Author Topic: Keep the faith in the dynamic duo! (JJ and ET)  (Read 12255 times)

Re: Keep the faith in the dynamic duo! (JJ and ET)
« Reply #30 on: April 22, 2012, 11:05:06 PM »

Offline ianboyextreme

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 81

THey are as old as Bradley...

Actually they are two years OLDER than Bradley. Tells you the difference in the talent level of the three. Moore and Johnson were 4 years college players and Bradley a one and done.
It doesnt matter how old you are, if you have no confidence, your gonna suck. You sound just like all the people trashing Avery 3 months ago. Yall just dont learn.

« Reply #31 on: April 22, 2012, 11:49:54 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
I earned from Avery Bradley to give th rookies time and make sure they get enough playing before judging them and give opinions if they are hits or misses.

With that said, I like Moore. He's still trying to figure it out like others say. It'll take a while but eventually he can be a solid bench player that would give us 10-13 minutes I good guard play.

My thoughts as well with JJJ. He needs time and some sniff of the court to see what he can do. Let's just look at Jeremy Tyler from the Warriors. Sure, the Duba might be tanking but when he started getting playing time he's steadily improving and figuring out the NBA. I believe the same will happen with Johnson. Although I still think Brooks was the better pick, we should be a little patient with JJJ.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2012, 12:11:33 AM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...

Actually they are two years OLDER than Bradley. Tells you the difference in the talent level of the three. Moore and Johnson were 4 years college players and Bradley a one and done.
It doesnt matter how old you are, if you have no confidence, your gonna suck. You sound just like all the people trashing Avery 3 months ago. Yall just dont learn.

When your considering them in terms of prospects and evaluating their development and potential of course age matters.

« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2012, 12:42:58 AM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404
JJJ would have to make a significant stride next year to convince me of his worth.

At least with Avery last year you could at least see he was quick and could defend at an NBA level. With Jajuan I havent seen anything he can do at an NBA level yet.

We'll just have to wait and see.

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #34 on: April 23, 2012, 05:25:00 AM »

Offline ianboyextreme

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 81

When your considering them in terms of prospects and evaluating their development and potential of course age matters.
if they hadnt shown me any inkling of skill, i would agree, but jajuan was gettin 10-12 points a game when he was playing more in january and etwaun had that game against orlando. So i have faith they will both be quality nba players.

« Reply #35 on: April 23, 2012, 05:29:25 AM »

Offline bfrombleacher

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 367
jajuan was gettin 10-12 points a game when he was playing more in january and etwaun had that game against orlando. So i have faith they will both be quality nba players.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 08:17:27 AM by bfrombleacher »

« Reply #36 on: April 23, 2012, 08:05:35 AM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
JJJ would have to make a significant stride next year to convince me of his worth.

At least with Avery last year you could at least see he was quick and could defend at an NBA level. With Jajuan I havent seen anything he can do at an NBA level yet.

His play seems to have regressed in some ways from earlier in the year, but I believe 3J has shown an NBA-level ability to shoot and score.

« Reply #37 on: April 23, 2012, 08:59:13 AM »

Offline feckless

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 93
The only reason to even discuss JJJ or ETM is because most of us were so wrong about Avery, with the exception of those who were saying he must be showing something in practice.  So this is going to have to be up to Doc and Danny because neither has given much reason to keep the faith. JJJ looks like a fast, long 3, who cannot play the 4, with one shot- a 15 foot jumper, who can't pass, can't defend 3's or 4's and just looks too weak and lost most of the time.  Moore looks like a good D-League combo guard, could aspire to be a Dooling level player. 

Too compare either to what Marshon Brooks showed this year skill, confidence, scoring, defense and team play  is just silly --Danny must know he was wrong.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 09:05:46 AM by feckless »
Days up and down they come, like rain on a conga drum, forget most, remember some, don't turn none away.   Townes Van Zandt

« Reply #38 on: April 23, 2012, 09:09:33 AM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 603

Steve Nash and Dennis Rodman disagrees.

« Reply #39 on: April 23, 2012, 09:09:58 AM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469

JaJuan can run and jump with the best of them.  That's a fairly important skill for an NBA big.  He's also shown that he can hit a jumper and that he has some moves around the basket, even if they are a little raw.  

If he can strengthen his body up some this off-season, I think he can turn into a good NBA player.
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #40 on: April 23, 2012, 10:11:30 AM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404

JaJuan can run and jump with the best of them.  That's a fairly important skill for an NBA big.  He's also shown that he can hit a jumper and that he has some moves around the basket, even if they are a little raw.  

If he can strengthen his body up some this off-season, I think he can turn into a good NBA player.

Running and jumping at a good level are definitely useful skills to have but nowhere near as important as refined basketball skills or the ability to use your body against an opponent.

Ryan Hollins can run and jump.

The most important thing for Jajuan is to find his sweet spot for his jumper and find a way to get some spacing from his opponent to get his shot off. Right now he's not even making a move and just trying to shoot over defenders all the time. That won't work in the NBA.

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #41 on: April 23, 2012, 10:32:46 AM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
A few points:

1. It's been a unique season, with no practice to speak of, so Johnson and Moore haven't gotten a lot of time.

2. With that said, because Bradley has developed SOME - his ballhandling still is atrocious, but at least that's easily corrected - it does not logically follow that Johnson and Moore will with time, at all. To believe so presupposes that Ainge is never wrong about a draft pick, and his draft record clearly belies that.

3. Age most assuredly matters.

4. As the above poster accurately observes, Johnson hasn't shown me much of anything at this point. He looks as lost as any rookie we've run out there in recent memory. Moore has shown a little more.

We will likely have no choice but to give the two of them another year, since they've developed zero value in the league. With that said, I have NO interest in carrying four or five rookies next season. None.

One would hope that Ainge hits bigger on the two first rounders this year, but there's zero guarantee of that (the three Ainge liked last year in the 1st, and how that's worked out has been rather chilling), and Johnson and Moore get shipped out to the D league to learn how to be pros. Certainly, I would concur with the doubts raised in this thread and on other blogs about the wisdom of the Johnson pick.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 10:44:13 AM by CoachBo »
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #42 on: April 23, 2012, 11:10:35 AM »

Offline arambone

• NCE
  • Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 80
Yeah, Jeremy Tyler is really starting to come on for Golden State, and he's about 3 years younger than Johnson.

I think Johnson's upside is offensive sparkplug off the bench, either at 3 or 4.

He can't really guard either position very well, and might not ever. He can however shoot, and he was shooting very very nicely for a rookie big man before Doc cut him out of the rotation because of his defense.

Optimistically, Johnson has 6th man potential, but I doubt he ever gets the on-court development time to reach his potential, because there are other big kicking around the league and draft that can be better 2 way players off the bench.

Moore could compete for the Ray Allen 6th man role next year, and if not, at least he has positional versatility to stay on the team as 4th guard.

Both guys would have benefited from one or two stints in the dleague for sure, especially Johnson.

Dion Waiters seems like a better version of Moore, and Andrew Nicholson seems like a better version of Johnson.

« Reply #43 on: April 23, 2012, 12:44:13 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

First off you need to chill about what I sound like because I was one of those very few people defending Bradley when everyone else wasn't.

Second, as I stated in my earlier post:

I was never honestly in love with either of these picks but given the lack of summer camp, shortened preseason, condensed schedule and lack of practice time, it just is way too illogical to come to definitive opinions about either player's future.

Third, age matters when judging young talent. Bradley is 21 and has shown he belongs and has the potential to be a significant NBA player. Johnson and Moore are 23 and both 4 year players in college, and as of yet have not shown to be able to even make a team's rotation. If they aren't showing some significant ability and improvement by the end of next year, especially with Johnson, a decision will need to be made regarding keeping them. The C's can get out of Johnson's 4 year deal at the end of next year if he hasn't developed. At this point I think Moore is on a one year at a time contract basis anyway.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 02:20:18 PM by nickagneta »

« Reply #44 on: April 23, 2012, 01:20:54 PM »

Offline JBone4eva

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 17
Johnson will be fine in my opinion, it's well known it takes big men (which despite what Doc may think, he is) longer to get acclimated to the league, even if you played four years of college.  I think it'll take him a little longer even, due to his need to put on so much weight in his lower body.

Etwaun on the other hand I'm not so confident about.  I def think he'll remain in the league at least in a journeyman capacity because of his scoring, but I'm not sure if we'll keep him around.  I certainly hope we do, as I love dudes scoring off the bench.

Basically both have A LOT of work to do in the offseason, but I'm hoping they both get a chance to prove themselves better next season.