Author Topic: Celtics (4-3) at Raptors (1-4) Game #8 1/4/21  (Read 32867 times)

Re: Celtics (4-3) at Raptors (1-4) Game #8 1/4/21
« Reply #345 on: January 05, 2021, 05:23:26 AM »

Offline Rikibellevie

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 282
126 points vs TOR's 4th best defense.

PP was a steal at 28. Very poised with the dribble even against top defenders.

Raptors took Flynn at 28.
Mea Culpa.  After yesterday's action, PP is 1st among rookies so far in total minutes and 4th in total points. Handles pressure well, good handles, and his passing will improve with experience.

Could he actually win Rookie of the Year? So excited for this kid. Finally we have our PG of the future.

No, even with his playing time during Kemba injury, even after a wonderfull match like he did he is still quiet far statisticly behind Edwards or Ball, the fight will be beetwin this two probably. Even with Hayes struggling, the first rookie team will also be hard to reach with Ball and Edwards almost locked and Halliburton producing also good in his playing time.

« Reply #346 on: January 05, 2021, 12:45:42 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
I didn't realize how dramatic this was until I saw the highlight and Scals reaction  ;D

Brad = OMG.  And Tatum looks like he is upset someone woke him up from his nap...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3Qx_NU4zoI
« Last Edit: January 05, 2021, 12:52:23 PM by Tr1boy »

« Reply #347 on: January 05, 2021, 01:18:39 PM »

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 306
126 points vs TOR's 4th best defense.

PP was a steal at 28. Very poised with the dribble even against top defenders.

Raptors took Flynn at 28.
Mea Culpa.  After yesterday's action, PP is 1st among rookies so far in total minutes and 4th in total points. Handles pressure well, good handles, and his passing will improve with experience.

Could he actually win Rookie of the Year? So excited for this kid. Finally we have our PG of the future.

No, even with his playing time during Kemba injury, even after a wonderfull match like he did he is still quiet far statisticly behind Edwards or Ball, the fight will be beetwin this two probably. Even with Hayes struggling, the first rookie team will also be hard to reach with Ball and Edwards almost locked and Halliburton producing also good in his playing time.
Wiseman has a leg up on all of them because he'll be playing meaningful minutes come playoff time, the rest are on garbage teams that won't be competing for anything.

PP continues to play at a high level and Kemba winds up missing a majority of the season, he has a very good chance to get in the mix.

« Reply #348 on: January 05, 2021, 01:22:48 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
Hate that Jaylen and Tatum have to play heavy minutes so far to start the season.

Feels like we have had a lot of back-to-backs and stretches where we have like 3 games in a span of just 4 days. And with Kemba and a few others out at times it’s forcing some guys like Jaylen + Tatum to play more.

Hope they don’t get very tired legs soon and that they can rest up when they can.

Appreciate and share some of the concern, but these guys are young.  I can't vacuum without turning an ankle.

Lol I'm two days older than Tatum but while I feel fit + fairly athletic, I probably wouldn't have the same stamina as NBA players who are able to play like 40+ minutes a game (especially high-intensity playoffs) :P

It's also that they play like 65-70 combined minutes in a span of two days, only get one day off and come back to play another 35+. Got to be exhausting after some time.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #349 on: January 05, 2021, 02:44:33 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Celtics leading the league in games played with 8 and are tied for the league lead with 5 road games with another road game tomorrow.

It's been a fairly tough schedule thus far. After tomorrow's game they will have played 9 games in 15 days. That's ridiculous. If they finish those 9 games at 6-3, without Kemba and Romeo and a game like yesterday with Smart and Teague, too, I think that's an incredible start.

« Reply #350 on: January 05, 2021, 02:44:59 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
Hate that Jaylen and Tatum have to play heavy minutes so far to start the season.

Feels like we have had a lot of back-to-backs and stretches where we have like 3 games in a span of just 4 days. And with Kemba and a few others out at times it’s forcing some guys like Jaylen + Tatum to play more.

Hope they don’t get very tired legs soon and that they can rest up when they can.

Appreciate and share some of the concern, but these guys are young.  I can't vacuum without turning an ankle.

Lol I'm two days older than Tatum but while I feel fit + fairly athletic, I probably wouldn't have the same stamina as NBA players who are able to play like 40+ minutes a game (especially high-intensity playoffs) :P

It's also that they play like 65-70 combined minutes in a span of two days, only get one day off and come back to play another 35+. Got to be exhausting after some time.
Don't forget that they work out and scrimmage at a pretty high intensity off the court as well. Most of us younger lads would feel knackered after just one of those things :laugh:
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #351 on: January 06, 2021, 09:54:21 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 549
Wrong Thread