Author Topic: Player plays 1st nba game after being in g-league for 10 years. 19 pts, 3 blocks  (Read 2188 times)

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
I think whether this would be an OK life for someone depends a lot on who they are. For someone  who's 23 and single with their whole life ahead of them? Maybe it's great.

This guy is 32 and has been living it for 10 years. Probably not making enough money to support his family without picking up those odd jobs, unable to settle down in any real way since he could be anywhere in the country each year...that seems tough.

And furthermore, it could end at any moment. I mean, at that age his career could be over in a year or two - at which point he has to start all over, with who knows what skills or preparation for the real world.

Online celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1395
I think whether this would be an OK life for someone depends a lot on who they are. For someone  who's 23 and single with their whole life ahead of them? Maybe it's great.

This guy is 32 and has been living it for 10 years. Probably not making enough money to support his family without picking up those odd jobs, unable to settle down in any real way since he could be anywhere in the country each year...that seems tough.

And furthermore, it could end at any moment. I mean, at that age his career could be over in a year or two - at which point he has to start all over, with who knows what skills or preparation for the real world.

This is definitely how I feel, which makes it all that much cooler he got to play in NBA for all his hard work.