Author Topic: Who will Danny visit at 12:01 AM July 1?  (Read 12063 times)

Re: Who will Danny visit at 12:01 AM July 1?
« Reply #45 on: June 26, 2009, 09:15:37 AM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 660
  • MASTER OF PANIC
first things first...they have to do something with tony, moore, pruitt, scal and giddens...i think moore, pruiit and giddens wont even make the team...i think they keep scal and tony as chips before the trade deadline but HOPEFULLY tony never sees the court this season as a celtics..

i would like these 3 free agents:

1. al harrington
2. sheed
3. grant hill

i feel dhantay jones is going to be here though

« Reply #46 on: June 26, 2009, 09:37:34 AM »

Offline Jon Niednagel

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 57
Mike Bibby or Zaza Pachulia.

I was thinking Bibby.  But even though he has House here, I can't imagine him coming here --- he's still got starter years left in him.  That being said, how great would a Rondo / Bibby guard tandem be!

It would be great.  I like the 2 guard approach (eg: when Rondo and House play).  A combo I would really like to see (not gonna happen any time soon) would be Rondo and Kirk Hinrich.

CMan, TP for the like-mindedness. Of course, as you know Hinrich would have to be involved in a trade as he is not a FA (the theme of this thread), but he would be a perfect on this team.
“Being a Celtic is, every decision you make is about the team. Every cut you make is about the team. Every pass you make is about the team. You take yourself out of it. It’s not for everyone. If you don’t want to win, don’t want to play team basketball, and it’s more about you then you’re probably not a Celtic." Doc 2010

« Reply #47 on: June 26, 2009, 09:50:56 AM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
I think you got to talk to Josh Childress (RFA). I doubt Atlanta would keep him, Mavin Williams, Joe Johnson, Crawford, and Maurice Evans. A backup plan would be Matt Barnes. Both players are under 30 and would provide great energy off the bench.
As for big men, Nesterovic and Robert Swift could provide size.

I'd LOVE Childress, but Atlanta can match. I've been thinking Barnes all along, and can you really imagine Ainge not going after his binky Swift?!? Barnes or Grant Hill, and Swift or Birdman and I'll be reasonably happy.

Yes, Atlanta can match, but why would they? They don't need 5 swing men.
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #48 on: June 26, 2009, 09:54:50 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
I heared whispers on Allen Iverson
You've only heard whispers? I've been shouting it.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #49 on: June 26, 2009, 09:55:21 AM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
Is Al Harrington available? He can be perfect off the bench, instant offense. I think he is a 4, correct me if im wrong.

He's listed as an unrestricted free agent on ESPN.  I think he has a player option though - so he could stay with the Knicks.  He's a 6'9'' PF but he can hit the 3 and I would imagine he could maybe be mobile enough to play minutes at the 3 possibly.

He put up averages of 20 points 6 rebounds and .364% from 3 last season, which was his best season in a while (with a PER of just a bit less than 16). 

If we could sign him for the MLE, I think he'd be a great 3rd big and 6th man.  That said, there isn't any indication based on his career that he'd be interested in taking less money to come off the bench. 

Definitely not one of the more likely options out there, but one of the ones that hasn't been discussed much, and I'm of the opinion we aren't getting the guys that get talked about most often (Dice, Sheed, Hill, Gortat).

Tp, thanks. Al would be a steal if we get him for the MLE.

Loves D'Antoni, staying in NYC.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #50 on: June 26, 2009, 09:58:00 AM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403

i know the gut reaction is he's a poor fit / doesn't wanna be a back-up. But would AI come to Boston to back up Rondo / Ray to win a championship? Would he do it for half the MLE? It's an interesting question
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #51 on: June 26, 2009, 09:59:00 AM »

Offline MrTripleDouble10

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 67
Sheed would be interesting.  But I would love Grant Hill.  He'd be perfect off the bench to backup Pierce.  No way Marion takes the MLE, but it would be nice.  Think about it, he's not the type of guy to A) take a ton less money and B) come off the bench.

« Reply #52 on: June 26, 2009, 10:02:03 AM »

Offline MrTripleDouble10

• Derrick White

i know the gut reaction is he's a poor fit / doesn't wanna be a back-up. But would AI come to Boston to back up Rondo / Ray to win a championship? Would he do it for half the MLE? It's an interesting question

Iverson is one guy I would NOT want here at all.  He quit on a respectible Detroit team because he wasn't playing enough and getting his touches.  What makes anyone think he'd A) take less money to be here and B) be completely fine playing a backup role?

No way he can get enough minutes behind Rondo/Ray/House and be happy with it.  Even Marbury barely played at all in that role.

« Reply #53 on: June 26, 2009, 10:09:23 AM »

Offline jdpapa3

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 85
You guys are crazy for thinking Sheed would come here to be a backup.

« Reply #54 on: June 26, 2009, 10:09:28 AM »

Offline libermaniac

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 377
first things first...they have to do something with tony, moore, pruitt, scal and giddens...i think moore, pruiit and giddens wont even make the team

Giddens has a guaranteed contract. 

« Reply #55 on: June 26, 2009, 10:12:21 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
You guys are crazy for thinking Sheed would come here to be a backup.
I actually don't think Sheed would mind backing up KG. As long as he got to play big minutes and finish games.

« Reply #56 on: June 26, 2009, 10:18:30 AM »

Offline toinewalka

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 18
I think Perkins would accept a backup role behind Sheed, and if not, I think Gortat can give us almost the same type of game without the outside scoring Sheed brings, which we don't NEED (but would always like).

AI is best when he's on a bad team with him as the only option and guys that want to play defense.  Best lineup he played on: Eric Snow, Aaron McKie, Iverson, Mutombo, etc.  All defense guys, very little scoring options outside of him, NO FIT HERE.

Pachulia I don't like either.  I don't think he brings half of the mobility, defense, or rebounding Gortat would bring with a chance to play, and I couldn't stand looking at those huge ugly lips making that "who, me?" face whenver ANYTHING happens.

« Reply #57 on: June 26, 2009, 10:27:46 AM »

Offline MrTripleDouble10

• Derrick White
I think Perkins would accept a backup role behind Sheed, and if not, I think Gortat can give us almost the same type of game without the outside scoring Sheed brings, which we don't NEED (but would always like).

AI is best when he's on a bad team with him as the only option and guys that want to play defense.  Best lineup he played on: Eric Snow, Aaron McKie, Iverson, Mutombo, etc.  All defense guys, very little scoring options outside of him, NO FIT HERE.

Pachulia I don't like either.  I don't think he brings half of the mobility, defense, or rebounding Gortat would bring with a chance to play, and I couldn't stand looking at those huge ugly lips making that "who, me?" face whenver ANYTHING happens.
And Perk never makes those type of faces when he gets called for a foul, right?  I love Perk, but the man has never committed a foul according to him.

« Reply #58 on: June 26, 2009, 10:33:47 AM »

Offline nebist

• Jaylen Brown
Ron Artest

He would back up Pierce and Allen with great defense and toughness keeping them all fresh for the playoffs.  He would get starter minutes from the 6th man position.  He could also play some spot minutes at the 4.  He brings scoring punch off the bench.  Basically, he is a rich man's James Posey. 

« Reply #59 on: June 26, 2009, 10:40:34 AM »

Offline GroverTheClover

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 167
Ron Artest

He would back up Pierce and Allen with great defense and toughness keeping them all fresh for the playoffs.  He would get starter minutes from the 6th man position.  He could also play some spot minutes at the 4.  He brings scoring punch off the bench.  Basically, he is a rich man's James Posey. 

I really doubt Artest is going to leave his professed "favorite coach of all time". I think he knows that he's wanted in Houston and has even (GASP!) taken on somewhat of a leadership role in the team. Though with his rehabbed image, he could get a nice offer. He'd be a great addition to our bench without the crazy.