Author Topic: posting in forum v. posting on front page articles  (Read 6453 times)

posting in forum v. posting on front page articles
« on: August 13, 2009, 02:25:53 PM »

Offline incoherent

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 278
  • 7 + 11 = 18
it seems im always logged in automatically to post on the forum but never can post on the front page stuff without logging in but my login info doesn't work.  do i have to re sign up with a different user name to be able to post on the front page stuff?

Re: posting in forum v. posting on front page articles
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2009, 02:29:02 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
I'm pretty sure the forum account and the SBN account are separate. You don't have to sign up with a different user name, unless incoherent is already taken.

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2009, 02:29:18 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
it seems im always logged in automatically to post on the forum but never can post on the front page stuff without logging in but my login info doesn't work.  do i have to re sign up with a different user name to be able to post on the front page stuff?

2 different acccounts

1 is an account specific to Celticsblog. I believe we are the only SB nation affiliate that does this.

1 is an account to SB nation. That lets you write fanposts and fanshots, and affect (comment on, "digg", rec, whatever) existing ones.

I believe both accounts have an "always stay logged in" option though.

If you havent you do need to register for an SB nation account.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2009, 02:47:09 PM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"
I don't think I even have an SBN account. I remember when we made the change I didn't know what was what or who was who. Thank God the forums are still intact.

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2009, 02:50:30 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
Thank God the forums are still intact.
TP and Amen.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2009, 03:19:27 PM »

Offline incoherent

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 278
  • 7 + 11 = 18
fellas, thank you very much for timely and accurate responses.  appreciated, TPs +

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2010, 12:58:38 PM »

Offline mobilija

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 610

2 different acccounts

1 is an account specific to Celticsblog. I believe we are the only SB nation affiliate that does this.

1 is an account to SB nation. That lets you write fanposts and fanshots, and affect (comment on, "digg", rec, whatever) existing ones.

I have both accounts and can not comment on the front page articles. What's up?

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2010, 01:00:01 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale

2 different acccounts

Are you logged into the front page?  What happens when you try to post a comment?

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2010, 01:03:59 PM »

Offline mobilija

• Bailey Howell

2 different acccounts

Are you logged into the front page?  What happens when you try to post a comment?
Yes, I log on with my SB account which is the same user name and I get a window titled Message from web page "Sorry, you are not allowed to post comments on this blog"

« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2010, 01:06:10 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale

2 different acccounts

Yes, I log on with my SB account which is the same user name and I get a window titled Message from web page "Sorry, you are not allowed to post comments on this blog"

I just looked it up, and you're what's called a "provisional" member.  It means you signed up, but never activated your account through the email that was sent to you.  I'm not sure if you keep past emails, but look for that one.

There was be a way to get the email re-sent to you, but unfortunately, the front page isn't my specialty.  Maybe email support@sbnation.com if you can't find an option to re-send it?

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2010, 01:15:11 PM »

Offline mobilija

• Bailey Howell

2 different acccounts

I just looked it up, and you're what's called a "provisional" member.  It means you signed up, but never activated your account through the email that was sent to you.  I'm not sure if you keep past emails, but look for that one.

There was be a way to get the email re-sent to you, but unfortunately, the front page isn't my specialty.  Maybe email support@sbnation.com if you can't find an option to re-send it?

Unfortunately I've probably long since deleted that email.

Thank you for the timely and thoughtful response. Best moderator experince I've witnessed/experienced on this blog. I'll add to your sea of TP's.