Author Topic: Celtics Roster Rotation (7/1)  (Read 18272 times)

Re: Celtics Roster Rotation (7/1)
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2019, 10:21:38 AM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 144
There is a better chance hayward comes off bench as the do all with the young unproven bench players.

Kemba
Smart
Brown
Tatum
Williams

Edwards
Langford
Hayward
Yabusele
Williams

Right now thats starters and bench.

But we will gave a starting center soon putting grant williams to bench pf and rwilliams to bemch center

« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2019, 10:23:28 AM »

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 307
Ainge is likely going to make a trade and sign at least one and probably a couple FAs. A "rotation" discussion at this point is no more meaningful than lent left in the dryer.

« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2019, 10:24:02 AM »

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 307
There is a better chance hayward comes off bench as the do all with the young unproven bench players.

Kemba
Smart
Brown
Tatum
Williams

Edwards
Langford
Hayward
Yabusele
Williams

But we will gave a starting center soon putting grant williams to bench pf and rwilliams to bemch center
Hayward isn't coming off the bench.

« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2019, 10:26:26 AM »

Offline MichiganAdam

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 16
With the current roster theis would start unfortunately.

« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2019, 10:28:52 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2405
C - Grant Williams
F - Hayward
F - Tatum
F - Jaylen
G - Kemba

That is my starting lineup. I like Grant Williams over Robert Williams because he is a smart & skilled player. Robert Williams could move ahead of him if he is ready but he was so far from ready last year that I do not expect that to happen.

G - Edwards
G - Smart

I love our backup backcourt. I see Edwards getting good minutes all year long. Smart and Edwards as interchangeable on offense in terms of primary guard and off guard. Smart will get a lot of minutes as the 6th man so Jaylen will get some of his as SF alongside Smart.

F - Yabusele, Langford
C - Robert Williams, Daniel Theis

Hopefully, Robert Williams is ready to move ahead of Theis in the rotation. I cannot say how much I dislike using two roster spots on these players. They should have been duking it out for that 3rd string center role with two reliable contributors being brought in ahead of them. Robert Williams was too raw last year to depend on for regular minutes. He should have been 3rd string while hoping he can step up and do more. Theis is not good enough to be in the main rotation. He is a 3rd stringer.

Yabusele and Langford will get spot minutes off the bench. Neither guy is ready for main rotation minutes. Both are accident prone on defense and inconsistent on offense.

Looking at our bench overall, I'd say we have a very strong backcourt and the worst frontcourt (SF-PF-C) in the league.

« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2019, 10:33:24 AM »

Offline Cousy14

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 2
STARTERS
5 Big that Danny hasn't gotten yet
4 Gordon Hayward
3 Jayson Tatum
2 Jaylen Brown
1 Kemba Walker

« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2019, 10:50:53 AM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 659
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Hayward and Brown are both starting. Would rather Grant Williams start over robert at this time.

I think Romeo is going to play more than people think. Once he gets his finger healed he will show what made him so good out of high school. I do not see Yabu as a rotation player...

Great wins and backcourt

NBA worse front court

Marginal bench hinged on very young players.

« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2019, 10:54:24 AM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199
Ryan Bernardoni has put together the below on RosterBuilder. Fairly solid. Using the Room Exception on a big and signing a guard to the vet min are the moves left in my eyes.

This would also sign Carson Edwards to a 4 year partially guaranteed contract which would be nice.

« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2019, 11:09:17 AM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 659
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Yabu making over 3 mil a season...SMH....could really use that money for an actual player that contributes and isn't kept around for bench celebrations

« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2019, 11:09:49 AM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 144

Kemba
Smart
Brown
Tatum
Williams

Edwards
Langford
Hayward
Yabusele
Williams

Hayward isn't coming off the bench.

Wow. Fantastic counter point.
I never looked at it that way before
How could I have been so blind

I mean he did perform best off the bench last season.
Smart performed the best he ever has beside a pg very much like kemba
And brown and tatum are the future and both better compliments to kembas ball controll
And hayward is a better compliment to youth where he can control the ball and set people up and be the 6th man.

But your counter point was incredible.

« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2019, 11:11:47 AM »

Online wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Starting

Kemba
Brown
Tatum
Semi
R. Williams

(expect one of the big men listed replace by a MLE FA)

Finishing
Kemba
Smart
Brown
Tatum
Haward

Yeah, the team really needs a big man that has both skill and know-how to use it. 

I think both Theis and G. Williams to get a chance to crack the starting lineup. 

« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2019, 11:15:26 AM »

Online CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 873
  • GOT IT!!!
Yabu making over 3 mil a season...SMH....could really use that money for an actual player that contributes and isn't kept around for bench celebrations

Could have been potential salary filler in a big trade but will be tying up much needed cap space instead.

« Reply #27 on: July 01, 2019, 11:18:30 AM »

Offline heyvik

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 75

Kemba
Smart
Brown
Tatum
Theis

Williams
Edwards
Langford
Hayward
Yabusele
Williams

I really hate to say this but we have a good 1-3 players, with the ceiling of being great, night in and night out. The glaring weakness is in the BIG 4-5 category. Starting with Theis - he's our biggest BIG. LENGTH DOES MATTER. Theis is 6-10 with is good height but his skillset as somone who can stop/slow the Joel Embiids of the world is suspect. He doesn't have the lateral quickness and speed to do so. AND he's our STARTING Big. Even if we were to bring back Morris, he'd be an upgrade OVER Theis, in skillset, but not in length.

Theis is an ideal BACKUP 5 but we need a MUCH better 5. I don't have much confidence in RWilliams carrying a starting load as a 4. He'd be a GOOD back up 4, but once again, you need length.

« Reply #28 on: July 01, 2019, 11:23:54 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Theis is 6-10 with is good height but his skillset as somone who can stop/slow the Joel Embiids of the world is suspect. He doesn't have the lateral quickness and speed to do so

It is lack of strength and body type that holds him back, I think he is plenty quick enough to got stay laterally with Embiid, it's just that he can't hold his ground.

« Reply #29 on: July 01, 2019, 11:24:56 AM »

Online wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Theis is 6-10 with is good height but his skillset as somone who can stop/slow the Joel Embiids of the world is suspect. He doesn't have the lateral quickness and speed to do so

It is lack of strength and body type that holds him back, I think he is plenty quick enough to got stay laterally with Embiid, it's just that he can't hold his ground.

He is more of a PF before the league went SFs at PF.