Author Topic: Sixers Draft  (Read 2222 times)

Sixers Draft
« on: May 19, 2010, 05:37:00 PM »

Offline jay

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 50
The Sixers have a chance to have a solid top 6 in Dalembert, Brand, Young, Igoudala, Turner, and Holiday. 

Do you think they trade Young or Brand?  Will Mareese Speights develop into a good backup big for them?  Louis Williams gives them versatility. 

If they draft Turner and hire the right coach, is that a good enough team to challenge the Celtics in the next two years?

Re: Sixers Draft
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2010, 05:42:34 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 659
  • MASTER OF PANIC
think they keep them all...that is a nice young team

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2010, 06:04:17 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
I think they need to get rid of Brand asap so they can develop Speights and Young more, but they're in a good position at the moment.

Holliday, Turner, Iguodala, Speights, Dalembert, Young, Williams is indeed a really nice young group.  Dalembert of course isn't ideal but he rebounds and blocks shots well.  They need him because a Young / Speights front-court would be too short.  

I don't think the Sixers will be very good for a while, but in a few years (and maybe another couple mid to high 1st round picks) and they could rise towards the top.

Looking like the best Eastern teams of the next decade could be the Sixers, Wizards, Bulls, Magic, Nets and whoever ends up with the best FA combo this summer (my guess is the Heat).  Celtics could be among that group if Rondo continues to wow even after the Big 3 are done, and if Danny does a good job with the rebuilding process over the next few years.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2010, 06:10:11 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be
think they keep them all...that is a nice young team

I know you're a big Turner fan so maybe you can help me out with this, celticinorlando.

You don't think there is maybe too much overlap in style/size with Turner and Iggy?  Do you believe they'd be compatible or too similiar?

I wouldn't be shocked if Philly shopped around Iggy if they got Turner but maybe you or someone else can correct me on this?

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2010, 07:47:40 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
I think you couldplay Turner at the 2 and Iggy at the 3, but Iggy is undersized.  No way Turner can play SF in the pros.  He is pretty much a Brandon Roy clone both in size and style of play. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2010, 08:00:13 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be
I think you couldplay Turner at the 2 and Iggy at the 3, but Iggy is undersized.  No way Turner can play SF in the pros.  He is pretty much a Brandon Roy clone both in size and style of play. 

My gut just tells me that there is too much redundency in the games of Turner and Iggy.

IMO, it might be in Philly's best interests to shop Iggy and that contract of his.   See if someone like Minnesota will bite.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2010, 08:12:46 PM »

Offline bruinsandceltics

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 130
  • ANYTHING is posssiiibbbbllee

My gut just tells me that there is too much redundency in the games of Turner and Iggy.

IMO, it might be in Philly's best interests to shop Iggy and that contract of his.   See if someone like Minnesota will bite.

Oh, I would love to get Iggy from the Sixers. He would be a very good young piece for the future but I don't think we would have nearly enough to get him. The only way we would ever have a chance at him is if we were to take on Brand's ugly contract too.

Alright back to reality, just me dreaming here.

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2010, 09:04:41 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 659
  • MASTER OF PANIC
i think turner and iggy can co exist.....turner's best spot at OSU was SG but he can play some SF if needed. He is 6'7 and is very long. they might shop iggy b/c i think they want out from his contract more than anything. but i would expect turner starts at SG for the sixers

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2010, 09:08:39 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
i think turner and iggy can co exist.....turner's best spot at OSU was SG but he can play some SF if needed. He is 6'7 and is very long. they might shop iggy b/c i think they want out from his contract more than anything. but i would expect turner starts at SG for the sixers

Yeah Turner has size on Brandon Roy. Roy plays some SF too for that matter.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2010, 07:53:44 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
The rumor on ESPN is that the 76er might look to trade AI2 to get under the tax.  They would rather move Brand or Dalembert, but who would want those terrible contracts?