Author Topic: Ball arrested in China (UPDATE 11/22: Trump- “Lavar is a poor mans Don King”)  (Read 68764 times)

Re: LiAngelo Ball arrested in China (update: Trump asks President Xi to help)
« Reply #135 on: November 14, 2017, 03:11:32 PM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 320
If we didn't know the three kids, I think most people would just say they were acting like stupid kids (which clearly they are).

Add in Lavar Ball's kid and now the media wants blood.

« Reply #136 on: November 14, 2017, 03:17:38 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
If we didn't know the three kids, I think most people would just say they were acting like stupid kids (which clearly they are).

hes not just a kid. First off he’s over 18 and in college. At what point do we gain adulthood and adult responsibilities? Liangelo lives in a mansion and his brother owns a Lamborghini. He is wealthy and decides to steal. What Does that say about his IQ

« Reply #137 on: November 14, 2017, 03:23:54 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
I think you might be confusing 8 year olds with 18 year olds. I don't think that "do not take what you don't own" is too high of a standard to hold a college freshman to.

People don't want blood -- they just want them to face the consequences like everyone else.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #138 on: November 14, 2017, 03:27:03 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
"The three UCLA men’s basketball student-athletes involved in the incident with authorities in Hangzhou, China are on a flight back home to Los Angeles, and the matter has been resolved to the satisfaction of the Chinese authorities," Pac-12 Commissioner Larry Scott said in a statement

if i have to guess, it's probably we paid the local authorities the value of the items that were "stolen", idk

BUT, these kids are extremely lucky, though I agree that 3+ years for a first offense might be too harsh, and I am worried that these kids will feel entitled. I expect UCLA to punish them somehow though.
Will you be surprised to know that shoplifting more than $100 carries up to 2.5 yrs in jail + $1,000 fine in MA -- regardless of whether it's a first offense? And that's provided you don't get charged with larceny, which  carries up to 5 years in jail.

Also, if the value of stolen goods is north of $250, you may be charged with a felony.

wow i actually don't know that! I think it's harsh but then again, for the most part, I won't feel sorry for those who are caught though

it'll be very interesting to see how UCLA handles this situation going forward

« Reply #139 on: November 14, 2017, 03:36:28 PM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 320

hes not just a kid. First off he’s over 18 and in college. At what point do we gain adulthood and adult responsibilities? Liangelo lives in a mansion and his brother owns a Lamborghini. He is wealthy and decides to steal. What Does that say about his IQ

Legally, you are right. Biologically, their brains are less than fully developed. Go to a college this weekend. Any college. You will see people 22 years old and younger act like stupid kids. It is not a rare occurrence.

« Reply #140 on: November 14, 2017, 03:37:47 PM »

Offline PaulAllen

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 55
Trump was seen head to toe in BBB swag

« Reply #141 on: November 14, 2017, 03:47:11 PM »

Offline gift

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 291
Trump was seen head to toe in BBB swag

I honestly can't tell if this is a joke.

« Reply #142 on: November 14, 2017, 03:57:49 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

Legally, you are right. Biologically, their brains are less than fully developed. Go to a college this weekend. Any college. You will see people 22 years old and younger act like stupid kids. It is not a rare occurrence.

Read my previous posts and you will see that you are fighting an uphill battle with many folks here at CB (and I am sure many others who have never been caught for doing something wrong). Apparently people put shoplifting by an 18 year old on the same level as armed burglary.

Anyway, glad to see them returning to the U.S. That is what should happen. What UCLA decides to do will be interesting. I assume they will lose their scholarships and be kicked off the basketball team, but would be surprised if they were expelled from the school. I've never heard of a college student being expelled for shoplifting, but the media attention probably makes this a bit different. In the case of LiAngelo, going to school was a means of eventually playing at a higher level - not sure he would just want to go to University.

« Reply #143 on: November 14, 2017, 03:58:46 PM »

Offline EJPLAYA

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 127
This is not about these kids IQ rather their feeling like they are somehow above the rest of everyone else. When you are a wealthy person who steals, you are making a statement that you think you are special and deserve more than others. Like his father, he feels he is better than everyone else deserving of whatever he wishes at the time.

« Reply #144 on: November 14, 2017, 04:25:01 PM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
Trump spending his/USA cred on UCLA shoplifters instead of North Korea. Good deal. :)
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #145 on: November 14, 2017, 04:30:41 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Cant LV exec intervene here and not press charges?

This is silly... I cant believe Liangelo tried to steal

Was prob one of his friends

« Reply #146 on: November 14, 2017, 04:36:51 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Why can’t you believe it? Because privileged kids don’t commit crimes?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #147 on: November 14, 2017, 04:40:08 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Trump spending his/USA cred on UCLA shoplifters instead of North Korea. Good deal. :)

I’m not sure that it works that way.  I’m not sure that anything of tangible value was offered or surrendered.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #148 on: November 14, 2017, 04:45:24 PM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528

I’m not sure that it works that way.  I’m not sure that anything of tangible value was offered or surrendered.
Yes I know. Bad joke on my part. High politics doesn't work that way.
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #149 on: November 14, 2017, 04:58:01 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

Why can’t you believe it? Because privileged kids don’t commit crimes?

Yes and doing it in China out of all places

How dumb can you be?

Stealing is a low life move