Author Topic: NBA2k9 Franchise Update thread  (Read 9792 times)

Re: NBA2k9 Franchise Update thread
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2009, 05:59:27 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
2nd year

PG: Rajon Rondo
    Gabe Pruitt

SG: Ray Allen
    Eddie House
    JR Giddens

SF: Paul Pierce
    Bill Walker

PF: Kevin Garnett
    Joe Smith

C: Kendrick Perkins
    Glen Davis

*I actually sent my first round pick to minnesotta
*After the first season I let Leon go into FA
*Traded TA for a second round pick to free up cap space.
*Actually signed Joe Smith in the offseason

« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2009, 11:39:03 PM »

Offline Ian

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 61
Right now for my Hornets association I got

PG: Antoine Steele he's 5'11 with a deadly midrange J, and a nice passers but can't score inside or outside.

SG: Marc Sessions A young shooter/scorer I drafted who is going to take over the league in 2 or 3 seasons. Made the All-Star game his rookie year when I simmed the whole season, but in his second year I've decreased his role a bit since James White has been on a tear.

SF: James White That's right, James 'flight' White. I worked him out until his midrange and threepoint shots were each an 80 and now he's my teams leader and one of the highest scorers in the league, averaging almost 23 points per game despite being rated only a 68 overall.

PF: Monty Cardinal Another drafted player 6'10, 285 pretty good rebounder who averages around 8 boards a game, but he's absolutely unstoppable on the lowblock. 99 strength rating so he can back down anyone and he loves spinning out of the pivot and dunking on anyone in his path.

C: Sean Williams Great rebound/shotblocking/hustle guy. Poor man's Tyson Chandler in 2k9, gets so many clutch offensive boards, but I never look for him to score.

That's my team, a lot of seasons I'll just sim the games until the playoffs and then play once I get there, but I've missed the playoffs the last 3 or 4 years. I really like the team building/player building aspect of the game, however, so that's what I focus on the most. I make my draft choices mostly by how good of a name the player has and what they look like before I choose who the best is. Like I hate all the drafted point guards who look like NFL linemen so I try to avoid them.

« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2009, 02:25:40 PM »

Offline bostonfan23

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 115
  • I just might be a basketball machine. -MS
I just started the 10-11 OKCT season. Here's my lineup:

Roy Hibbert (84) / C. Anderson (76) / T. Battie (67)
Kevin Love (91) / R. Balkman (73)
Kevin Durant (95) / B. Wells (75)
Marco Belinelli (84)/ V. Carter (90) / D. Jones (69)
Russel Westbrook (94) / S. Claxton (71)

I had planned on trading Roy Hibbert, but instead, I declined his two year option so I'd be able to sign him at a more reasonable rate than if I let it expire. I signed him to a 5y deal at 9.99m/y. Durant expires this year, as does my sixth man Vince's big contract. Marco is also due for an extension... I'm hoping to lock him down at a reasonable price. I know Durant/Love/Westbrook will all be due max deals.

In the two previous years, I lost in the second round and in game 7 of the finals, respectively. Durant has won MVP both seasons. I gutted my coaching staff and hired Reggie Theus as head coach.

« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2009, 02:58:53 PM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43
if you play a full season out, that's like 2 weeks of potential work....I've never made it
When you love life, life loves you right back

« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2009, 03:50:41 PM »

Offline bostonfan23

• Bailey Howell
oh yeah, i never play every game. I probably actually play 10-15 games/season.

« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2009, 01:12:25 AM »

Offline bostonfan23

• Bailey Howell
Just an update.

I'm in Year 4 with the Thunder. Durant has actually won MVP each year, he puts up monster numbers. His career average is 30.8ppg, after putting up just about 36 last year.

I finally won in the Finals after being bounced from the playoffs the previous two years. I resigned my core - Durant, Love, Westbrook - to max deals. 5y+player option for a year. I locked up Robin Lopez as my starting center (he's been a good defensive guy for me, complements Love) and Batum at SG (long, can hit the outside shot and defend wings) also to 5 year+1 deals. What I did with Batum and Lopez, though, is keep them at non-escalating salaries. Lopez is at about 6.05m, while Batum is at 5.95m.

So, I've got my starting five locked up for this season and the four after this. The weak spot has been my bench.. although they've managed to pick it up lately. I just picked up Leon Powe (traded McCants for him) to help the cause.

I'd like to have three solid bench players (a slasher on the wing, a scoring/defender big, and an outside shooting PG)..I have Bill Walker, who I locked up for 5 years at about 2m per year as my slasher, and Leon Powe's contract is up after the year, so I'd like to sign him, too.. he may be a bit expensive though, so I may flip him before the trading deadline. I have a first round draft pick and a second round draft pick.

All five of my starting lineup are 23.

Lopez (78) / Rookie (69) / Pollard
Love (96) / L. Powe (76)
Durant (99) / B. Walker (73)
Batum (78) / B. Jackson (78)
Westbrook (96) / Rookie (72) / Ollie

« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2009, 07:11:40 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
I'll do a full update later, but in proving larry right that this isn;'t a very true to the game sim, Gerald green made the all star team in 2017  :o
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2009, 12:10:37 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
I'll do a full update later, but in proving larry right that this isn;'t a very true to the game sim, Gerald green made the all star team in 2017  :o

I bought Fallout 3...no update.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2009, 12:47:06 PM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200
Memphis Grizzlies:

Jose Calderon
Rudy Fernandez
Hedo Turkoglu (cheating, I know)
Pau Gasol
Marc Gasol

6th man: Darko Milicic

Teams a lot more fun than you might think. It's pretty much all fast breaks and chucking up 3's. In the half court Brothers Gasol can hold it down, but I'm much more a fun n gun kinda guy.

BTW: Has anyone noticed that perhaps the last people to completely give up on Darko is the 2k series? He's still nasty in this game (finishes well and blocks an unfathomable amount of shots).

To be fair, this seems to be the biggest hole in the game to me: Players who can block shots seem to have a TON of value. I noticed someone mention it before, but I'd rather Sean Williams over a predominant portion of the PF's and C's

« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2009, 01:19:01 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
Memphis Grizzlies:

Jose Calderon
Rudy Fernandez
Hedo Turkoglu (cheating, I know)
Pau Gasol
Marc Gasol

6th man: Darko Milicic

Teams a lot more fun than you might think. It's pretty much all fast breaks and chucking up 3's. In the half court Brothers Gasol can hold it down, but I'm much more a fun n gun kinda guy.

BTW: Has anyone noticed that perhaps the last people to completely give up on Darko is the 2k series? He's still nasty in this game (finishes well and blocks an unfathomable amount of shots).

To be fair, this seems to be the biggest hole in the game to me: Players who can block shots seem to have a TON of value. I noticed someone mention it before, but I'd rather Sean Williams over a predominant portion of the PF's and C's

yea the sliders i use tone down the block slider alot. out of the box post players are far to good at it.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2009, 06:40:35 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
Up 3, 10 seconds left in the fourth ball is mine.

Inbounds to Lou Williams. Jason Kidd pokes ball loose. Bill walker (my guy) hustles and gets the loose ball. Steps over half court line, back court violation. [dang]. Ok...Im still up 3.

They inbound, putter around, drive inside, then dish to Gerald Wallace sitting at just about half freakin court. He shoots, makes it. 3 seconds left. I mean come on.

inbound to lou williams, who somehow steps outta bounds. Jeez.

Inbound, Jason kidd jumper, they win.

I mean come freakin on. Now I need to buy a new xbox controller I think.

« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2009, 06:46:05 PM »

Offline MattG12

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 997
  • PEACE
I have NBA Live 2005. My lineup is dominant.

C - Tyson Chandler / DeSagana Diop
PF - Chris Bosh / Al Jefferson / David West
SF - LeBron James / Desmond Mason / Travis Outlaw
SG - Larry Hughes / Andre Iguodala
PG - Leandro Barbosa / Rafer Alston

« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2009, 07:50:17 PM »

Offline Kwhit10

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 923
Do you guys set up practices while simulating your seasons?  With my Celtics franchise I had I won every championship and everyone on my squad was always 99, the rookies would take about 1.5 seasons to get to 98-99.  It wasn't really fun going 77-5 almost every year.

« Reply #28 on: March 22, 2009, 08:09:53 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
Do you guys set up practices while simulating your seasons?  With my Celtics franchise I had I won every championship and everyone on my squad was always 99, the rookies would take about 1.5 seasons to get to 98-99.  It wasn't really fun going 77-5 almost every year.

I don't simulate seasons, but I do set up practices. It boosts chemistry

« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2009, 06:49:38 AM »

Offline bostonfan23

• Bailey Howell
Up 3, 10 seconds left in the fourth ball is mine.

Inbounds to Lou Williams. Jason Kidd pokes ball loose. Bill walker (my guy) hustles and gets the loose ball. Steps over half court line, back court violation. [dang]. Ok...Im still up 3.

They inbound, putter around, drive inside, then dish to Gerald Wallace sitting at just about half freakin court. He shoots, makes it. 3 seconds left. I mean come on.

inbound to lou williams, who somehow steps outta bounds. Jeez.

Inbound, Jason kidd jumper, they win.

I mean come freakin on. Now I need to buy a new xbox controller I think.

That. Sucks. I would be so mad. I've lost some tough/stupid games before, and it's just frustrating. Like real basketball sometimes, I suppose.