Author Topic: Celtics chances decrease after Smart and Tatum injuries  (Read 2319 times)

Re: Celtics chances decrease after Smart and Tatum injuries
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2019, 08:28:51 PM »

Online Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
By all accounts Tatum's ok, and we lose Smart for the first round...which means our replacement is the guy who's started at SG for most of the last two seasons, and who had a terrific playoffs last year while averaging 18ppg?

And then to replace Tatum, if he's still limited, we have a former All-Star who's been coming off the bench and averaging 18/6/4 on 65% shooting in his last several games, and actually playing a hell of a lot better than Tatum in most ways. Or the guy who started most games at PF for us this year and played well.

I mean, it isn't great that we have these injuries, but we are about as well-positioned to absorb them as anyone. I'd rather replace Smart with JB than Irving with Rozier, and even that worked out ok last year.

« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2019, 08:58:33 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1370
Let's not slit wrists. We're not a one man team. At this stage of the season you have to be prepared to deal with injuries. That's why you have depth. Smart is a loss but we lost Kyrie and Gordon last season and got over it. Next man up.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2019, 09:04:38 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Tatum is hopeful for game 1 and will likely play.

Title is just a tad misleading.