Author Topic: Some more harden tid bits, will be fa  (Read 2455 times)

Re: Some more harden tid bits, will be fa
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2022, 12:26:28 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1397
I mean if Harden actually struggles or hits a roadblock in PHI and then opts-in, I wouldn't mind. PHI can keep him for 47M next year then lol.

Remember when Simmons was signed for that max contract, things were going well and then last year's playoffs happened leading to what's happened now? Morey worked his magic to get out of that situation but it could all become sour again if Harden doesn't end up having the impact the Sixers hope for.

I also wonder if Harden's actually in basketball shape, and I don't mean appearance wise. He seems to get hurt often or we hear that he's dealing with something even when playing. Is this something chronic or "annoying" that'll linger going forward?

Harden has had pretty consistent issues with his hamstrings the last year (it was also his injury in playoffs last year). I have to think playing at his weight tough for his hamstrings as it puts a lot of extra pressure on the lower back. I have a lower back injury and even for me just walking around it gets way more agitated and my back hurts significantly worse just walking around. I can't really imagine how painful it would be trying to play basketball at the NBA level with a beer belly.

« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2022, 12:26:36 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Moray held out to overspend, it was a big error.

« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2022, 01:15:36 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1628
  • What a Pub Should Be
Can we get clarification? Is "the Process" still going on?  Is it dead? 

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2022, 01:19:11 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3207
I mean if Harden actually struggles or hits a roadblock in PHI and then opts-in, I wouldn't mind. PHI can keep him for 47M next year then lol.

Remember when Simmons was signed for that max contract, things were going well and then last year's playoffs happened leading to what's happened now? Morey worked his magic to get out of that situation but it could all become sour again if Harden doesn't end up having the impact the Sixers hope for.

I also wonder if Harden's actually in basketball shape, and I don't mean appearance wise. He seems to get hurt often or we hear that he's dealing with something even when playing. Is this something chronic or "annoying" that'll linger going forward?

Harden has had pretty consistent issues with his hamstrings the last year (it was also his injury in playoffs last year). I have to think playing at his weight tough for his hamstrings as it puts a lot of extra pressure on the lower back. I have a lower back injury and even for me just walking around it gets way more agitated and my back hurts significantly worse just walking around. I can't really imagine how painful it would be trying to play basketball at the NBA level with a beer belly.

We have good defenders for Harden in Smart and White. I doubted we had the defenders for Embiid but last nights game showed that we do. The Nets if heathy are much tougher to deal with.