Author Topic: Bruins this year are fun to watch.  (Read 2924 times)

Bruins this year are fun to watch.
« on: November 10, 2008, 02:04:01 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
Now, i don't claim to be a die hard bruins fan, i tune in when it suits me.

But, i would like to write some words of praise for this years squad. This years squad is saddled, as always, with a low payroll, a crappy owner, and low expectations.

But, unlike the previous bruins teams i've watched, one thing this team cannot be accused of is just showing up to punch the clock. This team plays for each other. If your going to try to be a instigator (im talking to you steve ott) you are going to have to deal with everybody wearing a B on thier uni, not just the guy you ticked off.

they also go hard eery night, no matter who the other team is, they play tough and physical night in and night out.

That, to me, makes this team enjoyable, they may not win every game, but they will fight every minute of every game.

And, in my sports teams, I'll take that anyday.

Whats everyone else's read on this years bruins squad?
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

Re: Bruins this year are fun to watch.
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2008, 02:10:53 PM »

Offline SShorefan 3.0

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 202
Now, i don't claim to be a die hard bruins fan, i tune in when it suits me.

But, i would like to write some words of praise for this years squad. This years squad is saddled, as always, with a low payroll, a crappy owner, and low expectations.

But, unlike the previous bruins teams i've watched, one thing this team cannot be accused of is just showing up to punch the clock. This team plays for each other. If your going to try to be a instigator (im talking to you steve ott) you are going to have to deal with everybody wearing a B on thier uni, not just the guy you ticked off.

they also go hard eery night, no matter who the other team is, they play tough and physical night in and night out.

That, to me, makes this team enjoyable, they may not win every game, but they will fight every minute of every game.

And, in my sports teams, I'll take that anyday.

Whats everyone else's read on this years bruins squad?

Always been more of a USC fan than UCLA
I love my kids - Call me a sap, but it's true.

Re: Bruins this year are fun to watch.
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2008, 02:11:18 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
I agree, this is a very fun team to watch and cheer for.  They play hard, they stick up for each other, and they have some excellent young talent. 

I am not that familiar with other teams young cores, but I have a feeling there are not many teams with a group of young forwards as talented (and productive so early in their career) as the B's with Bergeron, Kessel (who looks like a superstar so far this year), Wheeler, Lucic (who could singlehandedly make the B's popular again), and Kreiji.

And the best part is, unlike the young teams C's fans are used to, these guys are winning right now, and playing hockey the way it is supposed to be played.