league went SFs at PF.

This is a good point.  Theis is in a tough spot in the modern NBA because he's a pure big man without the size to check the pure athletic rim runners that many teams employ as their only pure big on the floor in a 4 out scheme.

I think the Celts are just gonna be boned against teams that have large centers who can score.  Robert Williams will do his best but will probably foul out right quick if he's tasked with defending any high usage player for more than a few minutes at a time.
You値l have to excuse my lengthiness葉he reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #32 on: July 01, 2019, 11:55:07 AM »

Offline heyvik

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 75
Yabu making over 3 mil a season...SMH....could really use that money for an actual player that contributes and isn't kept around for bench celebrations

He's gotta be the biggest waste of a 1st round pick I can remember.  At least James Young had theoretical upside when drafted.

Theis is 6-10 with is good height but his skillset as somone who can stop/slow the Joel Embiids of the world is suspect. He doesn't have the lateral quickness and speed to do so

It is lack of strength and body type that holds him back, I think he is plenty quick enough to got stay laterally with Embiid, it's just that he can't hold his ground.

He is more of a PF before the league went SFs at PF.

This is a good point.  Theis is in a tough spot in the modern NBA because he's a pure big man without the size to check the pure athletic rim runners that many teams employ as their only pure big on the floor in a 4 out scheme.

I think the Celts are just gonna be boned against teams that have large centers who can score.  Robert Williams will do his best but will probably foul out right quick if he's tasked with defending any high usage player for more than a few minutes at a time.

Exactly...I can see DeAndre Jordan, Embiid, and practically everyone else exposing us in the paint. .....

« Reply #33 on: July 01, 2019, 12:02:13 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Ainge is likely going to make a trade and sign at least one and probably a couple FAs. A "rotation" discussion at this point is no more meaningful than lent left in the dryer.
Agreed, the discussion at this point is not that useful.

BTW, dryer lint is a perfect fire-starter.

« Reply #34 on: July 01, 2019, 12:07:05 PM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199

I remember the summer he came over, people were screaming that he had to come over that summer. I couldn't understand why we'd bring him across when he was so obviously unready. Pretty sure there were cap implications that messed with us too.. think we may have ended up in the luxury tax because of it

« Reply #35 on: July 01, 2019, 12:13:09 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 659
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Yabu
James Young
Fab Melo

The Holy Trinity of recent terrible first round picks

« Reply #36 on: July 01, 2019, 12:19:51 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
Starters
Kemba, Brown, Tatum, Hayward, Room MLE Signing

Bench Rotation
Smart, Edwards, Semi, Theis, Timelord,  Grant Williams

Plays due to injury
Romeo, Yabu, vet min big man

I would not be surprised if we resign Theis to a big contract so it's easier to match salaries in a future trade. Yabu will be useful for salary matching in a future trade.

I'm still holding out hope that the C's can convince Philly or Brooklyn to do a sign and trade with us so we can stay above the cap. That would create a TPE that they could use to get the quality big this team needs. I think it's exceedingly unlikely but I'm keeping hope alive. There was rumor of OKC needing to cut salary and that has not happened yet so until it does and until the sign and trades are dead I'm still hoping for Steven Adams.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #37 on: July 01, 2019, 12:23:59 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
Ainge is likely going to make a trade and sign at least one and probably a couple FAs. A "rotation" discussion at this point is no more meaningful than lent left in the dryer.
Agreed, the discussion at this point is not that useful.

BTW, dryer lint is a perfect fire-starter.

I don't think there are going to be any major additions beyond signing a big man with the room exception to be the likely starting C.  Though anybody who is going to be available for the RME is probably only going to be a 20-24 mpg type of guy, ideally.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #38 on: July 01, 2019, 12:24:07 PM »

Offline heyvik

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 75
Unless Boogie is walking thru that door our exit will be the first round of the playoffs.

I think we will have to find some sort of stopgap above average LEGIT C with limited injury history for the next 2-3 years. Someone with limited upside and young.
We might just have to trade that unprotected Memphis pick AND Smart/Brown to get back someone of quality.

if not our 2019-2020 ceiling is a first round exit.

« Reply #39 on: July 01, 2019, 12:24:44 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 659
  • MASTER OF PANIC
I keep seeing that Romeo will be bound to the bench and not play by a lot of posters. That is interesting. Feel like he will get some time as long as he is healthy.

« Reply #40 on: July 01, 2019, 12:25:43 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Yabu
James Young
Fab Melo

The Holy Trinity of recent terrible first round picks

JJJ ....says. " Hey " !    ;)

« Reply #41 on: July 01, 2019, 12:28:09 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Unless Boogie is walking thru that door our exit will be the first round of the playoffs.

I think we will have to find some sort of stopgap above average LEGIT C with limited injury history for the next 2-3 years. Someone with limited upside and young.
We might just have to trade that unprotected Memphis pick AND Smart/Brown to get back someone of quality.

TP.....our ceiling will have a lot to do with the centers DA signs .  i know he loved dumping our centers so he could hire more guards  ::)

« Reply #42 on: July 01, 2019, 12:29:38 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
I keep seeing that Romeo will be bound to the bench and not play by a lot of posters. That is interesting. Feel like he will get some time as long as he is healthy.

Yeah I would be very surprised if Danny drafted a guy #14 only to have that guy spend the year in Maine.

The Celts did just sign Kemba but they're still going to be a mostly young team with a focus primarily on developing youth.

I expect Romeo to play 15-20 mpg splitting time between the perimeter positions.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #43 on: July 01, 2019, 12:40:31 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

Yeah I would be very surprised if Danny drafted a guy #14 only to have that guy spend the year in Maine.

The Celts did just sign Kemba but they're still going to be a mostly young team with a focus primarily on developing youth.

I expect Romeo to play 15-20 mpg splitting time between the perimeter positions.

Romeo is still young and has ways to go. Especially 3 pt shooting. Off ball basketball at both ends

I wouldnt be surprised if he spends 1st half of the season down at Maine

« Reply #44 on: July 01, 2019, 12:48:53 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450

TP.....our ceiling will have a lot to do with the centers DA signs .  i know he loved dumping our centers so he could hire more guards  ::)

Time for Danny to quit hoarding those assets and make a move.
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird