Author Topic: Arenas and Crittenton draw guns over a debt  (Read 25389 times)

Re: Arenas and Crittenton draw guns over a debt
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2010, 10:58:37 AM »

Kiorrik

They really need to change their team name back to the Washington Bullets. 
TP, Easy :]]

« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2010, 11:06:19 AM »

Offline Dog_Lover106

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 12
They should just lock Arenas and his "piece" in a room with Wes Unseld. Any bets on who walks out of that room first?

« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2010, 11:21:42 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be

yeah i wonder what killed the stand off?  maybe juwan howard suddenly appeared in the room and put his hands on both guns and said "No more Bullets!"

....and Im probably the only one that gets that joke.

Is that a Die Hard reference?

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2010, 11:24:49 AM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
Ungrateful idiots.

« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2010, 11:25:56 AM »

Offline Spilling Green Dye

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 115

yeah i wonder what killed the stand off?  maybe juwan howard suddenly appeared in the room and put his hands on both guns and said "No more Bullets!"

lol I don't know what it is for sure either, but it sounds familiar.  Nonetheless, picturing that scene is funny.

« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2010, 11:31:10 AM »

Offline bucknersrevenge

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 170
I saw this on realgm

NBA all-star Gilbert Arenas and his Washing ton Wizards teammate Javaris Crittenton drew guns on each other in the team's locker room during a Christmas Eve dispute over a gambling debt, The Post has learned.

League sources say the pistol-packing point guards had heaters at the ready inside the Verizon Center, the Washington, DC, home of the Wizards -- whose name was changed from the Bullets over gun- violence concerns.

It was the three- time all-star Arenas, 27, who went for his gun first, sources said, draw ing on the 22-year-old Crittenton, who quickly brandished a firearm as well.

he duel in DC -- unprecedented in sports history -- was sparked when Crittenton became enraged at the veteran guard for refusing to make good on a gambling debt, a source said.

"I'm not your punk!" Crittenton shouted at Arenas, according to a league source close to the Wizards.

That prompted Arenas to draw on Crittenton, who then also grabbed for a gun, league security sources said.

The Wizards announced on Christmas Day that Arenas had admitted to bringing guns to the locker room and had turned them over to team security. No ammunition was handed over.

The NBA club's statement didn't disclose how Wizards officials discovered that Arenas was storing weapons on the job.

But a league source said Arenas' weapons were uncovered only after the confrontation with Crittenton.

Wizards General Manager Ernie Grunfeld declined to comment. "It's in the hands of [Washington] authorities," said Grunfeld, a former star Knicks player and president. "We're going to get to the bottom of this, if there is a bottom to this."

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/nba_gunpoint_R52AnT76DRgTSuVKDQ8XBO

Wow Arenas is a freaking moron. A guy who is getting paid 20 mil a year is going to pull a gun on his teammate because he didn't pay off a bet? I hope Arenas gets into deep you know what if this is true.

Wish I could say I was surprised. I always knew Arenas was a joke. Some people loved his blogs and all and thought he was great and hilarious and all that. I always thought he was a buffoon and I'm glad the Celtics never had the misfortune of having a guy like him on your team. Guys like Gilbert Arenas aren't about winning. They're a joke, a comedy skit.

I hope severe penalties are passed down for this. The NBA has a bad enough image as it is already with some people. This league will be that much better when Gilbert Arenas is gone.
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity...

« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2010, 11:35:41 AM »

Offline greg683x

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 585

lol I don't know what it is for sure either, but it sounds familiar.  Nonetheless, picturing that scene is funny.

lol when juwan howard was with the Washington Bullets, he was one of the people behind getting rid of the Bullets name and changing the Washington team name to something different.  He had a 'No More Bullets'  campaign to help lower the amount of violence in the DC area if my memory serves me correctly, but he'd always end his ads with him yelling "and remember....NO MORE BULLETS!"

thats where my reference came from.  It's hard to imagine looking back that Juwan Howard was once a guy that was regarded as a player you could build a team around.
Greg

« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2010, 11:41:13 AM »

Offline Nut from Nh

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 10
Seriously, this is the type of crap that gets thrown in my face any time I say I'm a huge NBA fan.  THIS is the exact manifestation of the disgusting degree of ignorance, thug-dom and "street" culture that is alienating so many fans of basketball.  And I'm not a cranky old retired white guy!  I'm with it to some degree, I can quote Jay Z / Biggie / the movie "Juice", etc etc etc.  

How can we possibly defend the league and its players with this crap going on?  This comes on the heels of the quotes coming out of Tim Donaghy's book....

tough tough time to be an NBA fan right now.  

have you guys heard? The latest reports out of washington are that the pistol packing points were actually broken up by none other then Teddy KGB himself!  He jumped into the altercation and explained that Arenas was still ticked off from the last time Crittenton "stick it in you" as he thrusted his pelvis he motioned toward Javaris continueing: "give dis man his money"

« Reply #23 on: January 01, 2010, 11:48:17 AM »

Offline jackson_34

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 166
They should both be thrown out of the league for this, it's pathetic that this stuff can happen and will only result in a fine or suspension. If this happened in any other country (or league for that matter) they would thrown from the league immediatley. Stern should just get rid of these two idiots now.

« Reply #24 on: January 01, 2010, 11:58:03 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
Yup

« Reply #25 on: January 01, 2010, 12:08:14 PM »

Offline OriginalODb

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 31
We are all concentrating on Arenas but What do you think the chances are that Crittenton ever plays another minute in the NBA?

I'm going 5%

« Reply #26 on: January 01, 2010, 12:26:05 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Isn't there some kind of clause that lets team to get out of contracts when their players threaten each other in the locker room with guns (thus being a threat to all the other employees in and around the locker room)?

Honestly, he is now payed to much.  And who wants to play with a star that pulls guns on you?

« Reply #27 on: January 01, 2010, 12:35:15 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
If Arenas' contract wasn't enough of an albatross on the Wizards for trying to trade Arenas, I guess this incident shot down any chance he ever plays for anyone but the Wizards.(Yes, that pathetic little pun was intended.)

There has to be some major suspensions coming down over this incident. If asking to be traded through your agent costs Nate Robinson $25,000 it's going to have to cost Arenas and Crittenton at least 25 game checks.

« Reply #28 on: January 01, 2010, 01:08:16 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
THis is a huge deal we haven't heard the last of. I am both surprised and disappointed in Arenas. What a complete idiot.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #29 on: January 01, 2010, 01:12:55 PM »

Offline greg683x

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 585
We are all concentrating on Arenas but What do you think the chances are that Crittenton ever plays another minute in the NBA?

I'm going 5%

I think EVERYONE who looks into this story or forms an opinion on this story is going to focus mainly on Arenas.  Arenas is supposed to be the veteran leader on that team, nothing excuses Crittenton from pulling a gun out either, but in this situation you'd expect Gilbert to be the one to show more maturity.  On top of all that Gilbert pulled the gun out first!!!  He instigated the whole incident.  From what I read all Crittenton did was confront Gilbert and start yelling at him b/c he was getting stiffed.

and I think the most disgusting part of this whole incident is that Gilbert is getting paid nearly 20 million a year, and not only does he stiff a young player making a lower level salary on a bet, but he pulls a gun out over it.  I'd really love to know how much money was on stake in this bet.
Greg