3 (2%)
MIL in 5
9 (6.1%)
MIL in 6
21 (14.2%)
MIL in 7
14 (9.5%)

Total Members Voted: 146

Author Topic: Poll: Celtics-Bucks Series Prediction  (Read 19580 times)

Re: Poll: Celtics-Bucks Series Prediction
« Reply #150 on: April 25, 2019, 07:38:48 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
The Bucks beat us easily during regular season.
With a heavy heart;  Bucks in 7

Yeah that one-point win with Kyrie missing at the buzzer is the definition of an easy win. Just clobbered us that one.

And beating up on us without Horford, Baynes, and Morris playing sure gives us great clarity on this playoff matchup.

Of course, let’s conveniently leave out us taking their 0.

Let’s also not forget that (1) both Hayward and Baynes were out that game with Milwaukee fully healthy, and (2) the NBA ruled that three fouls on the Celtics were not called on the final play, which should’ve put either Kyrie or Morris at the line to win the game.

Yeah, that’s really beating us easy during the season.

« Reply #151 on: April 25, 2019, 07:49:16 PM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 5349
  • Thumper of the BASS!

THE TRUTH

sorry paul..

*sippin*

« Reply #152 on: April 25, 2019, 10:59:06 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1362
Not sure if it's been mentioned earlier, but Malcolm Brogdon is out for the first 2 games of this series at least.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #153 on: April 26, 2019, 12:37:20 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
Not sure if it's been mentioned earlier, but Malcolm Brogdon is out for the first 2 games of this series at least.

Celtics better take advantage of that and take the first two games at least.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #154 on: April 27, 2019, 01:00:39 AM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 866
  • GOT IT!!!
Man Bucks fans are a confident bunch aren't they? lol listening to the locked on podcast with the Bucks guy and he doesn't see anyway the C's can force the Bucks to adjust lol it's giving me vibes from the Philly series last year. This is going to be a dang good series but you would think the Bucks have already been to the Finals from what I'm hearing lol

« Reply #155 on: April 27, 2019, 01:25:03 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
Man Bucks fans are a confident bunch aren't they? lol listening to the locked on podcast with the Bucks guy and he doesn't see anyway the C's can force the Bucks to adjust lol it's giving me vibes from the Philly series last year. This is going to be a dang good series but you would think the Bucks have already been to the Finals from what I'm hearing lol

They like to gloat after adding Lopez and Mirotic. They forget that the Celtics have Irving and Hayward this time around.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #156 on: April 27, 2019, 07:49:33 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961

yeah , listening to the talking heads ,  there is no use even playing the series .

I guess they think the Celtics should just congratulate the Bucks and go. home for the summer.  SMH  :P

« Reply #157 on: April 27, 2019, 08:52:19 AM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 359
regular season celtics, sure. But the celtics now seem to be a different team. Team is clicking at the right time and celtics seem to match up pretty well.

While the bucks might have the best player on the floor, I feel that the celtics have much more depth. Kyrie/Brown/Hayward/Tatum/Horford are all clicking on top cylinders right now.

both of the Eastern conference series should be entertaining and close IMO

« Reply #158 on: April 27, 2019, 12:45:40 PM »

Offline GreenCoffeeBean

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 91
I predict during this series that there will be at least 19 sabotage media pieces related to whether Kyrie is happy in Boston or not.

« Reply #159 on: April 27, 2019, 03:06:59 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1362
regular season celtics, sure. But the celtics now seem to be a different team. Team is clicking at the right time and celtics seem to match up pretty well.

While the bucks might have the best player on the floor, I feel that the celtics have much more depth. Kyrie/Brown/Hayward/Tatum/Horford are all clicking on top cylinders right now.

It's about matchups now and I think we match up well with the Bucks. We'll get a lot of open midrange shots from their drop coverage of the pick and roll and we have the players to take advantage. Defensively we can throw a few bodies at Antetokounmpo, he'll get his points but if we can restrict everyone else we'll be in with a good chance. They talk about how they've got better from last year by adding more shooters, well we're adding 2 All Stars to our team too.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #160 on: April 27, 2019, 03:11:21 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Zach Lowe wrote a great in depth analysis of the series, and while takes Bucks in 7, feels Celts could win in 6 or 7.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/page/zachlowe26613193/preview-boston-celtics-milwaukee-bucks-playoff-series

« Reply #161 on: April 27, 2019, 05:19:59 PM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823

It's about matchups now and I think we match up well with the Bucks. We'll get a lot of open midrange shots from their drop coverage of the pick and roll and we have the players to take advantage. Defensively we can throw a few bodies at Antetokounmpo, he'll get his points but if we can restrict everyone else we'll be in with a good chance. They talk about how they've got better from last year by adding more shooters, well we're adding 2 All Stars to our team too.

This series is going to drive a lot of guys on this board nuts. The Celtics are going to take a *ton* of three point shots, and we’re going to see a lot of Kyrie and Horford running high pick and roll.

« Reply #162 on: April 27, 2019, 09:43:57 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
Zach Lowe wrote a great in depth analysis of the series, and while takes Bucks in 7, feels Celts could win in 6 or 7.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/page/zachlowe26613193/preview-boston-celtics-milwaukee-bucks-playoff-series

Cs, who can win this series and always play to the level of their competition (for good or bad), are being seriously undervalued and disrespected by the bookmakers/ betting public.

Bucks are  -300 and the Cs are +250.

Cs are a very good value bet here.

If we were betting TPs, a 100TP wager would yield 250 TPs!!

« Reply #163 on: April 27, 2019, 11:01:47 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Wow, game 1 is finally almost here.

It feels like the Celts haven't played in months.

« Reply #164 on: April 27, 2019, 11:02:59 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
I predict during this series that there will be at least 19 sabotage media pieces related to whether Kyrie is happy in Boston or not.

I'd like to think and hope that everyone is past that now.

That was a tiresome regular season narrative.

This is the playoffs. Either win or go home.