Author Topic: really good feeling interview of Rob Williams  (Read 1215 times)

really good feeling interview of Rob Williams
« on: June 30, 2018, 08:29:49 PM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
At Celtics.com with Mark D'Amico at new training facility.Williams is disarming.humble and ready to work-maybe even cover Curry.He looks to be a fan favorite-very likable.
Practice starts tomorrow for Summer League.

Re: really good feeling interview of Rob Williams
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2018, 08:36:33 PM »

Offline mqtcelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 236
I’m not pessimistic about Williams by any means, but this realistically means about nothing.

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2018, 12:56:18 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
Can't we just add all these random Williams thoughts to the Williams masterpiece thread? It only drowns out other, more relevant, topics.

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2018, 01:15:05 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
He comes across as sincere, humble, focused and ready to put the work in. Very likeable young man. Really pulling for him.

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2018, 01:17:41 PM »

Offline Hoopvortex

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 164
At Celtics.com with Mark D'Amico at new training facility.Williams is disarming.humble and ready to work-maybe even cover Curry.He looks to be a fan favorite-very likable.
Practice starts tomorrow for Summer League.

What I’m most impressed with here are his comments about his hometown. He’s conscious of his good fortune and hasn’t forgotten where he came from. Sometimes players are glib and say “the right thing”, but the humility here has the ring of truth.

'I was proud of Marcus Smart. He did a great job of keeping us together. He might not get credit for this game, but the pace that he played at, and his playcalling, some of the plays that he called were great. We obviously have to rely on him, so I’m definitely looking forward to Marcus leading this team in that role.' - Jaylen Brown, January 2021