Author Topic: Ed Monix  (Read 55592 times)

Re: Ed Monix
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2022, 08:28:45 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238

i concur....but only after flc goes in before anyone else... her game threads are amazing.
[/quote]

Her game threads are no doubt arduous and time consuming to produce, but let us not forget her Herculean efforts in doing the Cs Daily Links for Celticsblog, which she is STILL doing, by the way. https://www.celticsblog.com/2022/1/12/22880680/boston-celtics-daily-links-1-12-22

Those Links things she has been doing just about 365 for the last umpteenth years……talk about a labor of love. Her dedication to this team and it’s fanbase is beyond admirable and even after her house was devastated by a hurricane one year, she still guided and kept in touch with nickagneta, so he ( thanks, again, nick!)could keep those game threads alive.

FLCelticsFan for the win!!!

TPs to all!

And this one’s for you, FLCsFan!!!!

https://youtu.be/KM2K7sV-K74
« Last Edit: January 13, 2022, 08:34:31 PM by csfansince60s »

« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2022, 08:50:50 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

i concur....but only after flc goes in before anyone else... her game threads are amazing.

Her game threads are no doubt arduous and time consuming to produce, but let us not forget her Herculean efforts in doing the Cs Daily Links for Celticsblog, which she is STILL doing, by the way. https://www.celticsblog.com/2022/1/12/22880680/boston-celtics-daily-links-1-12-22

Those Links things she has been doing just about 365 for the last umpteenth years……talk about a labor of love. Her dedication to this team and it’s fanbase is beyond admirable and even after her house was devastated by a hurricane one year, she still guided and kept in touch with nickagneta, so he ( thanks, again, nick!)could keep those game threads alive.

TPs to all!

I did the game threads for about a third of the season when FL's home was seriously damaged during a hurricane and she couldn't do it. It hurt her tremendously that she couldn't do them. She and her town lost so much and there she was being deeply concerned about not being able to do her game threads for us!!!! What an amazing lady!!!!

Also, yeah, even though I stole FL's game thread formats, getting good stats and rivalry info and the current injury report was not easy. Then typing them up into something newsworthy and entertaining was very difficult. Each one took me close to 90-120 minutes of work and were a cheap replication of what she does. The amount of time she dedicates to the enjoyment of others on this board is mind boggling. She is a Celtic saint.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2022, 08:58:16 PM by nickagneta »

« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2022, 10:15:47 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238

TPs to all!

I did the game threads for about a third of the season when FL's home was seriously damaged during a hurricane and she couldn't do it. It hurt her tremendously that she couldn't do them. She and her town lost so much and there she was being deeply concerned about not being able to do her game threads for us!!!! What an amazing lady!!!!

Also, yeah, even though I stole FL's game thread formats, getting good stats and rivalry info and the current injury report was not easy. Then typing them up into something newsworthy and entertaining was very difficult. Each one took me close to 90-120 minutes of work and were a cheap replication of what she does. The amount of time she dedicates to the enjoyment of others on this board is mind boggling. She is a Celtic saint.

You’re being modest, nick! You carried the torch in a more than competent fashion.

What is truly staggering is that FLCsFan does these threads PLUS the Celtics Daily links… and still does.

Amazing woman.

« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2022, 11:23:36 PM »

Offline Ed Monix

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 213
  • Signature move: Punch to the jejunum
Just wanted to shout out Ed for his frequent posting of interesting Celtics conversation starters. I’ve noticed that he has initiated a lot of good discussions over the past 6-9 months and wanted to commend his efforts. Thanks Ed, keep it up.

Wow...thank you so much for the kind words smokeablount! I don't know if I am worthy of them, but I am definitely very grateful.

Please accept this rare ABA NFT, as a token of my gratitude.

« Last Edit: January 17, 2022, 12:07:22 AM by Ed Monix »
5' 10" former point guard

Career highlight: 1973-74 championship, Boston Celtics

Career lowlight: traded for a washing machine

« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2022, 11:43:26 PM »

Kiorrik

... not even non fungible.

« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2022, 12:09:10 AM »

Offline Ed Monix

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 213
  • Signature move: Punch to the jejunum

Remember, it is the ABA.
5' 10" former point guard

Career highlight: 1973-74 championship, Boston Celtics

Career lowlight: traded for a washing machine

« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2022, 12:21:30 AM »

Kiorrik

Remember, it is the ABA.

No, Ed. I don't, actually, remember :') hahahaha

« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2022, 08:45:27 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

What is truly staggering is that FLCsFan does these threads PLUS the Celtics Daily links… and still does.

Amazing woman.

She also essentially runs the http://celticsgreen.blogspot.com/ website (or at least contributes all of the posts). The game threads and links are mostly what we know and love, but I especially enjoy the comments from the other side portion of the site. They also have a forums section where I was really active way back in the day.