Author Topic: fairness and conspiracy  (Read 1199 times)

fairness and conspiracy
« on: December 08, 2011, 06:47:01 PM »

Offline pp34isthe1

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 40
Odom/Gasol is a much better combination in value as opposed to rondo/green from a competive standpoint.

It even makes more sense for NO to flip Gasol to Houston for Scola, Martin and Dragic. Since they already have Okafor

What i can not wrap my head is why Houston would do that deal at all. Im assuming Houston taking Pau is the only way this deal is done. But why give up two starters, two leaders of the team for Pau? I could understand if they were in contention but breaking up your core for Pau really does not make any sense. maybe Houston has hidden agenda.

Like everyone here ive wasted my entire day hoping on landing CP3 to have to read this crap.

Hate to say the league had something to do to infulence this, but it truly makes you wonder.......

guess we will find out when LA concocts anyother 3 teamer that turns Bynum, World Peace, and Walton into Dwight  ::)

Re: fairness and conspiracy
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2011, 07:21:57 PM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
So annoying.
I don't know what Houston are thinking.
Maybe thinking Yao might be alright and they'll have their own version of the twin towers?
Can't understand how the Lakers get away with this.
They're in a perfect position to get Howard now.
arrrgggg
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2011, 07:25:50 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
I think the deal makes a ton of sense for Houston, particularly if they can sign Nene.  A Nene/Gasol front line will be VERY tough.

Honestly, I think this was a pretty fair deal all around.

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2011, 08:29:38 PM »

Online CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 871
  • GOT IT!!!
I have no problem with what LA gave up. Houston giving that much for Gasol I just don't understand. Gasol is in the downside of his career. Unless they plan on flipping him to someone else I don't get it.

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2011, 08:39:37 PM »

Offline Fan from VT

• NCE
  • Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 777
Could houston nab Chandler?