Author Topic: The all-purpose "feel good" / pep rally / "optimism only" thread  (Read 611176 times)

Re: The all-purpose "feel good" / pep rally thread
« Reply #135 on: February 17, 2010, 12:20:36 AM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
The Celtics bench played pretty well overall tonight.

Not mentioning the starters because this is the feel good thread!
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

Optimism Only
« Reply #136 on: March 11, 2010, 02:25:10 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
This is a thread dedicated to those of us who may get a bit overwhelmed by all the "Gloom and Doom" threads that abound when a team is struggling like the Celtics are at present, and just want a place where they can come for relief ... or a place where they can post their positive bent without fear of reproach or cries of "Insanity!" ... or a place where they can praise their beloved Celtics team, or cheer it on without limit, or post nauseatingly sweet pics or video clips, or discuss it's STRONG points, or even suggest CONSTRUCTIVE (dare I say the word?) criticism for ways of improving our Team In Green on it's way to the inevitable 18th Banner.

There are no limits as to what may be talked about or posted here, only that it fall within the posting rules of CB, that it concern our beloved Celtics, and that it unquestionably falls into that pessimists' nightmare of a viewpoint that we call "half-full". Now, it may seem like I'm being selfish, biased or exclusionary by doing this, but I actually had those "half-empties" in mind as well, because this thread will be clearly marked so as to help them avoid any nasty accidental positivity-poisonings. Us "blind optimists" will have a place to expound our limitless, (and obvious), madness and chronic case of the "Happies", and they will remain safely free of any cheerful contamination or supplemental sanguinity.

GO CELTICS!          GO CELTICS!          GO CELTICS!          GO CELTICS!          GO CELTICS!          GO CELTICS!          GO CELTICS!          GO CELTICS!          GO CELTICS!          GO CELTICS!

;D

(By the way, I just realized that the abbreviation for "Optimism Only", (oo), is Tagalog for "yes" - hmmmm .... )
« Last Edit: March 11, 2010, 02:31:41 AM by Bahku »
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

Re: Optimism Only
« Reply #137 on: March 11, 2010, 02:33:15 AM »

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1796
  • The Dude Abides
This is a thread dedicated to those of us who may get a bit overwhelmed by all the "Gloom and Doom" threads that abound when a team is struggling like the Celtics are at present, and just want a place where they can come for relief ... or a place where they can post their positive bent without fear of reproach or cries of "Insanity!" ... or a place where they can praise their beloved Celtics team, or cheer it on without limit, or post nauseatingly sweet pics or video clips, or discuss it's STRONG points, or even suggest CONSTRUCTIVE (dare I say the word?) criticism for ways of improving our Team In Green on it's way to the inevitable 18th Banner.

There are no limits as to what may be talked about or posted here, only that it fall within the posting rules of CB, that it concern our beloved Celtics, and that it unquestionably falls into that pessimists' nightmare of a viewpoint that we call "half-full". Now, it may seem like I'm being selfish, biased or exclusionary by doing this, but I actually had those "half-empties" in mind as well, because this thread will be clearly marked so as to help them avoid any nasty accidental positivity-poisonings. Us "blind optimists" will have a place to expound our limitless, (and obvious), madness and chronic case of the "Happies", and they will remain safely free of any cheerful contamination or supplemental sanguinity.

GO CELTICS!          GO CELTICS!          GO CELTICS!          GO CELTICS!          GO CELTICS!          GO CELTICS!          GO CELTICS!          GO CELTICS!          GO CELTICS!          GO CELTICS!

;D

(By the way, I just realized that the abbreviation for "Optimism Only", (oo), is Tagalog for "yes" - hmmmm .... )

Thanks for this thread, Bahku. I think this blog needed it.
"An ounce of practice is worth more than tons of preaching." - M.K. Gandhi

« Reply #138 on: March 11, 2010, 02:39:14 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
TP! We need this.

« Reply #139 on: March 11, 2010, 02:47:19 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #140 on: March 11, 2010, 02:53:37 AM »

Offline Witch-King

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 143
  • "Just do what you do best" - Red Auerbach

lol, in all seriousness though I'd rather the NBA be locked out than 'Witness' another Laker 3-peat

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSmD5oAhTmo
« Last Edit: March 11, 2010, 03:05:46 AM by Witch-King »
~W. King of Angmar/Dark Lord Sauron, "Sore-on", "Score-on", "Slore-on"/"W. King", "D. Lord" (Wins, Defense)/"W-itch King" (haha), All I do is win, and Cincy - TayoFromOhio 😄

« Reply #141 on: March 11, 2010, 02:57:35 AM »

Offline jdpapa3

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 85
I still think this team has it in em to win it all. I just watched a guy that is the same age as Pierce take over a game after I assumed he'd never be the same player anymore after injuries. That is Ginobili. Right now we are seeing a Pierce that is not looking right and hasn't gone in Finals Game 5 mode in a while. Finals Game 5 mode to me is when he he can put his head down and take it to the rim and finish and/or get fouls at will. I can't remember a game where he has gotten multiple and-1 plays since Christmas. He still has it in him, though, and is probably close to pulling everything together.

Maybe a rotation change or our offensive philosophy needs to change because the talent on this roster should not be held to 12-13 pt quarters and it happens in every game now.

And we still have the best D in the league. And I see room for improvement there, still so that's a great sign.

« Reply #142 on: March 11, 2010, 02:59:54 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu

lol, in all seriousness though I'd rather the NBA be locked out than witness another Laker 3-peat

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSmD5oAhTmo

Awesome clip, Witch-King  ... just awesome. I'll never forget that night, man. (TP)

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #143 on: March 11, 2010, 03:10:26 AM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
No matter what happens, we'll always have each other  :D
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #144 on: March 11, 2010, 03:16:24 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
I still think this team has it in em to win it all. I just watched a guy that is the same age as Pierce take over a game after I assumed he'd never be the same player anymore after injuries. That is Ginobili. Right now we are seeing a Pierce that is not looking right and hasn't gone in Finals Game 5 mode in a while. Finals Game 5 mode to me is when he he can put his head down and take it to the rim and finish and/or get fouls at will. I can't remember a game where he has gotten multiple and-1 plays since Christmas. He still has it in him, though, and is probably close to pulling everything together.

Maybe a rotation change or our offensive philosophy needs to change because the talent on this roster should not be held to 12-13 pt quarters and it happens in every game now.

And we still have the best D in the league. And I see room for improvement there, still so that's a great sign.

I agree, JD. There's no doubt we're "out of sorts" right now after a game like tonight's, but I think people forget that our boys in green take losses much harder than any of us do, and that Celtic Pride is nothing they take lightly. Pierce is not 100%, and neither is KG or even Marquis from his injury ... we have also lost a key player and heartfelt member of this team recently, and added two new guys. I honestly can't imagine why people expect us to be playing perfectly right now ... why would we be?!? We are going through some transitions and trying to get two superstars back to good health. These are STILL the same core members we won the championship with, and they have the same heart, physicality, emotion, and determination to win that they've always had. There is no "quick-fix" in a situation like this, it takes a little time, but we're getting there. EVERY team will have horrible nights like tonight, but we're on the way up, it's just a slow steady climb. We've got to try to keep staying positive as fans as well ... how else can we expect our team to turn things around if we can't even continue supporting them? They got this city it's 17th banner two years ago by working and playing their butts off ... the very LEAST we can do is keep rooting for them when things are hard. GO CELTICS!

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #145 on: March 11, 2010, 03:21:15 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
No matter what happens, we'll always have each other  :D

Amen, Brotha! We may be a small club, but we're a tight one! ;)

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #146 on: March 11, 2010, 05:17:05 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #147 on: March 11, 2010, 05:25:35 AM »

Offline Drucci

• Global Moderator
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 439
I've always been optimistic about this team and in insight I still think the playoffs are a different animal but still, after these two losses and the blowout at home against Memphis, I'm not in the mood for high expectations. This team should play better as we near the playoffs, not take a step back.

Anyway, here is hoping that they "switch it on" in the playoffs, but my confidence is kind of shaken.

« Reply #148 on: March 11, 2010, 09:03:59 AM »

Offline kenmaine

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 25
  • Boston 104, New York 59
I'm trying. TP for the thread.
There are certainly some problems, some real and some imagined.
But, IMHO, if PP and KG could somehow be at 100% or close to it by the playoffs, then the sky is the limit.
So I guess you could call me 'conditionally optimistic'.

« Reply #149 on: March 11, 2010, 09:06:50 AM »

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 157
  • Word aapp!
Ray Allen's shoe choice has been pretty good recently. I'm loving the all green kicks.