Author Topic: Timelord's 3rd Year Option Picked Up  (Read 2346 times)

Re: Celtics pick up third-year option on Timelord
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2019, 09:07:51 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
He's shown he can be a rotation player in the regular season so far this year. So picking up his option years is to be expected.

Still has a long way to go but being able to get minutes so he can learn is a big step.

« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2019, 09:22:41 AM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318
I've been critical of Timelord for a long time now but no question he's been putting in good minutes this year.

Hope he continues to improve. I agree that a developed Robert Williams might be the best option for a legitimate, +Athlete big man on this team. Dunks like the one he had last night just feel like they mean more than 2 points and he is not far off being a capable distributor option out of the mid post.

« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2019, 10:05:34 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
I've been critical of Timelord for a long time now but no question he's been putting in good minutes this year.

Hope he continues to improve. I agree that a developed Robert Williams might be the best option for a legitimate, +Athlete big man on this team. Dunks like the one he had last night just feel like they mean more than 2 points and he is not far off being a capable distributor option out of the mid post.
You don't need him to distribute, he doesn't have much of a post game or a shot to run stuff through him.

Just be able to make a good read when they take away the paint on rotation. He's shown good flashes of that and its a huge plus to his offensive value. A lot of players of his profile lose a lot of offensive value because they just turn it over when the rotation comes in time.

« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2019, 10:40:35 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 421
I wish Williams developed a respectable jump shot, but I'm okay with him being able to stretch the defense by using his athleticism to catch gravity defying lobs. He also seems to have a great knack for making smart passes, and honestly if he can actually somehow hone his working mid range jumpshot, I don't see why he can't develop a 3 in like 4-5 years down the line, similar to Al Horford's trajectory, minus the fact Horford took quite longer.

I'm glad he's here. I know people don't think Grant Williams is our future PF, but if both the Williams can develop more defensive focus, I can see them both being our future starting frontcourt.

I'm not sure either player is the future starter but I'm confident both are capable of being one of the key 7-8 guys on a championship team
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet