Author Topic: NBA Off Season 2022  (Read 105412 times)

Re: NBA Off Season 2022
« Reply #195 on: June 29, 2022, 06:14:47 PM »

Online RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1409
  • Let's Go Celtics!
Murray to the Hawks for Gallo, 3 firsts, and one swap.

There's no way I think Murray will succeed next to Young. Feel bad for him really.

We could've matched that...

There were no reports linking us to Murray. This is another instance of CS posters getting their feelings hurt over a rumor they made up and overhyped.

Murray was available. It was a matter of picks...

Doesn't mean we were interested. Seems clear as day Brad wants to improve the bench and around the margins, but not make a fundamental change to our core. That some of you twisted that into "we're trading for Dejounte" seems like a self-inflicted wound.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #196 on: June 29, 2022, 06:15:42 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3178

There's no way I think Murray will succeed next to Young. Feel bad for him really.

Yep. That is what is frustrating. We always think Boston is going to be a factor in the off-season and in the end they just make very minor moves. I’m not asking for a lot but if management thinks PP, Nesmith and Hauser are the answers off the bench then we are done.

That's a massive overpay for a guy who is redundant on our roster. We could have matched the picks and swaps and taken him into our TPE, but then what?

If you can get Allstar players without giving up any of your players I think you do it.

That's great in theory, but to what end? You disenfranchise players on the current team.

Also, I don't think we will ever see Murray on an all-star team again. I wouldn't have traded for Brandon Knight either.

To up grade the talent you have and win a championship.

Is it an upgrade? Who comes off the bench? Who are you trading? Once things settle, is the best 5 any better?

Our best 5 was fine. You can't win with 5 guys. The Warriors played more players.

« Reply #197 on: June 29, 2022, 06:17:03 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith

There were no reports linking us to Murray. This is another instance of CS posters getting their feelings hurt over a rumor they made up and overhyped.

Doesn't mean we were interested. Seems clear as day Brad wants to improve the bench and around the margins, but not make a fundamental change to our core. That some of you twisted that into "we're trading for Dejounte" seems like a self-inflicted wound.

So what are we doing to improve?

« Reply #198 on: June 29, 2022, 06:22:17 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 659
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Woj, on Sportscenter:

"But Atlanta, listen, they're not done dealing yet. They still have been engaged on John Collins. Fundamentally, there are going to be some more changes in Atlanta, but they're pretty excited about the idea of Dejounte Murray joining Trae Young."

« Reply #199 on: June 29, 2022, 06:23:45 PM »

Online RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Let's Go Celtics!

Brad hasn't given me the plan yet.

So I'll just wait until free agency actually opens and something happens before I start the annual pouring tradition.
2021 Houston Rockets

« Reply #200 on: June 29, 2022, 06:28:15 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith

So I'll just wait until free agency actually opens and something happens before I start the annual pouring tradition.

So it's lucy and the football thing again?

« Reply #201 on: June 29, 2022, 06:30:24 PM »

Online RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Let's Go Celtics!

I have no idea what you're talking and don't really care to engage further. Have a great holiday weekend!
2021 Houston Rockets

« Reply #202 on: June 29, 2022, 06:32:41 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith

I have no idea what you're talking and don't really care to engage further. Have a great holiday weekend!

You too!

« Reply #203 on: June 29, 2022, 07:17:52 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2406
Feels like Gallo is the top target for the MLE if the Spurs buy him out.
Gallo and G Will are too slow.

It would be nice to have a wing who can move his feet.

Not another slow PF.

« Reply #204 on: June 29, 2022, 07:21:50 PM »

Offline radiohead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 1237
Donte Di Vincenzo is now an unrestricted free agent. I remember he was linked to the Cs at the trade deadline last season. Would he be a good fit now?

« Reply #205 on: June 29, 2022, 07:26:44 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
Donte Di Vincenzo is now an unrestricted free agent. I remember he was linked to the Cs at the trade deadline last season. Would he be a good fit now?

He would be a good fit. Probably goes back to The Bucks. Another Kings move.

« Reply #206 on: June 29, 2022, 07:26:51 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith

« Reply #207 on: June 29, 2022, 07:54:37 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith

Maybe Udoka didn’t have a great experience with Murray as an assistant for three years.  Or maybe we did match that, and the Spurs thought they’d rather have some unprotected Hawks picks instead of unprotected Celtics’ picks.

I doubt it. I have never heard anything bad about Dejounte. I have only heard people rave about his character and coachability.

I'd say CBS/PBS just didn't see Dejounte as the right answer for Boston's needs given that Dejounte is a poor jump-shooter who struggles off-ball and is a ball-dominant PG who will take the ball away from Tatum & Jaylen.

So more about basketball fit than character.

« Reply #208 on: June 29, 2022, 07:58:14 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith

I like him. He is a grinder. Although I am surprised his 3PT% has only 1 good season in his 4yr career.

Still, I'd happily roll the dice on him. He is a perfect fit personality wise. A hard nosed high effort guy. Plays defense. Scraps. Gives it his all. Shows up in tough moments.

And he is that type of wing player we need. We have a combo guard in D White and a big / bulky forward in G Will. We need a true wing SG / SF type with good feet and defensive quickness. DiVincezno fills that role.

« Reply #209 on: June 29, 2022, 08:01:51 PM »

Offline radiohead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 1237

I know right? What are the Kings doing? They traded for him only to let him go. I think that’s the concern here? Maybe he’s not fully recovered from his injury? On the plus side, he has legit championship experience with the Bucks.