Author Topic: James Harden has agreed to a 4-year, $118M contract renegotiation  (Read 2716 times)

Re: James Harden has agreed to a 4-year, $118M contract renegotiation
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2016, 05:41:05 PM »

Offline chiken Green

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 75
I  Kind of feel bad for Houston for having a James Harden problem..  No real chance of  winning  anything other than a scoring stat..  I wonder how many real stars would want to play with him..  bad situation for a franchise.

Ditto. He's clearly a gifted scorer, but he does nothing else well. I see him as a net negative, and not a fit for any team with title hopes.

Really? He's a pretty good rebounding guard and excellent facilitator. He's obviously not the best defender and that's contributed to his reputation, but you can definitely build a winning team around him.

He cant function without the ball - when he was in OKC with a winning team he was not the James Harden he is now and he was Terrible in the playoffs..
He would need a team like Allen Iverson use to have (rebounders and Defense) because his game neutralizes any other offense piece playing next to him.
The guy is a ME player..  Yes you can build a winning team but you cant build a championship team around him which is very unfortunate for a franchise.

« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2016, 05:41:30 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
I didn't realize renegotiations were allowed under the CBA. Is that a new thing?

It has to occur three years after the original contract was signed.  If we have the cap room, I have been a strong advocate of extended IT in this fashion next summer.
How is it different from a regular contract extension?
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2016, 05:44:01 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
I didn't realize renegotiations were allowed under the CBA. Is that a new thing?

It has to occur three years after the original contract was signed.  If we have the cap room, I have been a strong advocate of extended IT in this fashion next summer.

Me too, saltlover. IT seems like the perfect candidate for it, given that we can offer him a big raise and Boston is where he wants to be.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2016, 05:45:12 PM »

Online BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818

How is it different from a regular contract extension?

Re-reading, doesn't seem like there's really anything different, guess matters what cap room the team has and max salary there is in that year vs. projected in the future to consider.

« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2016, 07:39:29 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
This is what OKC when they traded for Perkins and why Boston couldn't do it with Perkins (and thus moved him).  All about the cap space.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip