Author Topic: Resign Scal!  (Read 8547 times)

Re: Resign Scal!
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2010, 03:41:38 PM »

Offline ProfanityIsNotAllowed

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 7
His defense was tremendous tonight. Kept us in the game.

That’s a no-brainer bra (Ginger freckle pubes is da shi*) loool

« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2010, 03:42:01 PM »

Offline twinbree

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 170
I'm confident Scal will be back. Good 12th/13th man who can give a few emergency minutes now and then. At the vet min I have no complaints.
Tommy: He's got a line about me. Tell him the line.

Mike: Everybody 60 or over knows Tommy as a player. Everybody 40 or over knows Tommy as a coach. Everybody 20 or over knows Tommy as a broadcaster. And everybody 10 or under thinks he's Shrek.

« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2010, 04:09:37 PM »

Offline Yakmanev

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 29
Bring him back, it's not like your looking for major production with a 13-15th guy anyway. These guys are for practice scrimmages and stuff.

I think Larry Bird said Fienstein (I think it was) was very valuable to the Celtics in just that regard.

If he has been here 5 years he knows the system and can be very valuable at applying true genuine resistance in our practices.

Unless there is something markedly better you keep what you got. I think anyway.

« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2010, 06:02:25 PM »

Offline Meadowlark_Scal

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 670
  • You say when......
This has to be one of those jokes you've been waiting to post.....Scal is the sixth highest paid guy on the Celtics, look at his stats....what did he do...? Look at his body, he should be making pizza in the North End instead of being on the Celtics, at his height, he could see over everyone, and take orders from the front to the back of the line...! After all his access to pro trainers, and this is all you get....better to try an unproven no name then go with someone who you paid for years but gave you nothing. He should pay the Celtics for 5 years to hang around the bench, those good seats....! No wonder we are in another depression, some people expect nothing for theirt money...!   I do not mean any ill will toward the original poster..this is just my opinion...!

« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2010, 06:04:39 PM »

Offline Meadowlark_Scal

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • You say when......
One more thought that just came to me..Take Mr Scal's money and.......GET US AN ENFORCER...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 So we don't get beat and thrown around anymore without any consequences.....like this year..! The refs and sterny-pants ain't gonna save ya..!

« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2010, 09:42:27 PM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
No thanks...  Five years of him was enough for me.  He offers nothing, and the only reason he suited up was due to Perk's injury.  He does nothing of value on the floor, and I'm not into signing a guy just because he's nice...

+1 +2 +3

« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2010, 10:03:04 AM »

Offline celtics2

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 42
No thanks...  Five years of him was enough for me.  He offers nothing, and the only reason he suited up was due to Perk's injury.  He does nothing of value on the floor, and I'm not into signing a guy just because he's nice...

I agree what a waste of time. Food for thought. Would LA ever be interested in Scallabrini? LA has been out thinking us for years now. West is a Genius. Boston still has the Banner lead but if we keep bringing in duds it won't be long before they overtake us.

« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2010, 11:33:57 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics

I agree what a waste of time. Food for thought. Would LA ever be interested in Scallabrini? LA has been out thinking us for years now. West is a Genius. Boston still has the Banner lead but if we keep bringing in duds it won't be long before they overtake us.

For the vet min?  Probably.

Who was the Lakers 12th - 15th man?  Did they provide more then Scali?  (who stepped on the court and played solid defense in very limited time)

If this team is looking to reload for one more run, the Scali makes more sense then the usual done nothing projects that end up out of the league by Feb. 

And his past contract (which everyone knows was to much money) doesn't matter now.  If he signs for the Vet min, he is not over payed. 

« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2010, 01:27:43 PM »

Offline Andy Jick

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 89
  • You know my methods, Watson.
Depending on what dominoes fall this offseason, we are not what I call a championship caliber team.  That said, we need to start developing players for the future, not having Howdy Doody ride pine.  He offers no future for this team.  And I'm certain we already have someone on this roster who can fill our "nice guy" quota.  I'd stock the 12th-15th spots on this team with D-League guys that might have a future. 

Honestly, I love what Golden State did.  They started snagging up guys and gave them a shot.  We are almost in that territory in which we better start finding some replacements, because KG, Paul, and (if re-signed) Ray don't have much left in the tank.

Scal might be a nice idea, but I'd sign a younger guy with potential than keep him here...
"It was easier to know it than to explain why I know it."

« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2010, 05:47:55 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
Depending on what dominoes fall this offseason, we are not what I call a championship caliber team.  That said, we need to start developing players for the future, not having Howdy Doody ride pine.  He offers no future for this team.  And I'm certain we already have someone on this roster who can fill our "nice guy" quota.  I'd stock the 12th-15th spots on this team with D-League guys that might have a future. 

Honestly, I love what Golden State did.  They started snagging up guys and gave them a shot.  We are almost in that territory in which we better start finding some replacements, because KG, Paul, and (if re-signed) Ray don't have much left in the tank.

Scal might be a nice idea, but I'd sign a younger guy with potential than keep him here...

The last team the Celtics should pattern themselves after is the Golden State Warriors.  The lead the league in overrated offensive players because of the system they run.

I am fine adding real young talent.  I am sick of the Hudson/Pruitt/Greene/Allan Rays/Reed of the worlds doing nothing but take up roster space. 

« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2010, 06:03:55 PM »

Offline Andy Jick

• Ray Allen

The last team the Celtics should pattern themselves after is the Golden State Warriors.  The lead the league in overrated offensive players because of the system they run.

I am fine adding real young talent.  I am sick of the Hudson/Pruitt/Greene/Allan Rays/Reed of the worlds doing nothing but take up roster space. 

I never said to "pattern" our team after them.  But rather stockpile some young players and stash them away for development purposes.  This team is getting old quickly...  If this team does come back with relatively the same roster, expect Doc (if he returns) to employ the same thinking next season as he did this year: limit the minutes of the starters and just get into the playoffs, looking once again for the proverbial "switch" to turn on.

I'd rather have a young guy with upside playing next season, getting an opportunity to grow than Scalabrine, who couldn't even find his way on the active playoff roster if it weren't for a blown out Kendrick Perkins knee.

The Warriors, whether you want to admit it or not, brought in some nice young players.  I do not want to employ their style of play...  I was only using them as an example who found some good D-League talent, and we should consider a couple/three of those types next season.  Scalabrine isn't needed on this team any longer, no matter how much some want to defend his near-useless existence on this team...

« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2010, 07:59:24 PM »

Offline bobdelt

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 26
It'll be nearly impossible to rebuild, except through free agency after the KG contract.

The only two teams able to do it, were the Spurs and Lakers. Only way that happens is if Rondo is on the same level as Duncan and Kobe. Don't think that's happening as great as he is.

« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2010, 08:08:07 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith

I never said to "pattern" our team after them.  But rather stockpile some young players and stash them away for development purposes.  This team is getting old quickly...  If this team does come back with relatively the same roster, expect Doc (if he returns) to employ the same thinking next season as he did this year: limit the minutes of the starters and just get into the playoffs, looking once again for the proverbial "switch" to turn on.

I'd rather have a young guy with upside playing next season, getting an opportunity to grow than Scalabrine, who couldn't even find his way on the active playoff roster if it weren't for a blown out Kendrick Perkins knee.

The Warriors, whether you want to admit it or not, brought in some nice young players.  I do not want to employ their style of play...  I was only using them as an example who found some good D-League talent, and we should consider a couple/three of those types next season.  Scalabrine isn't needed on this team any longer, no matter how much some want to defend his near-useless existence on this team...

The past two season, the Celtics had that.  Walker, JR and Pruitt/Hudson.

They don't impact a good team like the Celtics.

They may impact lotto teams that are not good and/or playing for nothing.

A player like Scali on the other hand, can make a small impacts with little time.

There should be at least one young player from the draft on this team, but unless it is a complete blow up, there shouldn't be any more unless there is a trade. 

« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2010, 09:25:23 PM »

Offline Andy Jick

• Ray Allen
Once again, you've failed to see my point.  I'm not asking those players to "make an impact."  I'm wanting them to BE DEVELOPED.  Sometimes you miss (as you've pointed out) and sometimes you hit.  But we need to start scouring for players to be developed WHILE we still try to contend.  It's not impossible.

Afterall, what kind of impact did Daniels make this year?  None.  So why not have a young guy on the team that could be developed who comes CHEAP rather than paying for guys who do relatively nothing? 

Scal offers us no future, would require more in salary, and won't sniff playoff minutes.  We are at a critical juncture in that we need to start finding players - who knows, maybe the next Bruce Bowen or Adrian Griffin are waiting to be found...  All they need is a roster spot, teaching and patience.

« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2010, 09:40:55 PM »

Offline Meadowlark_Scal

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • You say when......
Once again, you've failed to see my point.  I'm not asking those players to "make an impact."  I'm wanting them to BE DEVELOPED.  Sometimes you miss (as you've pointed out) and sometimes you hit.  But we need to start scouring for players to be developed WHILE we still try to contend.  It's not impossible.

Afterall, what kind of impact did Daniels make this year?  None.  So why not have a young guy on the team that could be developed who comes CHEAP rather than paying for guys who do relatively nothing? 

Scal offers us no future, would require more in salary, and won't sniff playoff minutes.  We are at a critical juncture in that we need to start finding players - who knows, maybe the next Bruce Bowen or Adrian Griffin are waiting to be found...  All they need is a roster spot, teaching and patience.

I agree with you AJ, this is the time to mix young guys that old Celtic scouts see potential, put them with our current pro's, you could at leat turn them into a Danny Ainge...Didn't he follow in Birds footsteps... That is how you build a team that stays on top, you won't always just get the superstar....that is dreaming stuff, besides, a lot of guys don't like the C's anymore, why, I don't know...it has been real team bball. Scal never developed into anything...and he had a lot of minutes, too many. Walker, Sheldon, they should have had his minutes...!