Author Topic: Mook lobbying for Markief on Twitter?  (Read 2552 times)

Mook lobbying for Markief on Twitter?
« on: February 11, 2019, 07:33:51 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
Jarred Weiss juxtaposed two tweets that were an hour apart.

The first on Mook’s Twitter:

[dang] I wish we was getting @Keefmorris because when he come back it’s going to get real crazy! Motivated and ready!!!! I’m calling it now!
3 hours ago
h

And this from  Chris Haynes’ Twitter:

Free agent forward Markieff Morris visited Dr. Watkins today in Los Angeles regarding his neck and has been cleared to play, his agent Rich Paul tells Yahoo Sports.
2 hours ago

Also says Fakers and Rox looking to sign him.

https://twitter.com/jaredweissnba/status/1095088011744870407?s=21

I know DA looking to sign buyout two two year MLE$$ to use as trade ballast for AD,  so this likely leaves Morris out .

Re: Mook lobbying for Markief on Twitter?
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2019, 07:35:44 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Wish we could clone Marcus morris somehow and sign the clone

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2019, 07:36:58 PM »

Online ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1362
He had said a few days ago that it would be fun to play with his brother again, but that the Celtics were loaded and his brother wants to play, not sit on the bench.

What Morris would really like is to have his brother in Boston for the Celtics’ playoff run. That, however, might be a tough sell.

“It’s just dependent on how he feels, because I know he wants to play,” Morris said. “He’s a guy that can contribute 25 minutes per game in this league and we’re loaded. So I’m not really sure how that might play out, so could be hard.”

“I think, think he’s too good not to be able to play 20-25 minutes,” Marcus said. “It’ll be exciting to see where he goes but, before (ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski) and all them know, I’ll be the first to know. Maybe I’ll leak it.”

https://www.masslive.com/celtics/2019/02/boston-celtics-marcus-morris-would-like-markieff-morris-in-boston-but-knows-he-wants-to-play.html
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2019, 07:41:27 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Yeah, the problem generally with the Celtics trying to sign anybody off the buyout market is that guys who get bought out want to play significant minutes.  They want increased exposure on playoff teams so they can have a better chance at getting paid this summer.

The Celtics already have a lot of guys on their roster who feel like they ought to get more minutes.  Players who get bought out certainly know that, so they're probably not going to be too keen on signing with the Celts.

The exception might be a big man, given the problems that Aron Baynes has had staying on the court.  But even when Baynes is out, the Celts often play small and they already have Theis, Williams, and Yabu that Brad might trust more.

I tend to think that Dewayne Dedmon or Kanter would be an upgrade on any of the guy currently in the depth chart behind Baynes and Horford, but the same might not be true of, say, Marcin Gortat or Robin Lopez.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2019, 07:53:06 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664

I like LarBird's idea of re-signing Marcus to a large contract after the season and Markief to a minimum.  They can split Marcus' money since they share a bank account anyway.  https://guardianlv.com/2015/03/twin-nba-players-share-everything-including-bank-accounts/

Seriously, I'd be happy to get Markief, but as csfansince60's pointed out, signing a guy to a two year MLE might be the priority.

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2019, 09:42:06 PM »

Offline Jiri Welsch

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 349

Lol

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2019, 09:42:37 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
Looks like Raptors in Markieff Mix.

Free-agent forward Markieff Morris has been cleared to play after recovering from a neck injury and has garnered interest from the Houston Rockets, Los Angeles Lakers and Toronto Raptors, his agent, Rich Paul of Klutch Sports, told Yahoo Sports.

That would suck!

https://sports.yahoo.com/amphtml/agent-free-agent-markieff-morris-cleared-return-rockets-lakers-interested-services-230456774.html

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2019, 02:48:26 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 533

Free-agent forward Markieff Morris has been cleared to play after recovering from a neck injury and has garnered interest from the Houston Rockets, Los Angeles Lakers and Toronto Raptors, his agent, Rich Paul of Klutch Sports, told Yahoo Sports.

That would suck!

https://sports.yahoo.com/amphtml/agent-free-agent-markieff-morris-cleared-return-rockets-lakers-interested-services-230456774.html
His best fit is the Rockets.  Here all he does is take minutes away from Tatum, Brown, Hayward and oh yes, his brother.

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2019, 03:12:59 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460

That would suck!

His best fit is the Rockets.  Here all he does is take minutes away from Tatum, Brown, Hayward and oh yes, his brother.

We should sign him and bench his brother.

« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2019, 03:16:15 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
I want Enes!!!!
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2019, 03:24:39 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
Yes, another swing please!
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2019, 03:49:49 PM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437
I want Enes!!!!
Not a big fan, but he could be useful on some match ups. 

« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2019, 03:51:09 PM »

Offline mmmmm

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 862
Pass.
NBA Officiating - Corrupt?  Incompetent?  Which is worse?  Does it matter?  It sucks.

« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2019, 05:00:13 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas

That would suck!

Yeah, I know he's not a great fit for us, I just don't want Toronto to get him.

Gasol, Lin and then 'Kieff...crap, that wouldn't be good.

« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2019, 05:07:51 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
Toronto is becoming a go-to destination!