Author Topic: Caldwell-Pope violates parole, to play while serving jail sentence w/ gps brace  (Read 2868 times)

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Criminal Lakers

He will play and practice while in jail under a work release program... He will wear a GPS ankle monitor to games

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/21840919/kentavious-caldwell-pope-los-angeles-lakers-serving-25-day-sentence-detention-center

Last week, Caldwell-Pope's attorney, Jeffrey Lance Abood, told ESPN that the player had to return to California to begin an intensive, 25-day program that would result in some travel restrictions and could cause him to miss additional games. The detention stay is that program."

:D the lawyer called jail an "intensive 25 day program"

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
Isn't there a no-jewelry rule in the NBA?

A bracelet is a bracelet is a bracelet. Am I right?

TP for the find though.

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544

TP for the find though.

LOL

But I suspect he'll be able to play without the bracelet on.  It's not as if people won't know where he is.

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge

TP for the find though.

LOL

But I suspect he'll be able to play without the bracelet on.  It's not as if people won't know where he is.
I highly doubt he'll be able to play without it on. The court order is to wear the bracelet, not "let people know where you're at." it would be illegal for him to take off the ankle bracelet as it would be  contempt of court. If "letting people know where you're at" was the threshold for removing the bracelet, no one would ever wear one with that very excuse. How does anyone know, for example, that he wont try to escape the arena at half time and go into hiding? We don't. taking it off defeats the very purpose of the  GPS tracking bracelet. He's leaving jail under the premise of wearing this thing. He's not a free man
« Last Edit: December 22, 2017, 02:05:45 AM by CelticsElite »

Offline Jiri Welsch

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 349
Wow what a legit legend

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
What I don't understand is Why is Adam Silver literally allowing an inmate to play with an ankle monitor? Or the Lakers allowing their criminal to play without a suspension or punishment? They'll suspend players for other petty crime like marijuana possession but if you end up in jail for drunk driving stuff that could potentially kill someone its all good, we'll turn a blind eye to it

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
What I don't understand is Why is Adam Silver literally allowing an inmate to play with an ankle monitor? Or the Lakers allowing their criminal to play without a suspension or punishment? They'll suspend players for other petty crime like marijuana possession but if you end up in jail for drunk driving stuff that could potentially kill someone its all good, we'll turn a blind eye to it

I don't necessarily agree with the punishment, but I am very surprised he is allowed to go about his business as an NBA player - has this ever happened before? It's been years since I have seen somebody with one of those ankle monitors - are they still huge and bulky?

It is 25 days, not 25 years  and is going to draw a lot more negative attention than needed. What will small children think while watching the games? The Lakers should allow him to come to practice, but tell him to lay low for the games. It seems asinine to let him play.

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
This is 25 times worse than allen Iverson wearing a gold chain on the sideline

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2703
The Lakers should just give him a leave of absence until he can remove the ankle monitor. Its a bad image for their team and the league to see him out there wearing that during games. They aren't going to win many games either way, so may as well try to preserve team image.

Offline LakersFan_33

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 79
To be honest, I think they're better without he and Lopez.

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
ball and chain would be funnier.    Dunk would be amazing hard

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Wow what a legit legend

Perfectly stated.  In this extra soft era of the NBA, KCP has inserted himself as a living legend.

Like others, very surprised he's allowed to play on leave with the ankle monitor.  Part of me hopes e plays exceptionally well in these 25 days and continues to wear the monitor a la Rip Hamilton.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2017, 08:02:22 PM by tarheelsxxiii »
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

Offline chicagoceltic

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 210
I do not know about the NBA but I remember being a senior in high school and watching Chicago King High School’s juggernaut team featuring Johnnie Selvie and his monitor.  I was amazed that he could be busted for selling coke (I believe) twice and still play when guys on our high school team missed 1/2 the season for being at a house party.  Of course we were not throwing out a lineup of 5 D-1 level talent.

Link:  http://articles.chicagotribune.com/1989-11-20/sports/8903110717_1_king-johnny-selvie-cook-county
Pub Draft

Sam N Ella's

At the Bar: The Most Interesting Man in the World
At the Door:  Hugh Hefner
On Stage:  O.A.R., Louis C.K., EDGAR! Special Drinks:  Irish Car Bomb, Martinis On Tap: Lite, Beamish, 3 Floyds Seasonal, Chimay Grand Reserve, Spotted Cow