Author Topic: 2017-18 NBA Season  (Read 199897 times)

Re: 2017-18 NBA Season
« Reply #150 on: October 25, 2017, 10:11:08 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Danny Ainge is smiling somewhere right about now

« Reply #151 on: October 25, 2017, 10:17:04 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
Time to watch John wall destroy ball

« Reply #152 on: October 25, 2017, 10:39:38 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Jordan Clarkson tends to do well against the Wiz and they have Brook Lopez now. I don't think this is a slam dunk for the Wiz by any means

« Reply #153 on: October 25, 2017, 10:40:34 PM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
So several comments on the Sixers losing a 1 point game to the Rockets.  No shame in that.  Meanwhile crickets on the TWolves losing by 21 to the Pistons who the Sixers beat by 11 on Monday.   

While both teams are overrated, Minny is much more likeable than Philly, which I'm assuming is most of it (and the bandwagon Philly fans on here certainly don't help, though it's not as bad anymore without LarBrd33 constantly overrating them).

But also, Minny was without Butler, on the second night of a back to back, and in Detroit. That's a completely different context than Philly tonight.
Personally I find the Sixers more interesting and more likeable.  Much of that is Embiid but they have other players (Holmes, TLC, Korkmaz) I was interested in as draft prospects.  Also Covington's success as an undrafted player. 

The Sixers were actually playing a top team.    They are 1-4 but those losses are to Wizards, Celtics, Raptors and Rockets.  Their next game is against the Rockets too.  Don't see how they are overrated.  They are a fringe playoff team assuming Embiid stays healthy.  The TWolves on the other hand were talked about as 48 or more win team before this season and they were actually talked about as a playoff team before last season. 

If the TWolves without Butler lose by 23 to Indiana and 21 to Detroit, what does that say about Wiggins and Towns as impact players? 

« Reply #154 on: October 25, 2017, 10:40:45 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Wow. No Eric Bledsoe. No problem. Maybe Mike James is the real deal

« Reply #155 on: October 25, 2017, 11:13:13 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
Those are some ugly, ugly Lakers jerseys.

« Reply #156 on: October 25, 2017, 11:13:32 PM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
Mike Scott is a ball stopper.

« Reply #157 on: October 25, 2017, 11:17:19 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
They're wearing the Minneapolis jersey

Meeks is playing like ray allen tonight against the terrible faker defense

« Reply #158 on: October 25, 2017, 11:18:11 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
So several comments on the Sixers losing a 1 point game to the Rockets.  No shame in that.  Meanwhile crickets on the TWolves losing by 21 to the Pistons who the Sixers beat by 11 on Monday.   

While both teams are overrated, Minny is much more likeable than Philly, which I'm assuming is most of it (and the bandwagon Philly fans on here certainly don't help, though it's not as bad anymore without LarBrd33 constantly overrating them).

But also, Minny was without Butler, on the second night of a back to back, and in Detroit. That's a completely different context than Philly tonight.
Personally I find the Sixers more interesting and more likeable.  Much of that is Embiid but they have other players (Holmes, TLC, Korkmaz) I was interested in as draft prospects.  Also Covington's success as an undrafted player. 

The Sixers were actually playing a top team.    They are 1-4 but those losses are to Wizards, Celtics, Raptors and Rockets.  Their next game is against the Rockets too.  Don't see how they are overrated.  They are a fringe playoff team assuming Embiid stays healthy.  The TWolves on the other hand were talked about as 48 or more win team before this season and they were actually talked about as a playoff team before last season. 

If the TWolves without Butler lose by 23 to Indiana and 21 to Detroit, what does that say about Wiggins and Towns as impact players?

Houston is overrated, especially without Paul. They looked like poo poo tonight.

« Reply #159 on: October 25, 2017, 11:32:53 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386

Tazz I feel like you are a lot smarter than not getting this. A team in our division (who we also swapped first round picks with) blew an 8 point lead in the final 63 seconds to a popular team with an MVP candidate missing 3 rotation players (on a buzzer beater no less) You are surprised there are more comments on that game than the timberwolves losing a game missing butler to an irrelevant team like the pistons? What game would you expect more comments on... you post too much here to not get this

« Reply #160 on: October 26, 2017, 12:04:29 AM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson

Tazz I feel like you are a lot smarter than not getting this. A team in our division (who we also swapped first round picks with) blew an 8 point lead in the final 63 seconds to a popular team with an MVP candidate missing 3 rotation players (on a buzzer beater no less) You are surprised there are more comments on that game than the timberwolves losing a game missing butler to an irrelevant team like the pistons? What game would you expect more comments on... you post too much here to not get this
I didn't say I was surprised.  Just find the constant need some folks on here have to jump through hoops to the knock the Sixers rather silly and disproportionate.  Of course not being from the Boston area gives me a different perspective.  Phillies were my favorite baseball team growing up and while a Celtics fan I liked the Sixers of the 80s too.  My dislike of New York and Los Angeles teams was acquired not inherited. 

« Reply #161 on: October 26, 2017, 12:06:47 AM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson

Houston is overrated, especially without Paul. They looked like poo poo tonight.
So Houston is overrated too.   Sounds like besides GSW and ourselves every team is overrated. 

« Reply #162 on: October 26, 2017, 12:09:28 AM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
Wow. No Eric Bledsoe. No problem. Maybe Mike James is the real deal

Also Jackson to the bench?

« Reply #163 on: October 26, 2017, 12:14:55 AM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
Have The Lakers only played home games so far this year? Oh and one game against The Suns....

« Reply #164 on: October 26, 2017, 12:18:05 AM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
Do you think Mark Jackson has all those cliches written down or does he have them memorized?