Author Topic: Celtics interview list  (Read 50762 times)

Re: Celtics interview list
« Reply #135 on: October 31, 2020, 05:02:26 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
added

Chris Genham is reporting that the Cs have" expressed interest in" Yoeli Childs, no work on interview or meeting

doesnt make much sense without an interview at least

saw a similar rumor that Knicks were interested?

Could be just smoke thrown out by Childs agent to generate interest

I personally would not touch Childs, even with the 47th pick

This years draft and the limited workouts will make it tough for teams to not tip their hands. I think Childs who Ainge is probably very familiar with through the BYU could be a player he likes but opts avoid interviewing/meeting with. The same can be said for Kaleb Wesson the Ohio st big who they worked out twice last year. Either big could be a solid option at #47.

Child is an interesting option as a smaller Center. I’m not sold in him on the perimeter but if he really has a 7’ wingspan and 8’10 reach he could be a nice option as a smaller center off the bench.

Both Wesson and Childs will be in trouble with their perimeter D/pnr D weakness in the NBA

Celts should target Tillman or maybe Oturu or Nnaji if they plan to pickup a big in the draft. At the basics these bigs can defend the interior and out to the perimeter

Not sold that Oturu will be a competent NBA defender but I 100% agree Tillman and Nnaji are much better prospects.

Why not Oturu?

Look at the clip below - under defensive presence. He can defend out to the perimeter. Block shots. Rebound.

https://youtu.be/x3Ouf2JXeX0

I like Oturu with a late pick but he looks a step slow for the NBA and he has to bring the ball down before he goes up for a shot/dunk which will be problematic in the NBA.

agreed.   His quickness looks somewhere between Theis and Kanter.    But can cover ground pretty well (unlike Kanter) and has a 7'3 wingspan.   His overall game/physical tools reminds me of Vucevic potential.

Oturu is really raw.

His stat line last season was 20ppg, 11reb, 2blk, 36 percent from 3 pt line, straight line driving ability for a big man.   It's not like he is a physical marvel either

He is not a finished product  .... but really raw?
I'd say raw is a good way to describe him. He reminds me of Hassan Whiteside a bit. Not versatile at all on offence, terrible defending the PnR and the perimeter, and has pretty poor awareness. His reliance on posting up is also a weakness for my mind. Only two NBA players posted up more than Oturu did (Embiid and LaMarcus Aldridge), and Oturu is a really poor passer.

I think his ability to score and rebound will enable him to carve a niche off the bench, but I seriously question his awareness and NBA-level defence for a 21 year-old
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #136 on: October 31, 2020, 07:14:35 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Hoping for Lewis jr, Jalen Smith and Reggie Perry to show on this list.

« Reply #137 on: October 31, 2020, 07:30:23 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
Reggie Perry is super intriguing but he doesn't seem to fit our bill. Offensive minded athletic big who doesn't spread the floor too much and isn't a great defender. The anti-Grant Williams

« Reply #138 on: October 31, 2020, 08:08:04 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Reggie Perry is super intriguing but he doesn't seem to fit our bill. Offensive minded athletic big who doesn't spread the floor too much and isn't a great defender. The anti-Grant Williams
Thing is he looks good spreading the floor and decent putting the ball down more than 85% of the big men this draft even over Carey, Tillman and Tille. Considering the potential and the fact he is just 20 I wouldn't pass a chance to draft him at pick 30. Guys that age, size, mobility and strength with some skill flashing you take a shot at.

« Reply #139 on: October 31, 2020, 05:18:34 PM »

Offline mmmmm

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 862

Tyler Bey sets record for a forward with 43.5 inch max vertical.  Udoka Azubuike sets record for a center with a 37 inch standing vertical.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2915913-reports-tyler-bey-udoka-azubuike-set-vertical-leap-records-at-2020-nba-combine

I really like Tyler Bey.  What a phenomenal defender that kid is.  I think people are sleeping on him.
NBA Officiating - Corrupt?  Incompetent?  Which is worse?  Does it matter?  It sucks.

« Reply #140 on: October 31, 2020, 07:49:54 PM »

Offline RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 292
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am

Tyler Bey sets record for a forward with 43.5 inch max vertical.  Udoka Azubuike sets record for a center with a 37 inch standing vertical.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2915913-reports-tyler-bey-udoka-azubuike-set-vertical-leap-records-at-2020-nba-combine

I really like Tyler Bey.  What a phenomenal defender that kid is.  I think people are sleeping on him.

I also really like Tyler Bey. Of course his offensive game (lots of post-ups) in college won't translate to the NBA, but he looks like you deservedly describe as a phenomenal defender.

He could be the low-volume 3-and-D solution at the '4' who provides great defense and rebounding. Sign me up for Tyler Bey at #26, I think he could be a steal.

The other Bey (Saddiq) has also grown on me. I've watched some full games of Villanova on YT just to watch Saddiq Bey and he's a very allround player. Nothing spectacular, but I'm okay with drafting him with our #14 pick, could have a Batum-like-career, who was a good player in Portland.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2020, 07:57:09 PM by RodyTur10 »

« Reply #141 on: October 31, 2020, 08:24:35 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

I also really like Tyler Bey. Of course his offensive game (lots of post-ups) in college won't translate to the NBA, but he looks like you deservedly describe as a phenomenal defender.

He could be the low-volume 3-and-D solution at the '4' who provides great defense and rebounding. Sign me up for Tyler Bey at #26, I think he could be a steal.

The other Bey (Saddiq) has also grown on me. I've watched some full games of Villanova on YT just to watch Saddiq Bey and he's a very allround player. Nothing spectacular, but I'm okay with drafting him with our #14 pick, could have a Batum-like-career, who was a good player in Portland.

I doubt Tyler Bey offensive game will translate also

But he could become a Bruce Bowen lockdown D (potential). Or Andre Roberson/Jeremi Grant versatile 1-4 defender

I like Robert Woodward better . Also a strong versatile defender but unlike Tyler Bey has skills that should translate at the nba level 
« Last Edit: October 31, 2020, 08:45:04 PM by Tr1boy »

« Reply #142 on: October 31, 2020, 10:50:16 PM »

Offline mmmmm

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 862

But he could become a Bruce Bowen lockdown D (potential). Or Andre Roberson/Jeremi Grant versatile 1-4 defender

I like Robert Woodward better . Also a strong versatile defender but unlike Tyler Bey has skills that should translate at the nba level

Woodward is interesting to me too, but I keep finding myself enamored of Tyler Bey's defense.  His footwork is phenomenal when sliding to guard an attacking guard.   Not often you see someone so adept at staying in front of opponents.

I also think some of his offensive 'limitations' have to do with what he was asked to do.  Although the volume is low, when he has shot the ball from outside, his percentages are good and his basic shot looks good, albeit a bit flat.  Nothing that couldn't be fixed at the NBA level.
NBA Officiating - Corrupt?  Incompetent?  Which is worse?  Does it matter?  It sucks.

« Reply #143 on: October 31, 2020, 11:48:04 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN

I actually like Azubuike's defensive profile, I've watched some clips of him playing and he looks like a great defender in a drop scheme with some versatility on the perimeter with his hips and lateral quickness.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #144 on: November 01, 2020, 03:54:00 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

I actually like Azubuike's defensive profile, I've watched some clips of him playing and he looks like a great defender in a drop scheme with some versatility on the perimeter with his hips and lateral quickness.
I feel like he could instantly be a solid 15MPG bruising guy (ironically, that's someone we desperately need) almost from the get go. Trouble is he shoots free throws like a young Andre Drummond and is quite turnover prone for a big with no passing ability

« Reply #145 on: November 01, 2020, 04:10:51 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN

I feel like he could instantly be a solid 15MPG bruising guy (ironically, that's someone we desperately need) almost from the get go. Trouble is he shoots free throws like a young Andre Drummond and is quite turnover prone for a big with no passing ability
If he can fix his FT shooting he'd be pretty good as a pure screen setter and short corner guy who crashes the offensive glass and gobbles up feeds from perimeter players.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #146 on: November 01, 2020, 10:12:20 AM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386

Agree...type of player that could make some teams regret...For some reason I think of Matt Barnes as a comparison.  Barnes was a very good player for a while.  I think Barnes is taller but not sure...

« Reply #147 on: November 01, 2020, 10:21:41 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834

Agree...type of player that could make some teams regret...For some reason I think of Matt Barnes as a comparison.  Barnes was a very good player for a while.  I think Barnes is taller but not sure...

Same height--6'7".

« Reply #148 on: November 01, 2020, 10:30:46 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834

I agree. Woodard would fit really well for us. He is a low volume, efficient shooter, very long, good athlete, really a good 2 way fit.  Like Semi but longer, and better shooter.  Would be pleased taking him at 30 if available. I'd like to take Bolmaro at 26 and stash him.

14  Hampton or Poku or Lewis
26  Bolmaro
30  Woodard II or Bane or Ritter

« Reply #149 on: November 01, 2020, 10:42:12 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 421
Added

Yoeli Childs

It appears he has interviewed with Cs
Mavs