Author Topic: What movies have you walked out of?  (Read 49487 times)

Re: What movies have you walked out of?
« Reply #60 on: April 09, 2009, 08:20:38 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
Wow, I think Royal Tennenbaums is a classic.  I can't recall walking out of a movie at a theater because I only go to movies I think are going to be good.  However, dvd rentals are another matter.  A lot of time I rent dvd's just to kill time, so I prematurely quit on maybe 40% of them.  The last horrible one was a pretty new to dvd Robert Deniro movie that was supposed to be a comedy.  Ooh it was torture until I stopped it.

« Reply #61 on: April 09, 2009, 08:34:23 AM »

Offline celts55

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 574
Sex in the City. I didn't really want to go but the show was kind of funny so I figured, what the heck. Awful, awful, awful, movie.

« Reply #62 on: April 09, 2009, 09:27:45 AM »

Offline wil

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 88
Dumb and Dumber the second time i saw it.  Yes, I know everyone will disagree with me, but I am NOT a fan of that movie.

« Reply #63 on: April 09, 2009, 09:29:41 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Sorority Boys. Even drunk I couldn't go through it.

« Reply #64 on: April 09, 2009, 09:32:45 AM »

Offline Celtics17

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 108
There are a ton of realy bad movies out anymore. The overall quality has fallen so dramatically while the prices have gone up and it's a bad mixture. I feel sorry for today's youth who have to not only endure poor movies but also have to listen to rap music. At least they are getting to see some fantastic Celtics basketball.

« Reply #65 on: April 09, 2009, 09:45:51 AM »

Offline MattG12

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 997
  • PEACE
Ghost Rider and The Devil's Rejects (sorry Redz).

That's ok...I walked out of some stupid maestro themed movie too  >:(

The Devils Reject is by no means a "good" movie, I just enjoyed some of the characters.  Captain Spaulding especially.

I completely disagree with you Redz, The Devil's Rejects is an excellent movie.

On a side note, my tattoo artist has Sid Haig's (Captain Spaulding) autograph on a Devil's Rejects poster on a table in his office.

« Reply #66 on: April 09, 2009, 09:52:48 AM »

Offline biggs

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 71
Didn't walk out, but only because I just shelled out 25$ and remained stubborn, but tropic thunder=Worst movie of all time!
Truuuuuuuuuth!

« Reply #67 on: April 09, 2009, 10:04:23 AM »

Offline CDawg834

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 57
Never walked out of a movie, but only got through 30 minutes of "Guess Who" with Ashton Kutcher and Bernie Mac before turning the DVD off.  Literally 30 minutes of a "comedy" movie and I laughed only once, and even that was borderline.  And remember kids, blatant racism is funny when it's the black guy doing it!  But honestly that wouldn't have bothered me at all if the racial humor was actually, you know, funny. 

« Reply #68 on: April 09, 2009, 10:23:42 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
I've never walked out of a movie in the theater, although my dad almost did when we saw 1. Dark Man and 2. L.A. Confidential (agree on Dark Man, strongly disagree on L.A. Confidential).

There are a lot of movies I've rented that I had a hard time getting through, though.  I attempted to watch The English Patient probably four times, and couldn't get through.  I kept falling asleep during Citizen Kane, but finally made it to the end.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #69 on: April 09, 2009, 10:38:54 AM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200
I've never walked out of a movie in the theater, although my dad almost did when we saw 1. Dark Man and 2. L.A. Confidential (agree on Dark Man, strongly disagree on L.A. Confidential).

There are a lot of movies I've rented that I had a hard time getting through, though.  I attempted to watch The English Patient probably four times, and couldn't get through.  I kept falling asleep during Citizen Kane, but finally made it to the end.

I've been made to watch Citizen Kane about a dozen times, and while I'm FULLY aware it had some breakthrough techniques in cinematography, I find it to be one of the most boring movies I've ever seen.

« Reply #70 on: April 09, 2009, 11:01:10 AM »

Offline Stu

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 44
I got so bored watching "The New World" that I turned it off after about 45 minutes.

« Reply #71 on: April 09, 2009, 12:01:03 PM »

Offline celts55

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 574
Dumb and Dumber the second time i saw it.  Yes, I know everyone will disagree with me, but I am NOT a fan of that movie.

So I've got to ask, why did you go to see it a second time? And for what it worth, I don't disagree with you.

« Reply #72 on: April 09, 2009, 12:03:19 PM »

Offline RAcker

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 69
  • Law mercy!
As a film school graduate, there are many that I have wanted to walk out of, but I just never have.  This includes Weird Al's UHF.   ;D

« Reply #73 on: April 09, 2009, 03:43:05 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
The only time I ever did that was when I was like 2 and the astronaughts in ET scared me too much and I had to leave, but I went back the next week

When you were two years old you had the cognitive and physical maturity to decide that the movie was too scary and to get up and leave?  Impressive!  ;)

No. It's more like I was scared out of my mind and probably crying, possibly loudly, and my dad was like "Is it too scary? Do you want to leave?" and I was like "yeah". But he talked me into going back and I got to see the happy ending

« Reply #74 on: April 09, 2009, 03:45:39 PM »

Offline SSFan V

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 177

The only movies I "walk out of" lately are the one's my kids deem too boring or scary. 

I should say that the only movies I "walk into" are ones that are either animated, star talking animals or both.   :-\
sometimes you have to bite your lip, exhale and move on.  So, I have.