Author Topic: Bobcats Preparing Offer For Cousins  (Read 9739 times)

Bobcats Preparing Offer For Cousins
« on: December 31, 2012, 01:55:37 AM »

Offline soboston

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 5
@SamAmicoFSO

NBA GM wouldn't be specific, but says "if what I hear is true," Kings will have tough time turning down Bobcats' offer for DeMarcus Cousins.

Wonder what they are offering.

Re: Bobcats Preparing Offer For Cousins
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2012, 01:58:36 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Isn't the biggest need for the Kings the SF position?  Wouldn't the biggest trade chip for the Bobcats be MKG?  ...  That'd be weird, though.  I'm sure going from an 11 win team to a 7 win team will do wonders for Cousins' attitude. 

Hi Demarcus... I know you hate losing and want out of Sacramento.  Good news... we traded you to a team who has dropped 18 in a row!

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2012, 02:02:55 AM »

Offline soboston

• Xavier Tillman
yeah true. If its MKG then it would be hard for Sac to turn down.  Dont know why they would offer MKG for Cousins though when Mullens has been playing well for them.  But yeah, definitely dont see how going to another losing team will change Cousins attitude.

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2012, 02:27:11 AM »

Offline syfy9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 291
  • We may as well put Tyrion in at center.
Go away Bobcats.
I like Marcus Smart

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2012, 02:30:23 AM »

Offline crownontherocks

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 86
@SamAmicoFSO

NBA GM wouldn't be specific, but says "if what I hear is true," Kings will have tough time turning down Bobcats' offer for DeMarcus Cousins.

Wonder what they are offering.

For those asking about Kings-Bobcats talk, keep in mind that was take of one NBA GM. I gave all the info he gave me.

@SamAmicoFSO

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2012, 02:30:51 AM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
yeah true. If its MKG then it would be hard for Sac to turn down.  Dont know why they would offer MKG for Cousins though when Mullens has been playing well for them.

If you think Mullens is so good, would you be in favor of the Celtics acquiring him?
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2012, 02:41:24 AM »

Offline lightspeed5

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 283
we have draft picks to sweeten any package. Kidd-Gilchrist is probably untouchable for the bobcats. Rumor has it they have been trying to trade henderson for a while.

« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2012, 02:42:18 AM »

Offline soboston

• Xavier Tillman
yeah true. If its MKG then it would be hard for Sac to turn down.  Dont know why they would offer MKG for Cousins though when Mullens has been playing well for them.

If you think Mullens is so good, would you be in favor of the Celtics acquiring him?

I would prefer Cousins, but I wouldnt be opposed to aquiring him.

« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2012, 02:43:58 AM »

Offline soboston

• Xavier Tillman
we have draft picks to sweeten any package. Kidd-Gilchrist is probably untouchable for the bobcats. Rumor has it they have been trying to trade henderson for a while.

If the bobcats have to throw in picks, their picks are better than ours. 

« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2012, 02:48:05 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
MKG is not going anywhere. That would be dumb.But i can see Cats offering

To Sac: Mullens, Henderson, Jeff Taylor
To cats: Cousins

Cousins is better than Mullens but if you can get Henderson and Taylor, that would be a pretty nice return for sac. why Bobcats would do this trade is that, they are in dire need of a change. With the current lineup , they can't win anything

bobcats after trade

C- Cousins
pf- Biyombo
sf- MKG
sg - Ben Gordon
PG - Walker

« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2012, 04:20:26 AM »

Offline soboston

• Xavier Tillman
CelticsLife.com

about an hour ago

More from Amico: "The Kings have denied they’re trying to trade center DeMarcus Cousins, a true talent as both...

a player and a trouble spot. But multiple sources who claim to have taken their calls said that’s not true, that Cousins is actually on the market. The asking price, however, “is way too high right now,” said one opposing GM."

« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2012, 05:51:58 AM »

Offline nostar

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
There should be no player untouchable for the Bobcats. Also I'm not sure why people wouldn't trade Kidd-Gilchrist for Cousins. I would. Taking a shot at a franchise center is almost always worth it. Cousins and Kemba would be a pretty fun duo to watch I think. I like Kidd-Gilchrist a lot but he's not untouchable to me. Also with Cousins value in a lull they might be able to get a pick from SAC in the deal.

Something like:

Gilchrist/Mullins/Taylor
for
Cousins/Evans/pick

Might have a conversation at least.

« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2012, 09:36:03 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
I expect Charlotte are offering their lottery pick this summer. Probably top 2-3 protected.

They have nothing else on their roster to offer outside of MKG.

« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2012, 10:22:33 AM »

Offline CelticHooligan3

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130
I expect Charlotte are offering their lottery pick this summer. Probably top 2-3 protected.

Is the lottery pick and MKG package better than what the Celts can offer? Because im leaning towards "No".

« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2012, 10:43:42 AM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386

Is the lottery pick and MKG package better than what the Celts can offer? Because im leaning towards "No".

MKG and a top pick, one to 5, is a big time offer IMO.  don't think the bobcats should do it.  mullens and a top pick with Henderson and Taylor is better for Charlotte,and not bad for the kings if they're that fed up Cousins' attitude...