Author Topic: stopgap bigs?  (Read 12469 times)

Re: stopgap bigs?
« Reply #30 on: June 29, 2019, 02:56:00 PM »

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 628
  • Mark Blount often got smoked
How about bring back Zizic ? He’s been steadily improving since we traded him for you know who ...

Cleveland will find themselves in luxury tax once they sign their draft picks and don’t stretch the salaries of players they don’t need.

We can probably get Ante for a second rounder.  Once we sign Kemba he fits right into the remaining cap space ...

Not a bad idea but I'd rather make a trade for a young starter or attach your 2nd rounder to Yabu to salary dump him and have more space to try for a guy better than Zizic, if that's even possible with our cap situation.
2023 Non-Active / Non-NBA75 Fantasy Draft, ChiBulls:

PG: Deron Williams 07-08 / M.R. Richardson 80-81 / J. Wall 16-17
SG: David Thompson 77-78 / Hersey Hawkins 96-97
SF: Tracy McGrady 02-03 / Tayshaun Prince 06-07
PF: Larry Nance Sr 91-92 / Blake Griffin 13-14
C: Bob Lanier 76-77 / Brad Daugherty 92-93 / M. Camby 06-07

« Reply #31 on: June 29, 2019, 02:58:48 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 413
Noel is from Boston area if im not mistaken..
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #32 on: June 29, 2019, 03:10:30 PM »

Offline NKY fan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 106
How about bring back Zizic ? He’s been steadily improving since we traded him for you know who ...

Cleveland will find themselves in luxury tax once they sign their draft picks and don’t stretch the salaries of players they don’t need.

We can probably get Ante for a second rounder.  Once we sign Kemba he fits right into the remaining cap space ...

Not a bad idea but I'd rather make a trade for a young starter or attach your 2nd rounder to Yabu to salary dump him and have more space to try for a guy better than Zizic, if that's even possible with our cap situation.
If we do that we will have $4.5M for a better player. So another Mini MLE type player... Given the centers that will be available I think they would either get more than $6-7M or will be vet min guys ... so I’m not sure it’s worth salary dumping yabu for that

« Reply #33 on: June 29, 2019, 06:12:48 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
Not a stop gap and not really a big.  But a big wing.  230 pounds.  My binkie.  Morris replacer.  On a team with too many people at his position already.  That team being Orlando.

Danny bring in CHUMA OKEKE!!! 

« Reply #34 on: June 29, 2019, 06:16:08 PM »

Offline tonydelk

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 467
Noah Vonleh
Dewayne Dedmon
Ed Davis
Nerlens Noel
Robin Lopez
Frank Kaminsky (RFA)
Kosta Koufos
Kevon Looney
Boban Marjanovic
Ivica Zubac (RFA)
Zaza Pachulia
Greg Monroe

Great list , TP,  I would add Thomas Bryant to it  RFA.

Vonleh, Kamisky, Dedmon and Robin Lopez would fit nicely in CBS system.  Personally, I would love to see Stevens evolve and learn how to play with conventional bigs.

Ed Davis always plays well against us, it seems. Noel would be ok if the price is right but I think that we will be prisoner to a CBS type of big men to some degree

Dream on. Wizards are going to re-sign him.

Wizards are going no where.  Possible sign and trade to Boston for Yabu and a 1st? 

« Reply #35 on: June 29, 2019, 06:16:47 PM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737
The same goes for Vonleh. For what it's worth, Vonleh is from Haverhill, MA and Noel is from Malden, MA.

Btw, I'm leaving this here. Frank the tank is hitting unrestricted free agency.

Quote from: Adrian Wojnarowski
‏Charlotte has declined to exercise qualifying offer on Frank Kaminsky, allowing him to become an unrestricted free agent, league source tells ESPN. There's significant interest in Kaminsky in the marketplace
« Last Edit: June 29, 2019, 06:25:37 PM by Jvalin »

« Reply #36 on: June 29, 2019, 06:21:54 PM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
I'd take Zaza! I like the way he punishes people! ;D

« Reply #37 on: June 29, 2019, 06:27:58 PM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
Well, this is the exact reason why I wouldn't take him. Don't like Zaza. He reminds me of Laimbeer. It's one thing to be aggressive. Zaza is trying to physically hurt people.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2019, 08:45:41 PM by Jvalin »

« Reply #38 on: June 29, 2019, 06:32:48 PM »

Offline Pvictor11

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 62
The same goes for Vonleh. For what it's worth, Vonleh is from Haverhill, MA and Noel is from Malden, MA.

‏Charlotte has declined to exercise qualifying offer on Frank Kaminsky, allowing him to become an unrestricted free agent, league source tells ESPN. There's significant interest in Kaminsky in the marketplace
I saw that too. Is he Worth anything?. I know he is Said to be a stretch 5, so probably would fit. But the fact that Charlotte didn't even bother to offer him a QO scares me a little bit. Is he worthless or MJ is Just a really bad talent evaluator?
Brazilian Celtic Fan!

« Reply #39 on: June 29, 2019, 06:33:55 PM »

Offline Celts Fan 508

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54
Sign me up for Kanter at the $4.9 million and Kosta Koufus for the minimum.  They offer different skills that would complement each other well.  Both could mentor Williams 3 as his role grows. 
2019 historical draft.  Pick 12

Tim Duncan, Oscar Robertson, Elgin Baylor, Scottie Pippen, Willis Reed, Mitch Richmond, Sam Jones, Dan Majerle, Bob Cousy, Rasheed Wallace, Shawn Kemp, Marcus Camby

« Reply #40 on: June 29, 2019, 06:36:29 PM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
What about Taj Gibson. Always liked his game and he always seemed to give the Cs fits. He’s more of a 4 than a big man.

« Reply #41 on: June 29, 2019, 06:42:38 PM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen

I saw that too. Is he Worth anything?. I know he is Said to be a stretch 5, so probably would fit. But the fact that Charlotte didn't even bother to offer him a QO scares me a little bit. Is he worthless or MJ is Just a really bad talent evaluator?
He's definitely not worthless. He's 7 feet tall and he can stretch the floor (36% from 3 point range in 3 attempts per game).

Don't think he's good enough to start, but I wouldn't mind him coming off the bench.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2019, 06:56:40 PM by Jvalin »

« Reply #42 on: June 29, 2019, 07:50:29 PM »

Offline Hank Finkel

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 41
Sign me up for Kanter at the $4.9 million and Kosta Koufus for the minimum.  They offer different skills that would complement each other well.  Both could mentor Williams 3 as his role grows.

I would go for any of these guys at this point.  We need someone to bang with the big men and do the dirty work so the stars can do their thing.

« Reply #43 on: June 29, 2019, 07:57:30 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833

He's definitely not worthless. He's 7 feet tall and he can stretch the floor (36% from 3 point range in 3 attempts per game).

Don't think he's good enough to start, but I wouldn't mind him coming off the bench.

He was worth more than 4 first round draft pick offer to Michael Jordan a few years ago.  Not anymore, apparently.

He strikes me as a bit of a goof ball. Probably could be adequate in the right system.  Seems that the $4.8 mm MLE is about what he is worth in the marketplace.

« Reply #44 on: June 29, 2019, 07:59:00 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Well, this is the exact reason why I wouldn't take him. Don't like Zaza. He reminds me of Laimbeer. It's one thing to be aggressive. Zaza is trying to hurt people.

Maybe sign him up short term when we play Lakers.

To cover Kawhi.