Author Topic: Herald: Garnett sighted at Practice Facility (merged)  (Read 9394 times)

Herald: Garnett sighted at Practice Facility (merged)
« on: April 19, 2009, 05:57:27 PM »

Offline NBAJ2K

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 12
Not sure what to make of this since it was only 5 minutes.  I just hope he's not trying to force the issue and play through pain.  But if Doc is saying he wants him to hold off on surgery, he has got to feel there might be a chance of him coming back during the playoffs, if we can make it far enough.

I'm hoping Garnett and the team are on the same page with this and the Celtics aren't trying to behind closed doors convince him to fight through it.  I also hope he's not trying to force the issue after watching the Celtics lose game 1.

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/basketball/celtics/view/2009_04_19_Saga_continues_as_Kevin_Garnett_sighted_at_practice_facility/

Re: Herald: Garnett sighted at Practice Facility
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2009, 06:03:13 PM »

Offline ScoobyDoo

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 447
I think the Celtics should be able to get rhough rounds one and two if they actually decide they want to play the games.

That would give Garnett about another 3-4 weeks of rest and therapy and to me if there is even 1% chance that he might get great results and have a suprsie recovery he should wait until we are out of the playoffs and just keep trying to get better in the event he gets a suprise recovery.

Once we're out, he shoudl do the surgery. Unless he's just in agaonising pain 24/7 right now, which I don't think he is when he's not playing. 

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2009, 06:45:31 PM »

Offline TonyAllenisbest

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 20
Oh C'mon KG just put the uniform on. You're supposed to be the greatest player ever, the most intense dramatic inspired spiritual and emotional leader.  You were the biggest hero ever last year, winning game after game, making big play after big play, going nuts at the end of ball games showing everybody the letters across your jersey. Opposing teams were scared of you, they thought you were crazy and couldn't handle your greatness.  You took the most storied franchise ever from its worst point in history and resurrected them from 24 wins to 82 and a title the next season. You helped us win 58 more games than 2006-07 in one year including the playoffs absolutely crushing the record of most wins improved in one season in the history of professional sports. The city went crazy, the fans regained its hope.  You did it for Lenny, for Reggie, for Larry & for Bill. Celtics fans regained their confidence. Baby took his shirt off and celebrated. One on one players like Lebron & Kobe turned into crybabies when they got wasted in the playoffs by the ultimate team player. The ultimate warrior. And now because of a ginger land on the knee our empire is crumbling. Other trainers are shocked when Doc comes out with the news that it is all over, and because of what the injury is supposed to be we are being questioned left and right and the authenticity of the diagnosis is not beleived by many.  That is making us look bad. If you are risking your life or your career don't do it, but the news we have been getting has been saying all along that it really can't be reinjured majorly.  Just put the uniform on.  Give it one try on the court for 1 minute, if you can't go, everyone will see it, you will get a standing ovation and your jersey will inspire us more than your turqouise sweater and suit jacket. Who cares if you can practice for 2 hours or run the 40 in 4.1 just put the uniform on. The NBA is nothing without you.

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2009, 06:48:07 PM »

Offline WeMadeIt17

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 435
very interesting stuff i really hope he comes back that would be so awesome! I wonder if they told him to just hold off to see how the rest of the series went with the bulls or if we get in trouble.. I wonder that because it was so up and down with his knee i mean he came back in played in what 4 games with the injury and then he was back out and then he was coming back and then he was back out? It seems to me if they see him working out without pain perhaps he will play a little at the time? i dont know just really reaching here but i really want KG back so [dang] bad.. It was depressing watching him on the bench  :-\

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2009, 06:51:23 PM »

Offline WeMadeIt17

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 435
great post tonyallenisthebest wow just wow.. I really think he will come out and try very soon! come on KG the garden would be rocking if he came out and tried it out!!! Come on KG i really think he wants to get out there just to try

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2009, 07:14:58 PM »

Offline jared1187

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 4
this whole situation is so strange

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2009, 07:33:21 PM »

Offline FatjohnReturns

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 120
LET HIM PLAY.

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2009, 07:39:07 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Yeah just force him to play.  He'll be washed up next year anyways... and there is no guarantee that everyone will be healthy for the playoffs next year.  Maybe Pierce, Ray or Rondo will be injured.   This might be the closest we'll ever get.  Hobble your butt out there, KG.  If the guy was able to play 4 games last month I don't see why he can't play in these playoffs. 

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2009, 07:42:55 PM »

Offline FatjohnReturns

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 120
Does anyone know his real diagnosis now? He obviously wants to play. Let him decide his playing time. The C's brass is not coming forward about whats going on.

« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2009, 08:26:04 PM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
I am simply amazed at how much is being made about a guy walking around a basketball court for FOUR minutes dribbling a basketball. He likely was there consulting about his upcoming surgery -- at least that is my guess.

« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2009, 08:32:26 PM »

Offline RAcker

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 69
  • Law mercy!
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

We know he wants to play and this only makes me think how much he must be hurting to not be able to. 

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2009, 08:39:32 PM »

Offline ScoobyDoo

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 447
I always thought since the beginning that we should just have planned on him being out until the conference finals.

They say the spur he can play with, it's the tendon that needs time to heal and it's not going as fast as they thought. Let him sit another 3-4 weeks.

This team can get through the first two rounds with a team effort without KG.

Perhps that extra 3-4 weeks will allow him to recover enough to play.

As long as he can't injur himself further and it's just a pain management thing.

If he could injur himself further by playing, just shut it down. 

« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2009, 08:44:25 PM »

Offline zubs

• Jordan Walsh
  • Tommy Points: 6
With Orlando losing today, maybe that series will go 7 games, and he can rest the knee longer and then can give it a go...

« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2009, 08:58:32 PM »

Offline TonyAllenisbest

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 20
Yeah he went on the basketball court to talk about surgery that makes sense. I guess then when he visits the hospital we will be sure for him to get an alley oop slam dunk from Rondo

« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2009, 09:03:35 PM »

Offline johnnymost

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 4
  • This year
Anybody remember Kevin McHale playing on at least one broken ankle? His eyes were about 6 inches into his head, and deep black sockets. I don't know if he can walk without pain to this day.

Yet he played, and contributed. I couldn't have done it. And yet they lost that year. I'm sure Dany remembers. And when Larry had to lay on the the floor between times when he would go in. And bouncing his head off the floor.
No more waiting