Author Topic: Tinsley to be bought out?  (Read 3947 times)

Tinsley to be bought out?
« on: July 11, 2008, 09:27:28 AM »

Offline jsilva982

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 11
I didn't see anybody else post this from last night:

Jamaal Tinsley's contract will likely be bought out by the Pacers, meaning there's almost no chance he plays another game for the team.
Indy Star columnist Bob Kravitz said on the radio that he would "walk to Kokomo if Tinsley was in a Pacers uniform on opening night." Kokomo is 53 miles due north of Indy. And when Kravitz mentioned this to Pacers coach Jim O'Brien, he laughed and said, "If Jamaal is still with us, I'll walk to Kokomo with you." Obviously, the Pacers are either going to trade Tinsley and his ridiculous contract (3 years, $21 million - not likely) or buy him out.

-Rotoworld.com

Re: Tinsley to be bought out?
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2008, 09:36:14 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
He could join the Celtics for the vet min. 

Anymore, Celtics probably end up wasting money when Tinsley misses half the season and half the playoffs with an injury.

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2008, 09:37:53 AM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632
I'd prefer Jason Williams if he would sign for the vet minimum if we don't sign House. 
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2008, 09:39:52 AM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
he is an awful shooter, I would rather take Cassell back and house

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2008, 09:40:38 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
I'd prefer Jason Williams if he would sign for the vet minimum if we don't sign House. 

Me, too, but word is Williams and Orlando are seriously discussing a contract.  That makes a lot of sense for both sides.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2008, 09:56:48 AM »

Offline TripleOT

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 213
No thanks on Tinsley. 

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2008, 10:45:19 AM »

Offline Fan from VT

• NCE
  • Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 777

Me, too, but word is Williams and Orlando are seriously discussing a contract.  That makes a lot of sense for both sides.

that could be good, since it may mean that dooling and arroyo will hit the F.A. market. I'd like dooling here.

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2008, 11:04:53 AM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
I think Tinsley would be an excellent pickup.  Yes, injuries are a concern, but for the vet minimum, you can take that risk.  He is a very smart and talented player, in the Andre Miller mould, and if he is cool with backing up Rondo, he would be ideal.

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2008, 11:06:51 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
I think Tinsley would be an excellent pickup.  Yes, injuries are a concern, but for the vet minimum, you can take that risk.  He is a very smart and talented player, in the Andre Miller mould, and if he is cool with backing up Rondo, he would be ideal.

I don't know about ideal, Chris.  He would be one of the most talented point guards in free agency, no question.  There are some character questions, though.  It's not only injuries that are making Larry and Jim O'Brien want to get Tinsley out of town as soon as possible.

For a minimum contract, there's obviously little risk.  However, there's always the chance that if we sign him in lieu of other options, we could be left without a legit backup should we have to cut him at a later date (or should his perpetual injuries limit his time.)  Tinsley definitely strikes me as a guy who could poison the well of ubuntu.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2008, 11:29:14 AM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642

I don't know about ideal, Chris.  He would be one of the most talented point guards in free agency, no question.  There are some character questions, though.  It's not only injuries that are making Larry and Jim O'Brien want to get Tinsley out of town as soon as possible.

For a minimum contract, there's obviously little risk.  However, there's always the chance that if we sign him in lieu of other options, we could be left without a legit backup should we have to cut him at a later date (or should his perpetual injuries limit his time.)

OK, your right, Ideal is way too strong.  But considering the other options out there, he would be a very good one.

BTW, did anyone else see Marc Spears on CSN the other night saying that the team was "chomping at the bit" to use Gabe Pruitt, and they likely want him to compete for the backup role with whoever they bring in?