Author Topic: World Cup 2010 Qualifiers Thread  (Read 18282 times)

Re: World Cup 2010 Qualifiers Thread
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2009, 04:30:38 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
Denmark-Portugal 1-1. Portugal were robbed of a penalty kick and then Denmark scored one minute later. A draw seems to be a fair result. Portugal played great but Denmark fought really hard and deserved the point.

(Matches, wins, draws, losses, goals for, goals against, points)

Denmark 7 5 2 0 14 3 17
Hungary 7 4 1 2 9 4 13
Sweden 7 3 3 1 8 3 12
Portugal 7 2 4 1 9 5 10
Albania 8 1 3 4 4 8 6
Malta 8 0 1 7 0 21 1

Yay!
What has happened to Portugal?

Great achievement by Denmark to beat out Sweden and Portugal for top spot!

« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2009, 04:33:06 PM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
Denmark-Portugal 1-1. Portugal were robbed of a penalty kick and then Denmark scored one minute later. A draw seems to be a fair result. Portugal played great but Denmark fought really hard and deserved the point.

(Matches, wins, draws, losses, goals for, goals against, points)

Denmark 7 5 2 0 14 3 17
Hungary 7 4 1 2 9 4 13
Sweden 7 3 3 1 8 3 12
Portugal 7 2 4 1 9 5 10
Albania 8 1 3 4 4 8 6
Malta 8 0 1 7 0 21 1

Yay!
What has happened to Portugal?

Great achievement by Denmark to beat out Sweden and Portugal for top spot!

Denmark are playing up to their potential, playing wise and not trying to force things. Plus, we've had our fair share of luck so far.

« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2009, 04:38:05 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
her her
we usually stink and lose but we really know how to be ready for a game
and love the game

http://www.elsalvador.com/mwedh/media/popUpAudioVideo.aspx?id=3085&sin=NOWEBCACHE

sound familiar with last 20 years Cs team.  :P
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2009, 04:39:34 PM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
You are now 700 TP's ahead of me  :D

« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2009, 05:17:44 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
You are now 700 TP's ahead of me  :D

not anymore   :)

Nice to be back!

« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2009, 12:00:24 AM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
Congratulations USA
Great game!
I love how selecta played today

p.s. the offside was debatable
I am sad
but happy with this " team of the future"
« Last Edit: September 06, 2009, 12:50:31 AM by Edgar »

Nice to be back!

« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2009, 01:22:46 AM »

Online Amonkey

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
Woohoo!  Brazil beat Argentina and qualified for the World Cup!  The only thing better than qualifying for the World Cup and ensuring that Brazil remains to be the only country to have qualified for every single World Cup that has existed is doing it on the expense of the Argentinians.
Baby Jesus!

« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2009, 01:30:09 AM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
Woohoo!  Brazil beat Argentina and qualified for the World Cup!  The only thing better than qualifying for the World Cup and ensuring that Brazil remains to be the only country to have qualified for every single World Cup that has existed is doing it on the expense of the Argentinians.

as my second team whole world that was a thing of beauty
\congrat Brazil too.
Maradona is still lookinf for finger nails... :P

Nice to be back!

« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2009, 06:59:31 AM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279
Can you imagine a WC without Argentina,Portugal and France ?

« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2009, 11:05:59 AM »

Offline Dirk

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 23
My fellow chileans messed up on the 2-2 draw with Venezuela on saturday, but we are still looking good towards the end of the qualifiers with only 3 games left, and currently second on the standings tied with Paraguay.

Next we face Brazil @ Bahía, Brazil on wednesday. Good news is that Brazil is now qualified to the WC and will not have, due to suspensions, neither Kaká (to me their best player as of right now), Robihno or Luis Fabiano (the leading scorer for the south american WCQ). The standings look like this, with the first 4 teams going directly to the WC, and the fifth going to a deciding match against a team from the Concacaf (Confederation of North, Central American and Caribbean Association Football):

Pos Team     Pts (Goals Differential)
1.  Brazil     30 (+21)
2.  Chile       27 (+9)
3.  Paraguay   27 (+8)
4.  Argentina  22 (+2)
5.  Colombia   20 (-2)
6.  Ecuador    20 (-4)
7.  Uruguay    18 (+6)
8.  Venezuela  18 (-7)
9.  Bolivia    12 (-12)
10. Perú       10 (-21)

The last time we (Chile) participated on a WC was on France 98', so people are vey exited about our current situation. It's been unprecedented so far with a lot of historic performances during this WCQ, such as beating Argentina last year for the first time ever on an official international game, or beating Perú @ Perú for the first time in (dont recall precisely) something like the last 20 years. Same with Paraguay @ Paraguay. We are also scoring a lot of goals, which had been a problem ever since Salas and Zamorano retired from the National Team.

I don't expect us to win @ Brazil but hey anything is possible. Then we play @ Colombia and then vs Ecuador. If we get only 2 points from the last 3 games, we are in. It all depends on how Colombia and Ecuador do during those 3 games.

Argentina doesn't look good right now, and IMO, won't do a lot better in the future as long as Maradona keeps coaching the team. With that said, they are still at 4th place on the standings and although they play @ Paraguay next game, then they play vs Perú who are last on the standings and out of the WC. It will be intresting though, their last game is against Uruguay whom will probably be out of contention by that time. There have been deciding games between the two countries in the past, and people have wondered about those games being previosly arranged on their outcome, to favor each other, if you know what I mean.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2009, 11:21:45 AM by Dirk »
the team to beat...
a force to reckon with...
just pick your poison.

« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2009, 11:17:07 AM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
My fellow chileans messed up on the 2-2 draw with Venezuela on saturday, but we are still looking good towards the end of the qualifiers with only 3 games left, and currently second on the standings tied with Paraguay.

Next we face Brazil @ Bahía, Brazil on wednesday. Good news is that Brazil is now qualified to the WC and will not have, due to suspensions, neither Kaká (to me their best player as of right now), Robihno or Luis Fabiano (the leading scorer for the south american WCQ). The standings look like this, with the first 4 teams going directly to the WC, and the fifth going to a deciding match against a team from the Concacaf (central america football federation):

Pos Team     Pts (Goals Differential)
1.  Brazil     30 (+21)
2.  Chile       27 (+9)
3.  Paraguay   27 (+8)
4.  Argentina  22 (+2)
5.  Colombia   20 (-2)
6.  Ecuador    20 (-4)
7.  Uruguay    18 (+6)
8.  Venezuela  18 (-7)
9.  Bolivia    12 (-12)
10. Perú       10 (-21)

The last time we (Chile) participated on a WC was on France 98', so people are vey exited about our current situation. It's been unprecedented so far with a lot of historic performances during this WCQ, such as beating Argentina last year for the first time ever on an official international game, or beating Perú @ Perú for the first time in (dont recall precisely) something like the last 20 years. Same with Paraguay @ Paraguay. We are also scoring a lot of goals, which had been a problem ever since Salas and Zamorano retired from the National Team.

I don't expect us to win @ Brazil but hey anything is possible. Then we play @ Colombia and then vs Ecuador. If we get only 2 points from the last 3 games, we are in. It all depends on how Colombia and Ecuador do during those 3 games.

Argentina doesn't look good right now, and IMO, won't do a lot better in the future as long as Maradona keeps coaching the team. With that said, they are still at 4th place on the standings and although they play @ Paraguay next game, then they play vs Perú who are last on the standings and out of the WC. It will be intresting though, their last game is against Uruguay whom will probably be out of contention by that time. There have been deciding games between the two countries in the past, and people have wondered about those games being previosly arranged on their outcome, to favor each other, if you know what I mean.

yup Chile is in pretty good shape this time.

We are almost out with math but no real chances unless we beat Costa Rica by a LOT on wenesday and then Costa Rica crash all remaining games.
Almost imposible
and even there thy will be favorites to be 4th and goes against colombia or argentina
in the definittory match
So Buyh buyh ESA at least theyre very young and will have another shot in 4 years.

Nice to be back!

« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2009, 03:41:15 PM »

Offline Scott

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 108
Anybody tracking the games tonight?

England are already up 2-0 on Croatia, looking good for qualifying tonight.

Denmark is up at the half too.  Active night for the European groups so far.

« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2009, 04:07:50 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
Anybody tracking the games tonight?

England are already up 2-0 on Croatia, looking good for qualifying tonight.

Denmark is up at the half too.  Active night for the European groups so far.
I watched the first half of the England-Croatia game and England absolutely battered Croatia. The English are looking very impressive.

« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2009, 05:23:37 PM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279
England won 5-1 and what i impressive is that Croatia`s keeper was their best player!! It seems that under Don Fabio we`ll finaly see a decent England NT.

« Reply #29 on: September 09, 2009, 06:25:38 PM »

Offline pbak63

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 25
I just watched the highlights. England certainly steamrollered Croatia this evening but there are still weak spots in the team.
Heskey up front being the most obvious.

Capello certainly has improved the discipline of the team - all the players know who is boss.

Still, it's good to qualify with 2 games to spare.