Author Topic: Are you rooting for the Cavs or Wizards?  (Read 9371 times)

Re: Are you rooting for the Cavs or Wizards?
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2008, 11:47:37 AM »

Offline Bleedgr33n

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 2
doesnt matter i am just sick of watching them run the hawks out of the gym

« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2008, 11:58:36 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
doesnt matter i am just sick of watching them run the hawks out of the gym

Playoffs start next round!
Yup

« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2008, 12:18:30 PM »

Offline jay_jay54

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 266
Personally, I thought the Wizards would have no problem in this series, winning in 6... but they've looked absolutely horrible.  So, are you rooting for the Cavs or the Wizards?

Personally, I hope the Wiz can make a series out of it, but want the Cavs to win.  I just don't fear LeBron as much as I fear the Wizards on paper and with confidence against the Celtics.  I also think the Celtics could gameplan to at least limit LeBron while containing the rest of the team... I would expect them to copy, cut, and paste the defensive scheme they used against TMac and the Rockets while ending their 22 game win streak.  Obviously LeBron is a much tougher guard than TMac, but it's the same principles and I think it gives us a better chance at the conference finals that trying to stop the many weapons on the Wizards.
I feel almost the same BT,i rather face the Cavs.,because they have less weapons to stop.The Wizards present a much bigger problem to the C's.Its seem like they not only have our number,but they bring there A game,each time we play them.I think they feel,we are the team to beat,so they never let down when we play them.Jamison always has 20+pts.,a lot rebounds,when they play us .The Wiz mental approach is different when facing us.They are not as aggressive in this series with the Cavs.as they were in the games aganist the C's.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2008, 12:53:44 PM by jay_jay54 »

« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2008, 12:21:12 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
I think yesterday's game showed why Cleveland is the better opponent for us...while Washington has been lousy at times this series, Cleveland with no LeBron or LeBron taken out of the flow of the offense looks like the Miami Heat in the last month of the series.  There's no way we don't stomp that team...LeBron can probably get them 1 game, but more than that is unlikey.

« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2008, 12:26:26 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
I have thought from the beginning, the Celtics will beat either team.  Neither can win trying to matchup with KG playing close to 40 minutes of PF.  (no going small)

The difference to me has always been that I think Cleveland will physically wear on the Celtics more.  Multiple games of Pierce on 260 lbs of Lebron.  Four legitimate big men (plus another defensive big man with 6 hard fouls on the bench) with physical play. 

I would much rather face the Wiz.  Just don't play small with House at PG.  Keep a big attacking team on the floor.  The Wiz can not match up with such a team.

« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2008, 12:52:07 PM »

Offline lobstermobster

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 2
The series is a foregone conclusion.  Stern wants Lebron in the Fianls.  He's going to get coddled all the way there.

« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2008, 12:53:34 PM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632
I agree with those that want to play Cleveland.  The Wiz match up well with us and will give up mucho problems.  The Cavs stink and we should be able to beat them handily.  While I do think the C's can beat the Wiz, anything can happen with a dangerous team like that.

I also want to play Cleveland because I can't stand Lebron and would love the C's to knock him out of the playoffs.
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2008, 01:07:56 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
The series is a foregone conclusion.  Stern wants Lebron in the Fianls.  He's going to get coddled all the way there.

So you're predicting the Cavs overthe Celtics in Round 2?

How is Lebron any more desirable to the Stern conspiracy than the Celtics in the Finals?
Yup

« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2008, 01:16:54 PM »

Offline tb727

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 129
I rather play Cleveland.  With Wally and Delonte both as starters, it reminds me of last year's 24 win team.  I can see Ray and Rajon really making those matchups personal to the point where they dominate them.
Jay Wingspan Bilas

« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2008, 01:33:55 PM »

Offline Sweet17

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 107
I'd rather play Cleveland. But despite their near universal coronation as 1st round winner after the second game I am not at all sure they can get there.

Pete

« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2008, 01:37:44 PM »

Offline CT34

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 38
The only thing I'm rooting for is for this that series to go 7 games.  So are the moment I hope the Wizards tie it up on Sunday.  I could careless who the Cs play in the 2nd round. 

« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2008, 01:39:06 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
I want the Wizards to win the series because I hate the Cavs and I think the Wizards are a better team. But whoever wins wins and we will take care of them.

« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2008, 03:00:32 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157

How is Lebron any more desirable to the Stern conspiracy than the Celtics in the Finals?

yea, froma  marketing standpoint, stern would want the C's to get there and meet the lakers, suns, or spurs.

ratings would be through the roof.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2008, 05:44:34 PM »

Offline Sweet17

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 107
Cleveland is a small market. I bet Stern is happy the Cavs are failing and have sunk cap space into Ben Wallace (who makes MORE then Lebron). It just makes it more likely that Lebron will go to a NY team. There is some chance the Nets might move to Brooklyn.. (though some see it as just a ploy for real estate development)..

Pete

« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2008, 05:56:17 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818

yea, froma  marketing standpoint, stern would want the C's to get there and meet the lakers, suns, or spurs.

ratings would be through the roof.

From the West, I think that you can include the Hornets if Paul keeps playing the way he has.  And if Denver somehow (very very longshot) starts playing and destroying people, they have enough star power in that team to make it an exciting finals.

Dallas, Utah, and Houston are the only ones that I see that could make it a somehow uneventful final... or a boring one.