Author Topic: Decade in Review: Least Favorite Players to Wear Celtics Green  (Read 31191 times)

Re: Decade in Review: Least Favorite Players to Wear Celtics Green
« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2010, 08:34:36 AM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
Mark Blount, Mark Blount, and... Mark Blount
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2010, 09:08:37 AM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
Rasheed Wallace.
Antoine Walker.
Mark Blount.
Mikki Moore.
I actually have hoped these guys shots missed at various times.
I rooted for Marbury; he was a good soldier and tried to play the right way while he was here.  And Baker really screwed us, but I always liked his game so I rooted for him too. 
I rooted for all the young stiffs like Gerald, Forte, O'Bryant, etc, with the hope that they would improve.

What was wrong with Moore?  His only problem was very marginal talent.

« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2010, 09:16:47 AM »

Offline greg683x

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 585
Chris Mihm always frustrated me while he was here.  Everyone pretty much covered the other people I didn't like.

....oh and it wasn't just a lakers shirt that Joe Forte wore to the celtics facility it was a Kobe Bryant jersey.  Forte also got his butt kicked by Jerome James for wearing a Wiz jersey in the locker room the day they were playing the Wizards, and then rubbing it in after they lost.  The kids seriously got a screw loose.
Greg

« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2010, 09:23:27 AM »

Offline branhunter

• Neemias Queta
  • Tommy Points: 3
Easy list!

1.- Mark Blount  : rest in peace!
2.- Kedrick Brown: horrible pick
3.- Antoine Walker (2003-2005): gambling  ;)
4.- Vin Baker : drinking  :-\
5.- Marcus Banks : pointing the guard  ;D
6.- Raef Lafrentz : broken
7.- Brian Scalabrine : is he a player?
8.- Sebastian Telfair : the Marcus Bank brother
9.- Michael Olowakandi: strong center  8)
10.- Joe Forte : who?

« Reply #34 on: March 24, 2010, 09:47:20 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
Rasheed Wallace.
Antoine Walker.
Mark Blount.
Mikki Moore.
I actually have hoped these guys shots missed at various times.
I rooted for Marbury; he was a good soldier and tried to play the right way while he was here.  And Baker really screwed us, but I always liked his game so I rooted for him too. 
I rooted for all the young stiffs like Gerald, Forte, O'Bryant, etc, with the hope that they would improve.

He never made adjustments to how the refs were calling things.  He constantly reached in and fouled for no reason.  Plus he got playing time and was given a pretty significant role for a while on a team with championship aspirations.  There aren't many scrubs that complain to the refs like Moore did.  I don't think he's a bad guy, he was just highly frustrating, especially because 2/3 of the posters here thought he was a PJ Brown type aquisition who would provide rebounding and shot blocking(haha).

« Reply #35 on: March 24, 2010, 09:50:24 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Blount
Forte
Baker
Marbury
Telfair

« Reply #36 on: March 24, 2010, 09:54:35 AM »

Offline Truck Lewis

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 1053
  • Reggie "Truck" Lewis
Easy list!

1.- Mark Blount  : rest in peace!
2.- Kedrick Brown: horrible pick
3.- Antoine Walker (2003-2005): gambling  ;)
4.- Vin Baker : drinking  :-\
5.- Marcus Banks : pointing the guard  ;D
6.- Raef Lafrentz : broken
7.- Brian Scalabrine : is he a player?
8.- Sebastian Telfair : the Marcus Bank brother
9.- Michael Olowakandi: strong center  8)
10.- Joe Forte : who?

pretty good but a few tweaks

1.- Mark Blount  : no explanation needed
2.- Kedrick Brown: why did we trade Joe Johnson???
3.- Ricky Davis: all around jerk and team killer
4.- Vin Baker : has his demons
5.- Marcus Banks : terrible,,,nice job suns
6.- Wally World : at least we got rid of ricky
7.- Jerome Moiso : great pick
8.- Sebastian Telfair : idiot
9.- Michael Olowakandi: just bad
10.- Joe Forte : wore a Lakers jersey while on the C's

i cant put Toine in there, he was easily the 2nd best player on the 02 ECF team.  

Raef was a terrible trade, but he tried hard and couldnt help his body quit on him. Plus he he seems like a real nice guy.

Scal is overpaid but again, he busts his butt out there and has handled all the heckling through the years with class.
Looking for a Sig designer....obviously i will be greatful with tps.

Looking for a Wire - Rondo theme....PM with ideas and I'll tp

« Reply #37 on: March 24, 2010, 09:55:43 AM »

Offline shiggins

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 147
Mark Blount hands down,

but can we please add Jiri Welsch?  We traded Antoine for Raef, who was a bad contract by that point and Jiri...a "prospect"  First of all for some reason he would start over Ricky which was asinine, and he would proceed to follow the Marko Jaric/Ira Newble model of playing 30 minutes while probably collecting 5 points, 2 rebounds, and an assist and basically just doing completely nothing.

other than that...Mikki Moore, Allan Ray (never seen more airballs in my life), Scott Pollard, Vin Baker, Wally (one of my least favorite players before he got here, and made it worse that we traded Ricky for him), Orien Greene (Just a horrible player, made me upset when he was playing), and currently...Rasheed Wallace himself.  Complete, lazy, useless, no heart bum.

Edit
***needed to add the most pathetic boxscore of all time***
http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/200501190BOS.html

This game will forever be etched in my memory.  In 22 minutes of play, Mark Blount had no point, no rebounds, no blocks, 3 TOs and 3 fouls. 

« Reply #38 on: March 24, 2010, 10:00:48 AM »

Offline CDawg834

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 57
1) Mark Blount - went all out for half a season in a contract year, then completely mailed it in after getting his money.  The last straw was the "skipping downcourt" game when he played for Minnesota.
2) Tony Allen - my least favorite Celtic player...only a step below Blount on the list because Blount is a combination of a crap player AND a crap person.  As for TA, I just think he's a crap player.
3) Rasheed Wallace - there have been many threads this season about him, I think the reasons are obvious at this point.  Laziest player since Blount.  I hated the signing from Day 1.
4) Sam Cassell - the opposite of Ubuntu, almost sabotaged the C's championship run with his selfish play.  Anytime he saw Rondo at the scorer's table he jacked up a shot.  It took Doc 3 rounds of playoffs to realize he should have been playing Eddie instead of Sam all along.

As for the other players mentioned, it's pretty subjective.  Guys like Olowkandi and Forte, while lousy and/or obnoxious, weren't really expected to make major contributions to the team.  The guys on my list are a combination of frustrating play and attitude, and were also expected to have some impact on the team's success.

« Reply #39 on: March 24, 2010, 10:00:54 AM »

Offline Drucci

• Global Moderator
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 439
Sam Cassell. I was always rooting for Doc to pull him out of the court as soon as possible, the guy was playing for himself and jacking up terrible shots.

I'm kind of surprised that some people disliked Mikki Moore. He was awful in terms of contribution but he played with energy and he hustled, and he seemed like a genuine good guy. I really liked him and was rooting for his success!

« Reply #40 on: March 24, 2010, 10:01:14 AM »

Offline Thruthelookingglass

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 133

With ya Clover.  Our talented crew of backups would be a lot scarier if they played with even half of Moore's enthusiasm.  I have trouble knocking a guy who tries as hard as he did for our team. 

« Reply #41 on: March 24, 2010, 10:03:58 AM »

Offline Truck Lewis

• Don Chaney
  • Reggie "Truck" Lewis
tp shiggins,,,i forgot Jiri,,,he is high on my list.  Especially becuase he destroyed any confidence i had in Danny at the time because Danny drooled over him.

I dont get the Sam I Am hate.  he was always a shoot first pg and when Rondo struggled, Sam had a few key moments in the 08 run.

Also i dont get the Orienne hate.  He was a guy that shouldnt have even made the team.  Its not his fault we were so bad that he had to play.  Thats like hating on brandon wallace or billy walker if they got more PT

« Reply #42 on: March 24, 2010, 10:12:24 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
tp shiggins,,,i forgot Jiri,,,he is high on my list.  Especially becuase he destroyed any confidence i had in Danny at the time because Danny drooled over him.

I dont get the Sam I Am hate.  he was always a shoot first pg and when Rondo struggled, Sam had a few key moments in the 08 run.

Also i dont get the Orienne hate.  He was a guy that shouldnt have even made the team.  Its not his fault we were so bad that he had to play.  Thats like hating on brandon wallace or billy walker if they got more PT

Agree with the Cassell hate. He had a couple of good moments for us, and as the playoffs went on he started playing better defense for us, and moving the ball much better.

Though I hoped he was better for us, he carried our team through stretches when we really needed it... particularly that first game against the Cavs, solid defense against Detroit, and abused at times the Lakers PG. I think the hate stems from him playing rather than House at times, but then the beef should be with Doc I'd say if you felt that way.

He was clearly playing hurt with us, bad back and a wrist injury.

Oh, and you guys forget Pierce crediting some one on one games with Cassell to help him get his groove back during the playoffs? Did we forget Cassell pretty much being a coach to Rondo so that Doc could focus on other coaching duties, in a well coached playoff run for the most part... particularly the finals?

He certainly brought a lot more positives than negatives with him.

« Reply #43 on: March 24, 2010, 10:14:15 AM »

Offline CDawg834

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 57

And who can forget the "Orien Express" getting busted going 85 mph down Main Street in Waltham?  Probably the highlight of his time here.

« Reply #44 on: March 24, 2010, 10:32:39 AM »

Offline Truck Lewis

• Don Chaney
  • Reggie "Truck" Lewis

And who can forget the "Orien Express" getting busted going 85 mph down Main Street in Waltham?  Probably the highlight of his time here.

which reminds me...Gabe Pruitt anyone?