Author Topic: Pacquiao VS Cotto  (Read 3376 times)

Pacquiao VS Cotto
« on: November 15, 2009, 12:14:46 AM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
Is anyone watching the fight? i hope pacman wins to ease the burden of us losing to the pacers

Re: Pacquiao VS Cotto
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2009, 02:09:07 AM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
I got the fight, Pacman destroyed Cotto to powerful to fast. Bring on mayweather or sugar shane !
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2009, 02:46:30 AM »

Offline Las Vegas Asian

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 6
I bet the over 9.5 rounds and I swear that each round seemed like it was in slow motion. Unfortunately, a bittersweet win. My wife's uncle in the Philippines suffered a heart attack while watching the fight. They rushed him to the hospital but they were unable to revive him. So sad he didn't even get to see Pacquiao's arm raised in victory. RIP Kuyang.

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2009, 02:58:48 AM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
I bet the over 9.5 rounds and I swear that each round seemed like it was in slow motion. Unfortunately, a bittersweet win. My wife's uncle in the Philippines suffered a heart attack while watching the fight. They rushed him to the hospital but they were unable to revive him. So sad he didn't even get to see Pacquiao's arm raised in victory. RIP Kuyang.

condolences

Anybody watch Manny destroy Cotto last night?
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2009, 10:30:56 AM »

Offline Mencius

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 103
It really was an awesome spectacle.  Cotto was so much the bigger man.  A real strong, natural welterweight whose only loss was to Margarito (it was suspected that Margarito had wrapped he hands in some kind of plaster like he got caught doing in the Mosley fight), while Manny started his career fighting at 106 lbs.  It really looked like a mismatch, size-wise.

Anyway, when you saw the two together, Cotto was just so much bigger, and in the first round, it looked like this might not go well for Manny.  Very competitive fight through 4.  Rounds 2 and 4 were great stuff, with Cotto going down in both.  The round 2 knockdown was kind of a slip, but the round 4 one was legit, and after that, Pacquiao just completely dominated him the rest of the fight before the refs stopped it in the 11th.

Really, really impressive stuff, and puts Pacquiao way up in the pantheon of fighters.  Can't wait to see him take on Floyd.

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2009, 11:19:59 AM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1617
  • What a Pub Should Be
Followed the fight on Mannix's blog last night.  I'm really surprised that Cotto held on that long although some media types are saying the fight should've been stopped earlier.

I cannot wait until Pacquiao/Mayweather.  Boxing needs that fight to go down.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2009, 10:18:57 PM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
ive watched the fight and it looked like manny was getting frustrated late in the match. he clearly wanted a KO but cotto was dancing out of it

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2009, 10:30:15 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
ive watched the fight and it looked like manny was getting frustrated late in the match. he clearly wanted a KO but cotto was dancing out of it

Yeah, because the fight should have been stopped long before it was ... Cotto was getting the crap beat out of him, and even his WIFE left the arena because she couldn't stand to watch anymore ... it's really a shame that the officials let it go that far ... Manny had clearly won by the 6th or 7th round. It reminded me of a fight many years ago between Randall Cobb and Ernie Shavers, where Shavers was getting so beat up, that it appalled Howard Cosell to the point of not commentating anymore.
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *