Author Topic: recent Clippers teams as possible rotation model  (Read 2622 times)

Re: recent Clippers teams as possible rotation model
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2020, 09:47:11 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 421
This site has a long tradition of discussing the rotation of the team and people always go to putting minutes down as part of that. Of course, then some people complain about posts saying, well you have no time built in for player so and so.

Thing is, missed games due to injury or rest and blowouts happen. Getting sat for matchup purposes happen. They happen all the time. So does foul trouble. And so players are always going to find minutes that would be beyond the rigid calculation of the rotational minute breakdown given by posters.

Just look at last year. Theis averaged 24 MPG. Kanter 17. Timelord 13.5. That's 54.5 minutes of center play in a 48 minute game and doesn't even account for the MPG that Grant put in at center.

Yes, ideally, everyone is healthy all year. The Celtics won't ever get in foul trouble. And the games will be close enough that Theis and Thompson both average 24 MPG and so Timelord gets zero minutes. But we know that's not going to happen.

Timelord will get minutes this year even though it looks like Theis and Thompson will gobble up all those minutes. And when he does if he excels, he'll get even more minutes. I think Timelord is the best athlete with the most talent out of our centers. He just has to go out and develop that talent to the fullest and when he gets the chance, and he will, he has to shine. He does that and he'll force his way into the rotation and get even bigger minutes.

I agree Timelord will get minutes as the 3rd center by way of injuries and foul trouble. The matchup minutes are less likely to be available because unlike Kanter Thompson wont be played off the court by matchups.

My point in laying out the "when healthy" rotation was to highlight what could potentially by Thomspon and Teague's best usage for the Cs.   
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet