Author Topic: Have To Admit, It's Becoming Difficult...  (Read 5505 times)

Have To Admit, It's Becoming Difficult...
« on: March 24, 2019, 12:00:20 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2954
  • On To Banner 18!
I’ll keep cheering them on. I’ll keep the faith. I’ll hope they can flip the script come playoff time and surprise a lot of folks.

BUT I’ll also admit that this year’s team is really frustrating to watch and if they do suffer an early playoff exit, then so be it. It’ll suck but at the same time it could put a close on what’s been a pathetic season. So many guys just don’t bring it every night and the games they don’t, they just look clueless and it’s tough to watch. Tatum’s been like that for the past month now honestly which is sad to see. I have absolutely no clue why Morris is still a starter getting more minutes than Jaylen.

And you know the frightening part about all this? We gave up a 30-5 run to end the game and blew an 18-point lead in the process to suffer a frustrating loss. Horrible right?

And yet, this might not even be the most frustrating loss of the year. Hell, I feel like there’s been 20 losses this year which you can call the "worst loss of the season"  :P

Again, the season is not 100% over yet, and I think the C's deserve to show us what they do in the playoffs before we make official judgement about the season. But I hate to say it, the team itself looks lazy and lost. They seemed to have a lot of fun last year and brought A+ effort, even to the point where after losses we were still proud to be rooting for this team because they fought hard. Nowadays though, we bring it for a part of the game, then forget how to play the rest of it. Frustrating...

Maybe Kyrie's right. At this point, just wait for the regular season to end and bring on the playoffs. It's a dangerous thing to hope that a team can just "flip the script" within a week but that's just the reality we're going to have to see play out now.

I wouldn't even be surprised to see us win tonight against San Antonio, but then lose to Cleveland a few days later. That would perfectly sum up our season in a nutshell.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2019, 03:02:31 PM by nickagneta »
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

Re: Have To Admit, It's Becoming Hard...
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2019, 12:04:42 PM »

Offline RPGenerate

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 468
I admit, I gotten extremely frustrated with this team, even though I try my best to stay positive. My advice? Sometimes you just got to take a break from it all. Whether its a day or a week, it can really help you with the frustration.
2023 No Top 75 Fantasy Draft Los Angeles Clippers
PG: Dennis Johnson / Jo Jo White / Stephon Marbury
SG: Sidney Moncrief / World B. Free
SF: Chris Mullin / Ron Artest
PF: Detlef Schrempf / Tom Chambers / Buck Williams
C: Ben Wallace / Andrew Bynum

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2019, 12:06:45 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
visit here more often   ;D

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2019, 12:13:39 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!
I admit, I gotten extremely frustrated with this team, even though I try my best to stay positive. My advice? Sometimes you just got to take a break from it all. Whether its a day or a week, it can really help you with the frustration.

Yeah I mean even nowadays I'm not here that often, mainly because my semester ends in month (yay!) but of course that just means things get super busy now to that point   :P

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2019, 12:16:32 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
The way the team comes up with a new low seemingly every week or two, it's almost like performance art.

You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2019, 12:21:52 PM »

Online ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
I don't get frustrated anymore because I've reset my expectations accordingly. I'm not expecting them to get out of the first round so hopefully I will be pleasantly surprised. :angel:
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2019, 12:22:55 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
When 100% healthy,  the Celtics are probably top 5 in talent. But yes, this season has been frustrating!!!

1. Watching Hayward at 75%.

2. Small ball

3. Watching Morris after Christmas

4.  Watching teams get better at the trade deadline

5.  Injuries

6. Off season  rumors and speculation

7. Worry and uncertainty that some of the rumors and speculations might not resign and ruin our great young core

Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2019, 12:26:18 PM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
hmmm? there were no issues with this team playing with kyrie last year....

what changed? hmmm?

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2019, 12:29:12 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!

what changed? hmmm?

Nice try.

Tatum looks bad for the past month (even in games Kyrie is OUT). Morris has also played poorly. Brad Stevens refuses to play Jaylen what he truly deserves. Rozier sometimes plays like a deer in headlights. Oh, and did I mention the team's overall defensive effort yet?  ::)

« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2019, 12:29:40 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 540
Most unlikeable Celtics team since the Wicks/Rowe edition that got Tommy fired as coach.  (admitting my age, but puts it in perspective for me). I just don't like watching them - and haven't been much lately though I foolishly watched the 2nd half last night.

« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2019, 12:31:09 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!
When 100% healthy,  the Celtics are probably top 5 in talent. But yes, this season has been frustrating!!!

2. Small ball

5.  Injuries

7. Worry and uncertainty that some of the rumors and speculations might not resign and ruin our great young core

I think we miss Hayward a lot more than people here let on. Even if he's not scoring 15+ a game off the bench, he is a great playmaker and makes the right decisions on the court often. Our best stretch so far in the 2nd half was with Hayward being more aggressive and engaged.

I said back during the All-Star Break that Hayward and Jaylen would the wild cards for a playoff run. It certainly looks that way, but I wish Brad would realize this and play Morris and Rozier LESS.

« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2019, 12:35:51 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559

2. Small ball

5.  Injuries

Other than the statement about "our great young core" this is accurate. How about the potential of our slowly developing young core.

« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2019, 12:38:16 PM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228

what changed? hmmm?

Nice try.

Tatum looks bad for the past month (even in games Kyrie is OUT). Morris has also played poorly. Brad Stevens refuses to play Jaylen what he truly deserves. Rozier sometimes plays like a deer in headlights. Oh, and did I mention the team's overall defensive effort yet?  ::)

what exactly am I "trying"?

« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2019, 01:18:45 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!

what changed? hmmm?

Nice try.

what exactly am I "trying"?

Yeah I'll have to eat crow on this one. Read it fast and I thought that bold word said "without"  :P

My bad man. Sorry for that LOL.

But it could still apply to some of the strong members of the anti-Kyrie crowd here.

Re: Have To Admit, It's Becoming Difficult...
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2019, 03:04:05 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I changed the last word in the thread title. I just think difficult reads better than the way it was worded. 😎