Author Topic: Avengers Endgame: Reaction thread (expect spoilers)  (Read 20852 times)

Re: Avengers Endgame: Reaction thread (expect spoilers)
« Reply #60 on: August 19, 2019, 11:25:42 AM »

Online Amonkey

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
Finally saw Avengers Endgame. I thought it was entertaining with some good twists. There were some things I expected since some spoilers have come out but it didn't really take away from the movie. I thought they did some good things wrapping up some scenes from previous movies and out of shape Thor was pretty entertaining.

I agree with some who weren't fans of Captain Marvel role in the movie. She did one good thing but kind of disappeared, although considering the number of heroes, I can understand. The girl power fighting scene was also a little cheesy but there were many other scenes that were cheesier that made parts of the movie drag on.

However, it was highly entertaining. Since I don't see a lot of movies anymore, these types of movies have been my go-to flicks to watch when I do have a chance and I will continue to do so when Spider Man comes out.
Baby Jesus!

« Reply #61 on: August 19, 2019, 11:49:37 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
How come Thanos just didn't double the number of resources?

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #62 on: August 19, 2019, 01:47:32 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
or make them infinite.

I think the best explanation I heard was that, Thanos wanted the people to feel the pain and know, so they would do better in the future, but after time people would have forgotten and ended up in the same situation time and time again so his great experiment was all for naught as life would have eventually just happened.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #63 on: August 19, 2019, 02:26:34 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

In most societies consumption grows at a faster rate than population, and abundant resources would also accelerate further growth. Of course he could just keep snapping more resources into existence because the first snap didn't even hurt him, but he wouldn't because shut up, that's why.

Fun Easter Egg: Thanos' dud snap at the end still contained some residual power; in this case it created a situation where two Avengers died but the survivors could only remember one of them.

« Reply #64 on: August 19, 2019, 02:31:29 PM »

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
Not for me. Too much corniness and silly jokes takes me out of the movies. That’s what has attracted viewers though so it’s worked great for them. This is what majority of people want.

« Reply #65 on: August 19, 2019, 02:47:55 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
Maybe I missed it, but how/why was Capt. America able to use Thor's hammer?

« Reply #66 on: August 19, 2019, 02:52:34 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785

Because he was deemed "Worthy"...Thor even commented on this during the final battle with the statement of "I knew it!"

Thanos still kicked his keester but it made for an interesting conflict.

« Reply #67 on: August 19, 2019, 02:55:16 PM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2478
Finally saw Avengers Endgame. I thought it was entertaining with some good twists. There were some things I expected since some spoilers have come out but it didn't really take away from the movie. I thought they did some good things wrapping up some scenes from previous movies and out of shape Thor was pretty entertaining.

I agree with some who weren't fans of Captain Marvel role in the movie. She did one good thing but kind of disappeared, although considering the number of heroes, I can understand. The girl power fighting scene was also a little cheesy but there were many other scenes that were cheesier that made parts of the movie drag on.

However, it was highly entertaining. Since I don't see a lot of movies anymore, these types of movies have been my go-to flicks to watch when I do have a chance and I will continue to do so when Spider Man comes out.

Their entire portrayal of Captain Marvel and the whole girl power things has honestly been embarrassing. Pandering at its very worst, and IMO disrespectful to the characters and fans. Captain Marvel is also overpowered here, even moreso than the comics. It puts the writers in an awkward spot when you have god-like characters that should literally be mowing down armies fighting alongside regular humans, and then inexplicably the weak humans get 90% of the screen time because they are bigger stars.

If they wanted their own Superman they should have at least let Captain Marvel act the part.

« Reply #68 on: August 19, 2019, 02:57:50 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700

Because he was deemed "Worthy"...Thor even commented on this during the final battle with the statement of "I knew it!"

Thanks for the clarification. I noticed the "I knew it!" comment, but I didn't catch that it referred to him being deemed worthy.

« Reply #69 on: August 19, 2019, 02:59:57 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
The ending is interesting with what happens to Gamora

Either she left on her own
or she became dust due to Ironman "snap"

Guardian of Galaxy part 3, apparently is going to pursue this .... maybe something relating to the soul stone.  It would be cool if they can revive Gamora and Black Widow

Eternals should also be right around the corner

all in all, its a bummer that Captain America and Ironman are done.  They were the staple of the Marvel universe movies for the last decade

maybe Ironman somehow uploaded his brains onto his mainframe sidekick?

I personally don't think that Captain America is "done"...

My theory on that "banging on metal" noise at the end of the movie was perhaps someone shaping a SHIELD..

I even tried to "connect the dots" between the "older" Steve Rogers giving his shield to Falcon...but "Patriot" in the comics was a teenager.....unless Marvel Cinematic Universe wants to deviate somewhat from this..

I'd guess that Falcon in the MCU is in his 30's at least?

Maybe Falcon's son?

With THAT being said I also wouldn't be surprised if we see Iron Man (or woman) again - especially WOMAN

As popular as Black Panther was I'd say IT IS TIME for these two.

The banging of metal at the end was from Ironman 1. It was a tribute. With out that movie no endgame.

Patriot wont be Falcons son. That's a whole nother story where they tested the super soldier serum on black soldiers to make sure it was good before giving it to a white soldier. Yeah mess up,but acutate for the times. Patriot gets a blood transfusion from his great grandfather who was the surviving test subject.

As for Ironheart don't enough about her. But the kid from Ironman 3 was at the funeral and could play Ironlad for the young avengers movie/Disney+ show.

I'm still hopeful to see Riri Williams / Iron Heart on the Big Screen somehow..

I get that the cute kid from Iron Man III is rumored to be the heir apparent but he is little more than a street urchin...besides being wowed by helping Tony Stark could he actually operate an Iron Man suit?

Riri Williams / Iron Heart - in the Comics at least - is a young prodigy.

The MCU could easily include her via Spiderman - the current Spiderman even commented that he'd he'd like to see her introduced as the next Armored Knight. Those two could hit it off easily being both nerds.

Furthermore - in the Spiderman Far from Home movie - Tony Stark was noted for having a Heart of Iron...found that odd......

« Reply #70 on: August 19, 2019, 03:02:07 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis

Thanks for the clarification. I noticed the "I knew it!" comment, but I didn't catch that it referred to him being deemed worthy.

It was a nice touch to the movie...Captain America has been at the heart of mostly all of the Marvel movies....lost his sweetheart...almost lost Bucky...didn't surprise me too much.

« Reply #71 on: August 19, 2019, 03:08:19 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

They foreshadowed this at the beginning of Age of Ultron when he was able to move the hammer a tiny bit, and you get a quick reaction shot of Thor noticing it.

« Reply #72 on: August 19, 2019, 03:32:06 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis

They foreshadowed this at the beginning of Age of Ultron when he was able to move the hammer a tiny bit, and you get a quick reaction shot of Thor noticing it.

Good point had forgotten about that.

Vision threw me for a loop in that movie by lifting it effortlessly.

« Reply #73 on: January 19, 2021, 10:50:23 PM »

Online mobilija

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 610
Just watched this again... a question.

The floating guide guy on the soul stone planet...he looks like red skull. Is it Red Skull? And huh?

« Reply #74 on: January 20, 2021, 12:31:26 AM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 324
Just watched this again... a question.

The floating guide guy on the soul stone planet...he looks like red skull. Is it Red Skull? And huh?

Yes, it's Red Skull. The Infinity Stones are apparently not just powerful stones, but to some degree sentient. So when Red Skull tried to control the Space Stone (which was inside the Tesseract), the Space Stone for some reason considered Red Skull unworthy and punished him by sending him to Vormir to guard the Soul Stone. Basically, the Space Stone "cast him out," though it did give him certain powers as the guardian of the Soul Stone—for example, he knows everything about anyone who goes to Vormir.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis