Author Topic: WCF: LA vs PHO - "Guarding Kobe"  (Read 1692 times)

WCF: LA vs PHO - "Guarding Kobe"
« on: May 17, 2010, 03:28:03 PM »

Offline LB3533

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 315
I feel for the Suns to win the WCF they will need to shut down an ailing & injured Kobe Bryant.

The Suns cannot afford to have a hurt Kobe average 30 points per game like he did against the Jazz.

The Suns strategy to guard Kobe should be to double Bryant with the Grant Hill/Jared Dudley/JRich combos. (Steve Nash should not leave Fisher for any reason whatsoever).

The Suns should live with Ron Artest chucking open 3's as opposed to Fisher for open 3's.

Doubling Bryant will do 2 important things. 1.) Kobe will not be comfortable like he was against the Jazz. 2.) The ball will be out of Kobe's hands.

With Bryant, somewhat neutralized, the Suns will only need to worry about Gasol in the low/high post. One player can not win a playoff series by himself.

Re: WCF: LA vs PHO - "Guarding Kobe"
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2010, 05:37:04 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
On offense, I want to see J-Rich post up Kobe.  He has the size and strength to do that.  He also is too strong for Kobe to muscle him around the way he usually likes to.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2010, 01:24:19 AM »

Offline LB3533

• Antoine Walker
Well, no offense Grant Hill, but single coverage is not gonna do it against Kobe.

Kobe's not 100%, you can't let him feel as comfortable as he can when he is less than 100%.

You let Kobe go 1 on 1 and you can't stop the othe Lakers....then you really have no defense.

You might as well leave every other Laker open and just shut Kobe down completely with 5 guys on him.

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2010, 01:36:13 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
Kobe's hurt? His 40 pts in Game 1 beg to differ.

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2010, 01:37:00 AM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
Man, the Lakers really have a knack for exposing the Suns as a weak defensive team.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2010, 04:36:11 PM »

Offline LB3533

• Antoine Walker
Kobe's hurt? His 40 pts in Game 1 beg to differ.

Kobe is definitely hurt.

He has looked poorly on some offensive plays where his upper body would be at full speed but his legs wouldn't move, resulting in him slipping or tripping over the floor.

Yeah he dropped 40, but that was on single coverage. Hurt Kobe can still look all world against single coverage.

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2010, 04:41:42 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247
The Suns need to man up in the paint. Stop all those Laker layups - even with fouls. But they won't.

They're just playing a finesse game, and the Lakers are unstoppable in a finesse game because they have the biggest skilled players.

I originally thought the Suns would win a game or 2, Now I don't think they'll win any.