Author Topic: Bobcats Preparing Offer For Cousins  (Read 9776 times)

Re: Bobcats Preparing Offer For Cousins
« Reply #30 on: December 31, 2012, 03:20:35 PM »

Offline rutzan

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 85
http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=61298.30

this is exactly what I said yesterday...

the "X" factor may be fegan...if i'm fegan and looking for a big pay day for both him and cousins on the next contract...then...i want to place him somewhere where he has the best chance to succeed...the worst thing that could happen for fegan and cousins is to be stuck somewhere where the team does not succeed...and...more to the point...cousins needs to be in a situation where he will grow and learn how to be a professional from doc, garnett, pierce, terry, rondo...i can already see the raised eyebrows with the inclusion of rondo...can you see cousins in kg's face...who do you think will back down first...cousins needs to be in an environment where he will grow...and...i think fegan knows this

« Reply #31 on: December 31, 2012, 03:21:05 PM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 587
A source of a source of a source says it will come down to Boston, Dallas, Orlando, or Charlotte (or nothing too, I guess).

http://bit.ly/TZuS3M

TP for the source of a source of a source.

Among these 4, Boston and Dallas are the only ones who would theoretically be put in a position to compete better with Cousins.

Wow, the title of the article says Fegan wants Cousins to go to Boston. If that's really the case then it's pretty much set in stone that we will get him.

Just saw the title. If thats true that really helps us. I dont see why his agent wouldn't want him here out of those 4, Celtics really do have the best chance to contend with him.

« Reply #32 on: December 31, 2012, 03:26:18 PM »

Offline AB_Celtic

• DKC Commish
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 460
A source of a source of a source says it will come down to Boston, Dallas, Orlando, or Charlotte (or nothing too, I guess).

http://bit.ly/TZuS3M

TP for the source of a source of a source.

Among these 4, Boston and Dallas are the only ones who would theoretically be put in a position to compete better with Cousins.

Wow, the title of the article says Fegan wants Cousins to go to Boston. If that's really the case then it's pretty much set in stone that we will get him.

Just saw the title. If thats true that really helps us. I dont see why his agent wouldn't want him here out of those 4, Celtics really do have the best chance to contend with him.

Regarding the title, I think the folks at CelticsLife conveniently left out that they were aiming for any of those four teams; only listing the C's to add hype. There's no mention in the actual article of preference to the Celtics.

« Reply #33 on: December 31, 2012, 03:30:08 PM »

Offline AB_Celtic

• DKC Commish
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 460
C's hesitant to include Bradley in the deal, which makes me happy.

http://www.celticslife.com/2012/12/celtics-see-avery-bradley-as.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

So the Celtics are very much in on Cousins, but are hesitant to trade the one guy who might get the trade done.

« Reply #34 on: December 31, 2012, 03:49:38 PM »

Offline rutzan

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 85
what did red always say about big men? 

we've even heard doc say that 7-footers do not grow on trees...

talent wins in the NBA...period. 

here is my own little scale...i will preface this by saying that many will object for various reasons...it is not scientific enough, etc:

1: Superstar
2: All-Star
3: Starter
4: Rotation Player
5: End of the Bench

DMC is a 1.5
if he gets his head screwed on right...and...i know that is a big if...he will be a dominant big man for 10 years with 5 to 10 All-Star appearances

AB is a 2.5
he will be a solid player...borderline All-Star...prob make 2-3 All-Star appearances

Sully is a 2.5
he will be a solid player...borderline All-Star...prob make 1-2 All-Star appearances...glue guy...

« Reply #35 on: December 31, 2012, 04:02:34 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016

here is my own little scale...i will preface this by saying that many will object for various reasons...it is not scientific enough, etc:

DMC is a 1.5
if he gets his head screwed on right...and...i know that is a big if...he will be a dominant big man for 10 years with 5 to 10 All-Star appearances

AB is a 2.5
he will be a solid player...borderline All-Star...prob make 2-3 All-Star appearances

Sully is a 2.5
he will be a solid player...borderline All-Star...prob make 1-2 All-Star appearances...glue guy...

I like your scale, but it's backwards.  Should be:

5 stars: Superstar
4 stars: All-Star
3 stars: Starter
2 stars: Rotation Player
1 star: End of the Bench

... Like in video games. 

Which would make Cousins like a 3.5 right now and maybe a 4.5 potential.

KG in his prime was a 5... now he's a 4.
Pierce in his absolute prime may have been a 4.5, but it was short lived... he's been a 4 for most of his career and is inching towards 3.5.
Ray in his absolute prime was a 4.5... now he's a 2.5
Rondo is a 4.  His stats often suggest otherwise, but he's a 4.
Terry is life long 2.5
Bass is a 2 ->  2.5
Sully is a 2 right now with a potential anywhere between 2.5 and 3.
Lee is a 2.5
Barbosa is a 2 -> 2.5
Bradley is a 2.5 right now with a max potential of a 3.5.  THough some here see him as having 4 potential.  A few more see him as having 4.5 potential, but that's just homers being homers.
Fab Melo is a 0.5 right now probably with a max potential of 3 (Perkins was about the same).
Jeff Green is a 3 with 3.5 potential

« Last Edit: December 31, 2012, 04:14:21 PM by LarBrd33 »

« Reply #36 on: December 31, 2012, 04:09:01 PM »

Offline ScottHow

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 354
  • It's what I do! It's who I am!

http://www.celticslife.com/2012/12/celtics-see-avery-bradley-as.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

So the Celtics are very much in on Cousins, but are hesitant to trade the one guy who might get the trade done.

Blah.

Bradley as a cornerstone?? That's a stretch.

I hate to see the Celtics pass on Cousins because they are in love with an undersized shooting guard who played well for a month or two.

« Reply #37 on: December 31, 2012, 04:15:34 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
Did you guys read DA's The Morning Tip article today?

Lots of stuff in their about Cousins while they publicly say hes not being traded the thought is he could be they are about done with him. The deal if it were to get done would include Bradley, Sully and Melo.
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #38 on: December 31, 2012, 04:20:01 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016

DMC is a 1.5

AB is a 2.5

Sully is a 2.5

I like your scale, but it's backwards.  Should be:

5 stars: Superstar
4 stars: All-Star
3 stars: Starter
2 stars: Rotation Player
1 star: End of the Bench

... Like in video games. 

Which would make Cousins like a 3.5 right now and maybe a 4.5 potential.

KG in his prime was a 5... now he's a 4.
Pierce in his absolute prime may have been a 4.5, but it was short lived... he's been a 4 for most of his career and is inching towards 3.5.
Ray in his absolute prime was a 4.5... now he's a 2.5
Rondo is a 4.  His stats often suggest otherwise, but he's a 4.
Terry is life long 2.5
Bass is a 2 ->  2.5
Sully is a 2 right now with a potential anywhere between 2.5 and 3.
Lee is a 2.5
Barbosa is a 2 -> 2.5
Bradley is a 2.5 right now with a max potential of a 3.5.  THough some here see him as having 4 potential.  A few more see him as having 4.5 potential, but that's just homers being homers.
Fab Melo is a 0.5 right now probably with a max potential of 3 (Perkins was about the same).
Jeff Green is a 3 with 3.5 potential

If you're keeping track at home..  here's our roster:

PG - Rondo - 4 stars
SG - Lee - 2.5 stars
SF - Pierce - 4 stars
PF - KG - 4 stars
C - Collins - 1 star
----
SF - Green - 3 stars
PF - Bass - 2.5 stars
SG - Terry - 2.5 stars
SG - Bradley - 2.5 stars
SG - Barbosa - 2.5 stars
PF - Sullinger - 2 stars

... Hence why I've been saying this roster "made no sense" since prior to the season starting and hence why our current struggles were predictable.

It's why you'd give up pretty much anything outside of Rondo to get a young 3.5 Center with 4.5 star potential.... and why it's highly unlikely our talent is valuable enough to land one. 

Real Talk With LarBrd33
« Last Edit: December 31, 2012, 04:26:10 PM by LarBrd33 »

« Reply #39 on: December 31, 2012, 04:24:30 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja

Blah.

I hate to see the Celtics pass on Cousins because they are in love with an undersized shooting guard who played well for a month or two.

but by the same token, no one here wants to see the celtics trade away a young defensive star who can also score in order to bring in an immature head-case who refuses to play team ball.  ;D

there in lies the rub, and i have no real answer. is cousins capable of consistently playing for anyone save himself? maybe yes. maybe no. the nba has examples of players who matured, and those who never matured. but in the end, those examples dont matter since this is strictly up to cousins and he wont base his decision upon what other players did or did not do years ago.

we should keep in mind that the sole reason cousins is possibly available now is because he has proven to his current team that he is unwilling, or unable, to be a team player. it is hard to get a bigger red flag than that.

in any case, i hope the celtics hold onto bradley should a deal go down. i hope they can keep sullinger too, but if sullinger is necessary in a deal to get cousins, i can see why ainge would do it.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #40 on: December 31, 2012, 04:26:55 PM »

Offline ScottHow

• Don Chaney

Blah.

but by the same token, no one here wants to see the celtics trade away a young defensive star who can also score for an immature head-case who would refuse to play team ball.  ;D

there in lies the rub, and i have no real answer. is cousins capable of consistently playing for anyone save himself? maybe yes. maybe no. the nba has examples of players who matured, and those who never matured. but in the end, those examples dont matter since this is strictly up to cousins and he wont base his decision upon what other players did or did not do years ago.

we should keep in mind that the sole reason cousins is possibly available now is because he has proven to his current team that he is unwilling, or unable, to be a team player. it is hard to get a bigger red flag than that.

in any case, i hope the celtics hold onto bradley should a deal go down. i hope they can keep sullinger too, but if sullinger is necessary in a deal to get cousins, i can see why ainge would do it.

I also would love for the Celtics to hold on too Bradley and Sully. I have to say I'm becoming a Sully fan boy, lol. But for Cousins, I'd trade both no problem, just my opinion.

« Reply #41 on: December 31, 2012, 05:11:19 PM »

Offline crownontherocks

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 86
DeMarcus Cousins returned from his indefinite suspension earlier than the team had expected.

Cousins arrived for a Christmas Eve practice.

"When he apologized to the team, two players stood up and said, 'We've heard this bull[bleep] before,'" the source said. "'You're either going to be with us, or you're not. We don't want to hear any more excuses.'"

The Kings have tried to persuade Cousins to enter counseling.

Via David Aldridge/NBA.com

Seems like the locker room is turning against them. And i see the kings trading him instead of holding on to him. I dont expect anything to happen after  jan 15 when other players can be traded

« Reply #42 on: December 31, 2012, 05:46:44 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
David Aldridge:

Many execs around the league have the Celtics and Pistons at the top of the list of Cousins admirers, even after this latest episode. The Boston Scenario goes like this: surely Cousins would straighten up and fly right if he was surrounded by winners; if he had Doc Rivers barking in one ear and KG barking in the other, he'd have no choice but to give in to the Mystique.

Okay.

Still, the Celtics are willing to take the gamble, according to another league source, and embrace the challenge of keeping Cousins on the right path. But if Petrie can't add any payroll, it's hard to see a scenario with Boston that would be enticing for the Kings, unless they're enamored with rookies Jared Sullinger or Fab Melo as centerpieces of a deal.
Including guard Avery Bradley might get a conversation going, but the Cs love Bradley's two-way game and have imagined him a cornerstone of their rebuild; Bradley's rapid development the second half of last season before his shoulder injuries put him on the shelf in the playoffs made it much easier for Boston to absorb Ray Allen's departure.

« Reply #43 on: December 31, 2012, 05:54:06 PM »

Offline ScottHow

• Don Chaney
David Aldridge:

Many execs around the league have the Celtics and Pistons at the top of the list of Cousins admirers, even after this latest episode. The Boston Scenario goes like this: surely Cousins would straighten up and fly right if he was surrounded by winners; if he had Doc Rivers barking in one ear and KG barking in the other, he'd have no choice but to give in to the Mystique.

Okay.

Still, the Celtics are willing to take the gamble, according to another league source, and embrace the challenge of keeping Cousins on the right path. But if Petrie can't add any payroll, it's hard to see a scenario with Boston that would be enticing for the Kings, unless they're enamored with rookies Jared Sullinger or Fab Melo as centerpieces of a deal.
Including guard Avery Bradley might get a conversation going, but the Cs love Bradley's two-way game and have imagined him a cornerstone of their rebuild; Bradley's rapid development the second half of last season before his shoulder injuries put him on the shelf in the playoffs made it much easier for Boston to absorb Ray Allen's departure.

Pistons huh? I'd assume that means they'd be willing to give up Drummond? And go with a Monroe, Cousins front court.(that's nasty)

« Reply #44 on: December 31, 2012, 06:05:05 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!

Blah.

To play devil's advocate: this could also be the Celtics' PR trying to increase Avery's value to the team to increase his trade value.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman