Author Topic: Boston/Philly deal supposedly agreed upon; to be completed on Monday  (Read 41301 times)

Re: Boston/Philly deal supposedly agreed upon; to be completed on Monday
« Reply #105 on: June 17, 2017, 11:02:15 PM »

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 307
https://twitter.com/SeanDeveney/status/876267194878971904?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fbleacherreport.com%2Fboston-celtics

Celtics and Sixers trade is nearly there. Will set up Sixers to take Fultz, but most league execs say Celtics are not done dealing

And this being a precursor trade for Butler/George is looking more and more likely.

Ugh.

If we trade a fist-full of top picks for a year of Paul George I'm going to be ill.

So let's say George costs something like Bradley, the 3rd pick, and the top-3 or so protected Sacramento pick as the principal pieces, would you not be okay with that?

We'd be adding Paul George now plus adding an additional shot at a top-5 pick next year in a draft loaded with frontcourt players, which we desperately need.

I'm probably still leaning more towards keeping Fultz, but it's hard to be too mad in that scenario.

Paul George is an expiring contract and I do not trust him to re-sign in Boston, so no, I'm not okay with that.

Eh, he's not leaving a Boston team with IT, Hayward (who seems pretty much destined for Boston at this point - has to be a reason Danny went this route), and Horford to go to the freaking Lakers.

People misinterpreted him this season. He said he wants to be playing for the Lakers if he's not contending for a championship. Sure, he'd like to win while playing in LA, but that's just not going to happen anytime soon.

PG is a legitimate MVP-type talent, especially on a Boston team with several other All-Star level players to help him out.
Where are you getting this notion that we can carry 4 max contracts?

« Reply #106 on: June 17, 2017, 11:02:33 PM »

Offline SCeltic34

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2004
https://twitter.com/KeithSmithNBA/status/876269580091621376?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fbleacherreport.com%2Fboston-celtics

Multiple NBA sources believe Celtics are working on another deal. One told me: "Who cares about the protections? They aren't keeping them."

I'm still not comfortable with this given Golden States stranglehold on the league in years to come.  The ability to build upon Brown and our other young players in addition to our high draft picks was key moving forward in my opinion.

But I'll give Ainge the benefit of the doubt... for now.  He does not lose trades, and he's always thinking one step ahead.

« Reply #107 on: June 17, 2017, 11:02:37 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 661
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Been waiting for Boston to make a big trade for a long time...not getting my hopes up

All Ainge did was bolster the 76ers as a division power

« Reply #108 on: June 17, 2017, 11:02:37 PM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
https://twitter.com/SeanDeveney/status/876267194878971904?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fbleacherreport.com%2Fboston-celtics

Celtics and Sixers trade is nearly there. Will set up Sixers to take Fultz, but most league execs say Celtics are not done dealing

And this being a precursor trade for Butler/George is looking more and more likely.

Ugh.

If we trade a fist-full of top picks for a year of Paul George I'm going to be ill.

So let's say George costs something like Bradley, the 3rd pick, and the top-3 or so protected Sacramento pick as the principal pieces, would you not be okay with that?

We'd be adding Paul George now plus adding an additional shot at a top-5 pick next year in a draft loaded with frontcourt players, which we desperately need.

I'm probably still leaning more towards keeping Fultz, but it's hard to be too mad in that scenario.

Paul George is an expiring contract and I do not trust him to re-sign in Boston, so no, I'm not okay with that.
Paul George is an infamous liar and has deeep character problems. Take his word for it. I'm sure we could call his ex gf's/wifer and ask how good his word is.

« Reply #109 on: June 17, 2017, 11:02:57 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
We also get Sacramento pick?

« Reply #110 on: June 17, 2017, 11:03:54 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
People from Liberty Ballers are elated.

https://www.libertyballers.com/2017/6/17/15825478/2017-nba-draft-sixers-trade-no-1-pick-with-boston-celtics-finalized-monday-no-3-pick-markelle-fultz

It makes me sick to my stomach even more...

It's amazing to me that the Sixers acquired the major assets for this trade by trading MCW and taking on the salary of Jason Thompson and Carl Landry.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #111 on: June 17, 2017, 11:04:06 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2934

https://www.libertyballers.com/2017/6/17/15825478/2017-nba-draft-sixers-trade-no-1-pick-with-boston-celtics-finalized-monday-no-3-pick-markelle-fultz

I mean, most of them are also claiming that both the LA and Sacramento picks are protected, and the Sacramento one is like top-10 or something.

They're out of their minds. No way Ainge makes that deal. The protections are going to be very minimal.

« Reply #112 on: June 17, 2017, 11:04:26 PM »

Offline SCeltic34

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2004
By the way it's pretty sad in this day and age that a message board can't handle a decent amount of traffic.  I'm still getting loading errors.

When is this Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline. going to be fixed?

« Reply #113 on: June 17, 2017, 11:04:44 PM »

Offline Jiri Welsch

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 349
How long until the details of the trade come out re: protections?

« Reply #114 on: June 17, 2017, 11:04:47 PM »

Online BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
If we trade Bradley, Zeller, and #3 for Jimmy Butler, how much cap space do we have after renouncing all of our FA including KO?

I doubt the deal would go down like that. Better to agree to a deal for Butler in principle, sign a FA, sign the #3 pick, and then trade for Butler
I'm bitter.

« Reply #115 on: June 17, 2017, 11:05:08 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Any way we can trade these picks and Ainge for Bird?

« Reply #116 on: June 17, 2017, 11:05:19 PM »

Offline GetLucky

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 349

It's amazing to me that the Sixers acquired the major assets for this trade by trading MCW and taking on the salary of Jason Thompson and Carl Landry.

It's almost as if Sam Hinkie was a great GM...

« Reply #117 on: June 17, 2017, 11:05:29 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Future Draft Picks, Trade Assets, and Cap Space.

The new Big 3.

Man, can't wait to see those guys tear up the league.

There's nothing more fun than being able to talk about what we might be able to someday do with all these assets.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #118 on: June 17, 2017, 11:05:35 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
What irks me of even more is even with a trade, we won't beat the Warriors anyway.

I don't understand why can't we build the superteam of the future, and instead help Philadelphia build their own. For what, to win the East and get squashed by Golden State. In the meantime, we could be maxing out a total of FOUR players in the next two years.

Why can't we just compete with a Free Agent signing, along with Fultz, Jaylen and the 2018 pick, while developing those young guys prepping them for the future.

God, this deal is becoming more bitter to me the more I think about it.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #119 on: June 17, 2017, 11:05:47 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 661
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Really think Ainge just likes collecting picks. Never does anything with them but trade for more picks